Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast

Thread: WIND Mobile Tower Map

Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theninjasquad View Post
    I'd be curious to know that as well. I had heard they were looking to improve coverage here so I wonder where this tower went live.
    Try looking here: http://loxcel.com/celltower you can go back 'in time' to see previous months tower location listings. However, I did not see any changes for October when I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Humza View Post
    Same, I live in a zone where I barely get any coverage.

EDIT:

In the previous WIND Map it showed a tower on 50 Governors Road, Dundas, Ontario which was the closest to where I live...(osler drive) but that isn't on the new map. What's going on?!
    Caveat: The tower may have been taken down (to for example replace a wooden pole with metal, smaller with taller, etc.), or sometimes it may not have actually 'existed' at that location. The industry canada database is not the most ... reliable, as it depends on the companies reporting where there towers are, and this information is not always up to date.
    What, you trust what I say? I'm just some random guy/gal on the intertubes.
    I am not a lawyer, nor does anything I say constitute legal advice.
    Learn how to use Google.

Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile, Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    I just checked both Coverage Mapper and Loxcel and that location is still there along with Bell on that building.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knowitalljerk View Post
    Try looking here: http://loxcel.com/celltower you can go back 'in time' to see previous months tower location listings. However, I did not see any changes for October when I checked.

Caveat: The tower may have been taken down (to for example replace a wooden pole with metal, smaller with taller, etc.), or sometimes it may not have actually 'existed' at that location. The industry canada database is not the most ... reliable, as it depends on the companies reporting where there towers are, and this information is not always up to date.
    Ah I see. So the new tower in Hamilton isn't on WIND's Coverage Updates so it isn't up yet probably, right?

Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
    Spectrum Direct (last update was 1 week ago on October 8):

759 towers (up from 755)
    +4 towers

Cities:
    Hamilton ON (+1)
    Whitby ON (+1) (This is spelled "Withby" in the SD database. This is why I don't trust it very much )
    Vancouver BC (+2)

http://www.coveragemapper.com/windmap2.php
    Any plans to make this page more mobile-friendly? Here is the user experience when I launch it on my Android:
    - Ad bar on the left covers about 40% of the screen width
    - I can't pan away from the add or scroll down on the page
    - Top frame takes up about 25% of the screen height but all that can be accessed from it is the Search bar
    - Map sometimes pans, sometimes doesn't. Attempting to zoom by double-tap does nothing and then panning doesn't work anymore.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    Any plans to make this page more mobile-friendly? Here is the user experience when I launch it on my Android:
    - Ad bar on the left covers about 40% of the screen width
    - I can't pan away from the add or scroll down on the page
    - Top frame takes up about 25% of the screen height but all that can be accessed from it is the Search bar
    - Map sometimes pans, sometimes doesn't. Attempting to zoom by double-tap does nothing and then panning doesn't work anymore.
    Not in its present form. The way the towers are displayed requires more resources than mobile devices have, and I'm not very fond of the mobile version of the javascript Google Maps API.

I should have a new version of Coverage Mapper out once I've had time to verify it works well on ICS phones (and make any necessary changes), which will include a much better mobile map. If this goes well, I could look into adding towers there, but it's not a high priority.
    Coverage Mapper - A crowd sourced cellular signal strength mapping application
    Download from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...CoverageMapper.
    http://www.coveragemapper.com

The opinions stated here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Not in its present form. The way the towers are displayed requires more resources than mobile devices have, and I'm not very fond of the mobile version of the javascript Google Maps API.

I should have a new version of Coverage Mapper out once I've had time to verify it works well on ICS phones (and make any necessary changes), which will include a much better mobile map. If this goes well, I could look into adding towers there, but it's not a high priority.
    Okay. The Loxcel maps work fine and so do your carrier map pages such as http://www.coveragemapper.com/map.php?mccmnc=302490 (although I can't seem to access it at this very moment). The page with both WIND towers and coverage tracks, however, is made much less usable mainly by the immovable frames. If the map could be loaded alone without the frames it would be much easier.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    canadiancow, where is the new tower in Hamilton?

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humza View Post
    canadiancow, where is the new tower in Hamilton?
    If you don't notice it, it's probably not relevant to you

HAMILTON (518 MOHAWK ROAD E) ON

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah you're right. It's like 17 KM away from where I live. :c

Feedback Score
    Thanks all who drove in Abbotsford, BC with Coverage Mapper turned on

It seems that 50% of the towers listed by SD are live in Abbotsford, BC.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Spectrum Direct (last update was 2 weeks ago on October 15):

767 towers (up from 759)
    +8 towers

Cities:
    Niagara Falls ON (+1) (5685 FALLS AVE)
    Hamilton ON (+1) (518 MOHAWK ROAD E)
    Toronto ON (+1) (384 MOUNT PLEASANT RD)
    Vancouver BC (+1) (1602 E 41ST AVENUE)
    Calgary AB (+2) (1030-16 AVE, 4501-37TH ST NW)
    Edmonton AB (+2) (53 AVE, 7720 108 ST)

Personally, I'm disappointed there's been nothing new in Ontario. I still can't maintain signal from Milton to KW along the 401.
    Last edited by canadiancow; 10-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Spectrum Direct (last update was 2 weeks ago on October 15):

767 towers (up from 759)
    +8 towers

Cities:
    Niagara Falls ON (+1) (5685 FALLS AVE)
    Toronto ON (+1) (384 MOUNT PLEASANT RD)
    Vancouver BC (+1) (1602 E 41ST AVENUE)
    Calgary AB (+2) (1030-16 AVE, 4501-37TH ST NW)
    Edmonton AB (+2) (53 AVE, 7720 108 ST)

Personally, I'm disappointed there's been nothing new in Ontario. I still can't maintain signal from Milton to KW along the 401.
    Yeah, I noticed my connection dropped out for quite awhile. They need another tower at campbellville and then another one at 6 south (morriston).

Also disappointed that guelph didn't get more towers. They need one near Clair road & gorden.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DireRaven View Post
    Yeah, I noticed my connection dropped out for quite awhile. They need another tower at campbellville and then another one at 6 south (morriston).

Also disappointed that guelph didn't get more towers. They need one near Clair road & gorden.
    Ahh yes! This area definitely needs improvement - once you get south of Arkell on Gordon it drops down significantly. I'm actually in the process of switching over to Wind from Rogers knowing that I will have to deal with the poor coverage at that intersection (where I live) in the meantime - until Wind decides to improve on the area.

Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile, Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    Wheres tower #8?

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorreia View Post
    Wheres tower #8?
    Hamilton, ON - 518 MOHAWK ROAD E

One of these day's I'll automated this whole process

Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast