Thread: Help needs Internet access settings for Samsung Hype Phone.

Feedback Score

Wink Help needs Internet access settings for Samsung Hype Phone.

Just got a new unlocked Samsung Hype phone for my daughter and needs help for settings to internet and mms, etc. Got a 2 gig data package for her too.
    And the Samsung Hype is only on GPRS (according to Rogers website?) and not 3G capability?

Thanks alot....as usual HOFOs

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    you will not need a data package for the hype...... you can have the unlimited browsing add on i am pretty sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knight555
    you will not need a data package for the hype...... you can have the unlimited browsing add on i am pretty sure.
    No, you can't use unlocked phones with the unlimited mobile browsing, or else you'll get charged pay-per-use.

Feedback Score

Smile

Thanks alot ... I do have the 2Gig data package from her previous Motorola Q9H phone and intends to keep the data package on her newly purchased unlocked Samsung A256 hype from Rogers her emails, text messages, Youtube, MSN Messenger Instant Messenger.

Need assistance to set the internet settings on the phone... d.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by globalreading
    Thanks alot ... I do have the 2Gig data package from her previous Motorola Q9H phone and intends to keep the data package on her newly purchased unlocked Samsung A256 hype from Rogers her emails, text messages, Youtube, MSN Messenger Instant Messenger.

Need assistance to set the internet settings on the phone... d.

Thanks.

Um.... sorry to tell you this but...

The Samsung Hype is a GARBAGE phone...

Youtube? no way, not even EDGE phone is usefull, you need at least EVDO speeds for streaming, You wont even get Opera mini working properly...

And 2Gig plan is overkill for what your daughter needs on this phone.. If you want to keep the plan thats great but you might as well get her something useful like an iPhone, smartphone or at least change to another provider and get a dumbphone that has youtube, facebook, and all that jazz on prepaid!

Samsung hype is a cheap phone that just happens to have a QWERTY pad...

its a really bad phone, I kid you not.

To give you an example, this phone was on sale for ~$44 and the unlock code was $6 online...

If you want to keep that phone I would suggest ditching Fido, port the number over to Rogers Prepaid, add the $7 unlimited browsing plan and dump $100 card in it... You can get monthly prepaid plans there...

This was sold as a messaging phone, not a net phone.

Phones
    LG G2x
    HTC Desire
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not to mention that the KB will refuse to acknowledge keystrokes if you put them in at any reasonable speeds. Expect more words with missing letters than you would usually get from a teenager.