Thread: Porting to Page Plus - Verizon passcode

Feedback Score

Question Porting to Page Plus - Verizon passcode

So the passcode is generally the last 4 digits of your phone number. Since I am not sure, do I just take a guess and put it down as that? Kitty says it will delay porting 4 days if I don't provide it.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It is. That was the number for every port I did, since postpaid accounts don't have the account security codes that prepaid has.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you haven't set up a pin before, VZW defaults it to the last four digits of your SSN. You can check and see if this is it if you call in to VZW CS, and if after prompting you for your phone #, the rep asks for the last 4 of your social, or for your pin.

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    This is one assumption that customers often make that is incorrect: They sometimes assume that their Verizon Prepaid (or any carrier) account does not have a Passcode or PIN. Often times the carrier will establish the PIN for you without you even knowing it.

In order to make sure that your port always goes through as QUICKLY as possible, we always recommend that people make one simple call to their old carrier to double check their account number and passcode before submitting a port request form.

The reason we say it may delay it up to 4 days is very simple: By the time we submit the form with the inaccurate information, and it gets rejected, and we have to resubmit it after we get the corrected information from the customer, it can easily take up to 4 days. One simple phone call to your old carrier to get the correct information before submitting the form will save you, and us, a whole lot of work :-)

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    This is one assumption that customers often make that is incorrect: They sometimes assume that their Verizon Prepaid (or any carrier) account does not have a Passcode or PIN. Often times the carrier will establish the PIN for you without you even knowing it.

In order to make sure that your port always goes through as QUICKLY as possible, we always recommend that people make one simple call to their old carrier to double check their account number and passcode before submitting a port request form.

The reason we say it may delay it up to 4 days is very simple: By the time we submit the form with the inaccurate information, and it gets rejected, and we have to resubmit it after we get the corrected information from the customer, it can easily take up to 4 days. One simple phone call to your old carrier to get the correct information before submitting the form will save you, and us, a whole lot of work :-)

Thanks,
    Kitty
    Good summary. This should be put into the Wiki, to clear up any confusion. Sorry if I gave out any wrong information, just stating what worked for me.

Feedback Score
    Ok so it doesn't have to be 4 numbers?

So it is the code you give Verizon after you tell them your phone number?

It could be more then 4 and made up of letters & numbers?

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashForward
    Ok so it doesn't have to be 4 numbers?

So it is the code you give Verizon after you tell them your phone number?

It could be more then 4 and made up of letters & numbers?
    It can be more than 4 numbers, but no letters.

Possible passwords:
    Last 4 digits of phone #
    Last 4 of SSN
    Zip code
    VM password
    Any password that they ask for when you call CS.

Feedback Score
    Hmm ok. Thanks. Guess I better call the V. I have no clue what mine is.

Feedback Score
    So I called today for my passcode. The CS Rep asked me why I just needed the pass code and nothing else. I should have just hung up, but she was persistant and I finally said because I want to port out. I figured she might offer me some deal to stay, but nope. She said that I must wait until March 8th to leave. I asked why. She said Verizon doesn't pro-rate the service. If I leave now I will not get any money back.

Is this true? Verizon doesn't pro-rate? I am out of contract just for reference.

I was out of contract when I dropped their Wireless USB Broadband and I thought they pro-rated it then. That was back in June.

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashForward
    So I called today for my passcode. The CS Rep asked me why I just needed the pass code and nothing else. I should have just hung up, but she was persistant and I finally said because I want to port out. I figured she might offer me some deal to stay, but nope. She said that I must wait until March 8th to leave. I asked why. She said Verizon doesn't pro-rate the service. If I leave now I will not get any money back.

Is this true? Verizon doesn't pro-rate? I am out of contract just for reference.

I was out of contract when I dropped their Wireless USB Broadband and I thought they pro-rated it then. That was back in June.
    This is, unfortunately, correct. Verizon does not pro-rate their time and you would not get any partial refund. Perhaps rules have changed since last June?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Some things they do pro-rate, like phone insurance, but anything on "the plan" is carried for the whole month. The alternative, and what they used to do, is to prorate both the month AND the number of plan minutes for the month. So if you had used a higher percentage of your minutes than what the pro-rated plan month allowed for, you would end up with some pretty nasty overage charges. Six of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    This is, unfortunately, correct. Verizon does not pro-rate their time and you would not get any partial refund. Perhaps rules have changed since last June?
    I ported out of VZW last month and no pro-rated refund. My last bill was

Amount due: $0

When I ported out Verizon landline sometime ago, there was a pro-rated refund.