Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Text to Landline Charge?

Feedback Score

Text to Landline Charge?

Hi there.

I recently accidentally sent a text message to a landline. I got a text reply saying to send in english, reply E, to send in French, reply F.

I did not reply.

Am I charged for them already at this point even if I don't reply?

Thanks

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i am not sure if you get charged, but 1 text to a landline will cost you a quarter, so it does not matter to much

Phone
    Google Nexus S
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You are not charged if you do not reply, only if the message is sent to the landline.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Yes only if the message is sent to a Land Line, Rogers & Fido cost is 25c a messages plus it comes out of your incld messages. Bell & Telus No Cost it just comes out of your inlcd messages, if you don't have any incld messages then your cost on Rogers & Fido is 25c + 15c = .40c plus tax on Bell & Telus it will cost you 15c + Tax
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch
    You are not charged if you do not reply, only if the message is sent to the landline.
    Well, I did NOT reply, and yet I've been charged for them.

I call in, and the CSR insists that I am charged regardless if I reply E for english, regardless if the message is delivered.

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    Yes only if the message is sent to a Land Line, Rogers & Fido cost is 25c a messages plus it comes out of your incld messages. Bell & Telus No Cost it just comes out of your inlcd messages, if you don't have any incld messages then your cost on Rogers & Fido is 25c + 15c = .40c plus tax on Bell & Telus it will cost you 15c + Tax
    What if I don't reply to that message? Should I be charged?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exalted719
    Well, I did NOT reply, and yet I've been charged for them.

I call in, and the CSR insists that I am charged regardless if I reply E for english, regardless if the message is delivered.

Any ideas?
    I can tell you the CSR is not right. I've accidently texted to a landline during new years and I was not charged for it. I just ignored the text message it sent to reply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilasianangel
    I can tell you the CSR is not right. I've accidently texted to a landline during new years and I was not charged for it. I just ignored the text message it sent to reply.
    I got another repeat message saying "reply E to ..." for the same message, presumably because I never replied to the message.

I called in again, and once again they told me that I am charged if I accidentally send to a landline, regardless if I reply to that message.

Any tips?

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Well my experience in most cases you can not win from these Providers... They will take you money & if you don't pay them you are screwed up the A*s, & if they owe you money you have to Beg them for it.

Phone
    Google Nexus S
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    exalted719, I assume you have not gotten a bill yet.

I can tell you, for sure, that there is no charge for text to landline unless you reply to that message. It will not appear on your bill.

psgill2873, nice to see a Wind supporter, and you are always welcome, however, your comment is not helpful to this situation at all.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i accidentally sent some texts to landline during new year's too and was charged for them. 25 cents each w/o replying on my bill. they showed up as premium text messages.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch
    exalted719, I assume you have not gotten a bill yet.

I can tell you, for sure, that there is no charge for text to landline unless you reply to that message. It will not appear on your bill.

psgill2873, nice to see a Wind supporter, and you are always welcome, however, your comment is not helpful to this situation at all.
    That is correct, I have not gotten the bill yet.

However, I have been told by multiple CSRs that I am charged REGARDLESS if I reply to that message.

I know for Rogers they don't charge you unless you reply. Is it different with Fido?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    Well my experience in most cases you can not win from these Providers... They will take you money & if you don't pay them you are screwed up the A*s, & if they owe you money you have to Beg them for it.
    i thought Fido would be a little better than Rogers...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery
    i accidentally sent some texts to landline during new year's too and was charged for them. 25 cents each w/o replying on my bill. they showed up as premium text messages.
    Yes, that is what they are calling them. "Premium text messages".

Though for some reason they show up under the MMS counter on Fido.ca

Feedback Score
    Let me get this straight, you're angry because of 25 cents?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast