Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which phone is best for me?

Feedback Score

Which phone is best for me?

I've been using Blackberrys for the last 4 years and I think it's time for a switch over to the Android platform. Blackberry is just falling behind in the user friendly department. So here are my requirements for a phone and hopefully you can tell me what I should buy:

1. multitouch screen
    2. high resolution camera with flash
    3. very friendly user interface (preferably HTC Sense)
    4. Android platform
    5. physical keyboard preferred but not required
    6. quick email receipt
    7. faster processor
    8. all popular applications like Google Maps and such
    9. Ability to do FTP and SSH connectivity
    10. Wi-Fi
    11. compatible with Telus HSPA network

I really like the HTC Hero, my girlfriend has one and it's awesome. The major disappointment for me is the lack of camera flash, that's a deal breaker. Then I looked at the Motorola Milestone but the user interface is nowhere near as friendly as Sense.....only 3 home screens, no Google Maps, ugly casing, no spring loaded keyboard. Then I looked at the HTC Legend but I'm not sure if that's out yet, nor if Telus is going to be carrying it. Then I read on this forum a lot of people not happy with the low processing power, is it really that slow?

I'll be using it mostly for email, web browsing, listening to music and SSH with my home computer. My Blackberry fails in all these departments except email. I like the Nexus One, is that better than the other HTC phones? Is there another ultimate phone out there? Is there another manufacturer fitting all my requirements?

Feedback Score
    Are people ignoring me?

Feedback Score
    What a joke of a forum, if I wanted to talk to myself I could have done it without signing up here. I'll take it to the HTC forums instead.

Feedback Score
    Nexus One is the answer.

I think you initially posted this under Manufacturer discussion and it was move to HTC and thats the reason no one replied to your post.

Feedback Score
    My wife and I are also looking at the Htc Hero.
    Anyone using the Hero on Telus in Canada?
    I have a 3g iphone with Fido which I love but I have to admit I am impressed with Android.
    Thanks

Feedback Score

T-Mobile UK puts HTC Desire Contract Phones on sale

The HTC Desire is a stunning 3G Smartphone which comes with a gigantic 3.7 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen having a display of up to 16M colours with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Its powerful 5 MP camera facilitate the users to click photographs of finest quality. This handset weighs 135 grams and measures 119x60x11.9 mm which is ideal for both carrying and using purposes. On one hand, the handset makes the net surfing lot easier with features like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g , built-in WAP 2.0, xHTML and HTML web browser. Similarly, on the other hand, Bluetooth and USB port allow you to share data and files at a very faster rate. This phone comes with 576 MB of RAM and 512 MB of ROM. The user can add a microSD memory card to expand their handset memory up to a mammoth 32GB. With other features like Android OS v2.1 (Eclair) and Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 processor, HTC Desire is bound to be an ideal buy. Users can look for different HTC Desire contract phone and other deals on http://www.bestcontractmobilephonede...Ph=HTC--Desire . Through this online portal you can avail deals and offers at a much reasonable price. Not only this, users can also various attractive freebies with most of these products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guy_computer
    My wife and I are also looking at the Htc Hero.
    Anyone using the Hero on Telus in Canada?
    I have a 3g iphone with Fido which I love but I have to admit I am impressed with Android.
    Thanks
    I ended up with the Hero, it definitely lives up to its hype and well worthy of the phone of the year award. I'm actually using it to type this post. I am happy with it, I even downloaded K-9 mail which uses P-IMAP so I get my email pushed out to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemar
    I ended up with the Hero, it definitely lives up to its hype and well worthy of the phone of the year award. I'm actually using it to type this post. I am happy with it, I even downloaded K-9 mail which uses P-IMAP so I get my email pushed out to me.
    Well I wouldn't call Sense completely user friendly. But the Hero is old news now with the HTC Evo on the horizon. +++ Lots of spam in this thread.
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    I got a HTC-Hero few days ago, and i have not much experience lag in the home screen. if i run some heavy appliance or try to load a long contact list it gets a bit delay.Even, you can change the home screen to the classic android one.

Feedback Score
    I can suggest you HTC XV6900

Feedback Score
    I can recommended you to choose HTC desire. It has all qualities which you find. I don't think any other phone is better than desire for you. It is smart phone with Google Android OS. The first function we noticed when using the HTC Desire phone was the Time and Weather widget. Another excellent feature is the HTC Desire phone’s synchronising ability.

Feedback Score
    Same here...I have been using Blackberry too...and it's my first smartphone, so i was very used to it. However, because of the data plan and other reason, i need to give up my blackberry and switch to android, and I have chosen HTC, a reliable taiwan brand. Though many ppl like Samsung, esp Galaxy series, I still prefer HTC sense more, it's much more user friendly!!

Feedback Score
    HTC one x series is the best phone. it contains all the application that you needed..........With great features.......

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hey(:
    lol, you posted this topic at the beginning of 2010, so idk if you're still looking for a phone? Haha, i'll name a few that wil suit you.
    The HTC design is the now supported version of Evo 4G. It has alot of whaat you're looking for except for a few things like a physical keyboard, etc.
    I think the HTC hero would be a great choice. Lol, even though you probably bought it hahaa. Happy androidinggg(:
    ℛ@ωґ❣

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,
    I want to buy a mobile phone. I have chosen 3 models. But I don't know which one is better. Would you please help me for choosing the best (with reasons)?
    1. HTC One V
    2. HTC Desire S
    3. Sony Xperia Sola
    Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast