Thread: HTC Ozone for T-Mobile and Verizon?

Feedback Score

HTC Ozone for T-Mobile and Verizon?

Can I use HTC Ozone on both T-Mobile and Verizon? It has a sim slot that works on T-Mobile GSM and CDMA for Verizon, right?

thanks

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If the phone is unlocked, it can be used on T-Mobile, but it cannot be used at the same time on Verizon. It will be one or the other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    If the phone is unlocked, it can be used on T-Mobile, but it cannot be used at the same time on Verizon. It will be one or the other.
    I am just trying to understand this... If the phone is unlocked and it is activated on the Verizon, when I put my T-mobile sim in the slot, it will be a t-mobile phone but when I take the card out, it will be a Verizon phone?

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't lock the Ozone to Verizon?
    My uncle bought one of those Verizon "world phones", not the Ozone, but a Samsung "dumb" world phone.
    We then tried to get it working with a non-Verizon SIM... NOPE... Verizon refused to unlock it for other carrier SIMs.

That the Ozone is a HTC certainly would help as there probably are hacks out there to unlock it. But I definitely got the sense that Verizon generally did not willingly unlock its world phones for other GSM SIMs, even int'l SIMs, nevermind domestic ones like Tmo USA...

Nonetheless, these pages claims otherwise, so... GL...

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/ht...lot-35262.html
    http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/ar.../242133_1.aspx

Phones
    NOKIA E66/5800d, HTC Ozone (T-M)
    HTC Ozone (PP/T-M)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uat1
    I am just trying to understand this... If the phone is unlocked and it is activated on the Verizon, when I put my T-mobile sim in the slot, it will be a t-mobile phone but when I take the card out, it will be a Verizon phone?
    Once you unlock it, you can let it automatically select a CDMA OR GSM network or you can do it manually.

I have a T-M SIM and also run on VZ resellers, but only one at a time.

You leave the SIM in all the time.

Phones
    Nexus 5, HTC Incredible 2, Eris GB, Ozone , Moto Q9c, V750, K1m/V3m, Q & L6i GSM, E815m
    unlock/debranded SE Z750a/i, Moto i740, Nokia 3555, LG VX8100 & 4500, Mot V60s, LG VX4400/B & VX3100
    LG TM510, Samsung A310, Mot Timeport/Startac, QCP 860/700, Nokia 2160, Mot DPC 650 & Microtac XLT
    Carriers
    T-Mobile 4G LTE, AT&T, China Mobile HK
    Feedback Score
    To get VZW to generate an unlock code for the Ozone, you need to contact the global support desk & request it. There's info on this forum and also at www.everythingwm.com about the requirements & steps to take, etc.

A prepaid SIM (AT&T Gophone) will work for voice service when you switch it to GSM mode - not sure about data services, plus you will need to have a data plan on your prepaid account anyway. A T-Mo prepaid SIM also work for voice calls but data services will most likely not worked (as I tried it on my unlocked Q8 GSM global phone & web surfing was disabled/blocked by T-Mo (it apparently checked the database & recognized mine as a smartphone).

For me, the ability to switch to a GSM SIM even domestically when not traveling is important in case I lose connectivity to the CDMA towers for whatever reasons - as I do not have to always carry 2 phones with the GSM used mainly for backup voice calls.

P.S. I downloaded the official WM6.5 ROM update (from 1.12.605.30 in WM6.1 to 2.16.605.15) and it's cool - the customized HTC Home Screen feature is nice, along with a few other "edits" to move the screen lock, full screen mobile web browser mode, etc.
    4G LTE & Unl. Text, Opera Mini/Skype w. WM6.5 & WiFi access, Goggle Mobile Maps/GPS. On the Job: UHF 5W Duplex HT DTMF-PL repeater (backup: 800Mhz Motorola & Nextel portables) - private 900Mhz alpha-numeric paging net for 24/7/365 Incident Command - Is your "Go" Kit ready? Mass Transit Tips: "If you see something, say something - Call 911 !"

Feedback Score

htc ozone

I just bought a htc ozone and need help activating it. The problem is that I can only call either VRZ or 911 on the phone. It won't let me call another number. What can I do?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You need to contact your provider in order to get it activated, unless you need it to be unlocked first.