HTC Touch Pro 2(T Mobile)
    Nokia E63
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Simple Mobile(Backup)|Google Voice
    Feedback Score

ATT MVNO's?

What are examples of mvno's using att? do any of these offer data?

Feedback Score
    There are TONS of Att mvnos. NONE offer data. You have Gophone and using a phone equipped with wifi as alternates. Simple Mobile , a Tmobile gsm mvno has some data options.

Phone
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    can you point us to some good at&t mvno?

Feedback Score
    Jolt Gsm. 10 cent a minute basic rate. 15 cpm includes international calling to 70 countries. $50 unlimited talk/text.

Pure Talk. 10 cpm. Must be on monthly autotopup. Lowest priced unlimited plan at $48. Big selection of gsm phones. Cheap ones too.

Red Pocket. Multi language CS. Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Filipino/Tagalog as well as English/Spanish. 15 cpm rate. Can be as low as 10cpm with more minutes.
    Great rates internationally , especially to Asian countries.

Roxy. Obscure 10cpm Att prepaid mvno. Not much information available.

O2/H20. Locus gsm brand. Has 14 cpm basic rate. Also dollar a day unlimited night/weekends with 14 cpm anytime and 5 cents a text. Monthly plans include 29.99/500 anytime minutes, 39.99/800 anytime minutes and 49.99 /unlimited talk/text/intl text. Has really cheap subsidized (and locked) phones.

Air Voice Gsm unlimited. Has Rates as low as 7-8 cpm. Long expiration times. 10 cents a text. Also 7 day, 14 day and monthly unlimited talk/text/intl text plans.

There are more.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    You can trick Net10 into sending an AT&T based SIM equipped-phone, but you have to use one of their phones as well (the SIM does not work in any other phone). $15 a month minimum, 10cpm. Use zip code 49421 for obtaining the phone list (it can be shipped to your actual address when you order and is activated using your home zip once you receive the phone). The same works for Tracfone, but to get a good deal you have to go on a monthly plan or buy time in $40 chunks with a special double-minute phone to get a 10cpm rate (the more expensive GSM Tracfones are usually DMFL). The advantage with Net10/Tracfone is that you get postpaid roaming at no extra charge, most AT&T MVNOs don't roam.

Phone
    Razr v3, v3a, v3m, v3m, v3m
    Carriers
    Current: PagePlus, O2;
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    Y..., most AT&T MVNOs don't roam.
    There are likely one or two tiny places where t-mobile has coverage while AT&T does not - but for the most part it is t-mobile that needs to roam on AT&T towers.

Feedback Score
    This needs to be updated. Most Att mvnos now offer data and better coverage.
    Jolt, Air Voice, Red Pocket and H20 all offer 100 megs of data on their unlimited talk/text/mms plans for $50.

Jolt, Air Voice, Red Pocket offer (expensive) per use data on their paygo plans.

All Att mvnos and Att Gophone/prepaid have enhanced coverage nationwide over areas previously not covered but the new areas can only be accessed with an Att 3G compatible gsm phone. Generic/Tmobile unlocked devices without the Att 850mhz 3G channel will not be able to take advantage of the increased coverage.

And again, it helps to have a wifi equipped phone. Except for Blackberries, Winmo and Palm OS devices, modern OS's generally need a lot more data then 100 megs. (Android/IOS in particular).

Feedback Score
    Another update: Att's new UNLIMITED talk/messaging/data plan (for feature phones) for $50 is launching on June 26. In one fell swoop, this renders all of the Att mvno plans at $50 as overpriced (for feature phones).

Whether Att will give its mvnos a better data plan or allow them to lower rates remains to be seen. As the parent carrier, they do pull the reins on their mvnos.

How low will prices go? Me, I'm hoping for data increases. The unlimited data part, even for feature phones took me off guard after Att became one of the first to change to tiered plans.

Who could see this coming?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Another update: Att's new UNLIMITED talk/messaging/data plan (for feature phones) for $50 is launching on June 26. In one fell swoop, this renders all of the Att mvno plans at $50 as overpriced (for feature phones).

Whether Att will give its mvnos a better data plan or allow them to lower rates remains to be seen. As the parent carrier, they do pull the reins on their mvnos.

How low will prices go? Me, I'm hoping for data increases. The unlimited data part, even for feature phones took me off guard after Att became one of the first to change to tiered plans.

Wow this is great!!!! And unbelievable.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is showing the FCC how competitive the market is. The fact is though this is prepaid and there are no contracts so they can drop this like a hot potato after the merger is approved if they want to.

Why have MVNOs if you are offering competitive plans yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    AT&T is showing the FCC how competitive the market is. The fact is though this is prepaid and there are no contracts so they can drop this like a hot potato after the merger is approved if they want to.

Why have MVNOs if you are offering competitive plans yourself?
    I know--do you think they will do away with them?

Feedback Score
    Att's never given its mvnos an indisputable edge lately. When paygo prices were 25 cents vs mvnos 10-15 cents and Att was $3 a day unlimited talk only vs mvnos $40-50 unlimited talk/text there was a gap but now, they are throwing the scraps to the mvnos it seems. When the mvnos got the 100 meg data package, Att had already moved on to as much as 500 megs. And the $40 unlimited talk/text does not include mms either.

Whether Att is doing this for whatever reason (and I believe OTG has a point considering how ATT is throwing lobbying money to basically bribe people into supporting the merger as bad as that is), it will make the market competitive , at least for now.

Whether such deals will continue or not is another thing.

Notice that this deal mirror's Tmobile's new $50 unlimited deal almost (Verizon's unleashed is a JOKE).
    With Tmobile gone, what value competition will there be on a truly national level to keep prices down, especially in prepaid short of an mvno rising up (it won't be an Att mvno for sure, Att will make sure of that) or an independent regional becoming a truly national power (Cricket/Metro merger murmer again? ).

I think just like everything else in prepaid, enjoy it while it is here. Tmobile prepaid and Boost iden will probably be gone as options in 18-24 months so that gives one the month to month /temporary nature of prepaid the ability to be used to its maximum advantage.

We prepaid hofo users will survive no matter what happens, that's just the bottomline. No matter what merger or whatever, that won't change.

Feedback Score
    Update: I'm sure everyone here knows but wth. H20 Gsm is boosting its Att 3G compatible unlimited talk/text $50 plan to 250 megs (hard capped, no overage options, no rollover) up from 100 megs.

Air Voice, Jolt and Red Pocket hold at 100 megs with add on (expensive) overage options but no rollover.

Pure Talk is bringing up the rear with nothing but is stated to launch a 100mms/100 meg added plan for 43.95 (I hate their weird prices) in September along with a ten dollar 100 meg overage card .

Att Gophone of course has unlimited everything for $50 for all feature phones but most smartphones (aside from a select few) won't work with the data portion.

H20 pulls ahead as best deal for Iphone/Att branded Android users unless you go over the 250 megs. Then ouch . Better use the wifi and fill in the gaps with the 250...

I want to see an Att mvno with 1)Data rollover. 2)Reasonably priced overage options. 3)More megs. All in one mvno. Wonder if it'll ever happen. Who knows.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    "I want to see an Att mvno with 1)Data rollover. 2)Reasonably priced overage options. 3)More megs. All in one mvno. Wonder if it'll ever happen. Who knows."

I would agree with this 100%. I use Straight Talk right now with the unlocked SIM and an Android phone, but who knows how long it will last since its not "allowed". The H20 deal is tempting if they would go to about 500 MB. I would be very tempted to switch for that. 250 is cutting it a bit too close. I think most people these days use data ALOT more than talk or text. My phone is used for about 95% data (WIFI when possible) and 5% or less talk/text.

Feedback Score
    H20 is supposedly getting a larger data unlimited talk/text plan for $60 in the near future. They are trying to go toe to toe with Simple (which won't happen). Because Simple has unlimited which no amount of limited data can beat. However, if the merger goes through, everything will change.

I'm guessing if the $60 plan comes out soon, it will be 500 megs. I don't see Att giving its mvnos more data then it gives its own prepaid gophone dept.

Also, it could never come out. Red Pocket had monthly less then unlimited plans in the works and it never happened. H20 supposedly had a $2 a day unlimited talk/text daily option. Where is it? (even saw printed on the sim brochure).

Prepaid companies are at the mercy of their parent carrier's mvno agreements and network limitations so you never know what will come up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast