Thread: HELP!!! Blackberry Bold Won't re-start!!!

Phones
    Black BlackBerry Bold 9000
    BB Curve 8300
    Moto RAZR V3
    Carriers
    AT&T -->
    --> ... or a 3rd!
    Feedback Score

HELP!!! Blackberry Bold Won't re-start!!!

Connected my Bold to my laptop to do a regular back-up, a window popped up and showed "Application Upgrade(s)" so I accepted...

It went through the normal routine, but did not finish - The Error message:
    The Device does not have sufficient storage space to accommodate your application selections. Please select fewer optional application, or clear some application data from the device.

Application data could not be restored to the device. The backup data file has been saved to "filename.ipd". You can use the Desktop Manager/Restore tool to restore this information.

The Device filesystem is full IJ:0x0000000DI
    So I cleared that, went to Desktop Manager/Restore tool, selected the file name (given in the error message, and restored...

After the process was completed, I disconnected phone from laptop, did a battery pull, and now it won't restart. It just keeps cycling on and off but it never fully reboots.

Any help on how I can get it restarted would be greatly appreciated!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.464 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

If you have a backup, I'd say use JL_Cmdr or BBSAK and wipe the device, reinstall the OS using app loader (not desktop manager), then restore your backup.

Phones
    BB Curve 8300
    Moto RAZR V3
    Carriers
    AT&T -->
    --> ... or a 3rd!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS2000
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.464 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

If you have a backup, I'd say use JL_Cmdr or BBSAK and wipe the device, reinstall the OS using app loader (not desktop manager), then restore your backup.
    Do I need to wipe the device or could I just reinstall the OS and restore???

Thanks very much!

Phones
    iPhone 3Gs/Bold2 9700
    Storm 9530/Tour 9630
    Bold 9000/Curve2 8530
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    If you got everything backed up a clean wipe is always the best.

Phones
    BB Curve 8300
    Moto RAZR V3
    Carriers
    AT&T -->
    --> ... or a 3rd!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak
    If you got everything backed up a clean wipe is always the best.
    Gotcha... I'll give it a try... Thank you both for your quick replies

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Good luck to you! Let us know how it turns out.

Phones
    BB Curve 8300
    Moto RAZR V3
    Carriers
    AT&T -->
    --> ... or a 3rd!
    Feedback Score
    It worked like a charm... After the wipe/reinstall/restore, I did lose some apps (Memo Pad/Password Keeper) but I reinstalled those through DesktopMgr/AppLoader, restored my backed up info once more... And got those back now.

Also, it was a challenge getting my browser settings back to where they were... But I got that taken care of too.

Even with as frustrated and panicked as I was, I'm back in the game... I do appreciate the help.

Thank you both so much

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Happened to me too but app loader doesnt see the bold. every 10th try or so my pin comes up and it starts but the phone shuts down. any ideas?

Phones
    BB Curve 8300
    Moto RAZR V3
    Carriers
    AT&T -->
    --> ... or a 3rd!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdncableguy
    Happened to me too but app loader doesnt see the bold. every 10th try or so my pin comes up and it starts but the phone shuts down. any ideas?
    The problem I had was that my phone was cycling on/off when I was trying to use "loader"... When I got to the "app loader" (different program than "loader") part, my phone was already restored...

Anyways... I followed THIS procedure and it worked great... See "step 2" where it advises you to remove the battery before plugging it in...

Give it a try, hope it helps.

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 661omar
    Anyways... I followed THIS procedure and it worked great... See "step 2" where it advises you to remove the battery before plugging it in...
    I have done that. Still having trouble with the computer seeing my phone. Might be because I'm running in Virtual Machine on a Mac. I'm going to see if I can get to a friends house and use his PC.

Phones
    Bold 9900
    Bold 9900, Bold 9000, E71-2
    6301, 6230b, V400
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdncableguy
    I have done that. Still having trouble with the computer seeing my phone. Might be because I'm running in Virtual Machine on a Mac. I'm going to see if I can get to a friends house and use his PC.
    Have you tried the Blackberry Desktop software for MAC?

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...esktop_mac.jsp