Thread: How to stop monthly automatic payments?

Carrier
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score

Question How to stop monthly automatic payments?

When I set up my phone i signed up for automatic monthly payments. How do I stop this? Can I do it from the website or do I have to call them to cancel it?

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Either one works.

Carrier
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    I just called and the guy disabled it for me. Got 2 emails right away confirming it.

Nice quick service from BM
    Last edited by MobileBoost; 02-22-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    I wish they'd find a way to stop this BS!!

I just bought a 50 dollar card last Thursday and this nonsense ate it down to only 13 bucks left last night. Pissed me off and I boosted again last night so I could cover today's monthly bill. It was at 63.07. I come home and check the account just now and they've nailed it again! I'm down to 57 now!

I called Boost last night and sent emails to this "Pink Frosty" financial vampire SOBS and nothing is getting done. I've seen an older fellow on another site having this same problem with his acount and getting charges from this same company.

I SOOOO WISH THE FCC WOULD STEP IN AND ABOLISH THESE DAMN CHAT, MMS, RINGTONE COMPANIES!! FIXING TO RAMPAGE!

Here's that old guy's complaint I mentioned. You guys better start wtaching your Boost accounts like a hawk because once a damn company like this gets your number they are like pitbulls that won't let go. I'm changing the phone number on this account today in an attempt to stop this. I can assure you if it shows up on the new number there's a CSR who's gonna have a real damn bad day.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno

I just bought a 50 dollar card last Thursday and this nonsense ate it down to only 13 bucks left last night. Pissed me off and I boosted again last night so I could cover today's monthly bill. It was at 63.07. I come home and check the account just now and they've nailed it again! I'm down to 57 now!

I called Boost last night and sent emails to this "Pink Frosty" financial vampire SOBS and nothing is getting done. I've seen an older fellow on another site having this same problem with his acount and getting charges from this same company.

I SOOOO WISH THE FCC WOULD STEP IN AND ABOLISH THESE DAMN CHAT, MMS, RINGTONE COMPANIES!! FIXING TO RAMPAGE!

Here's that old guy's complaint I mentioned. You guys better start wtaching your Boost accounts like a hawk because once a damn company like this gets your number they are like pitbulls that won't let go. I'm changing the phone number on this account today in an attempt to stop this. I can assure you if it shows up on the new number there's a CSR who's gonna have a real damn bad day.

Huh in the what now?

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304
    Huh in the what now?
    All those stupid chats and apps Boost make available on their phones. They're charging accounts who never used or requested them. When I called they just more or less said well it has to be activated from your phone so tough s**t.

I already called about this nonsense last month and got it taken off, now they're pulling the same crap again this month and making it stick this time along with several charges now instead of just the lone one last month.
    Fixing to get a call from the Attorney General in Cali is what's gonna happen. Along with another AG call on the east coast for these guys.
    http://www.pinkfrosty.com/

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, don't know what is wrong with tinypic hosting or who or where that girl waving picture came from, but this is the pic that is supposed to be showing.

And this pic below here's the final charge that brought the initial 50 dollar card down to 13 bucks that I bought last Thursday night/friday morning after their little charging onslaught was over. The top picture is another charge they incurred yesterday towards the new 50 dollar card I had to buy Sunday night to top off again for today's new billing cycle.

Boost would do themselves a real service by dumping nonsense like this on their phones unless they think it's worth pissing off and losing customers over.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno
    Sorry, don't know what is wrong with tinypic hosting or who or where that girl waving picture came from, but this is the pic that is supposed to be showing.

And this pic below here's the final charge that brought the initial 50 dollar card down to 13 bucks that I bought last Thursday night/friday morning after their little charging onslaught was over. The top picture is another charge they incurred yesterday towards the new 50 dollar card I had to buy Sunday night to top off again for today's new billing cycle.

Boost would do themselves a real service by dumping nonsense like this on their phones unless they think it's worth pissing off and losing customers over.
    LOL NOW I get it! I was trying to figure out what the waving girl meant for like 5 minutes.

Feedback Score

take action against pinkfrosty

Quote Originally Posted by ceno View Post

Okay, I know EXACTLY how you feel! For the past 2 months now I have been going through all kinds of crap trying to get rid of this app from appearing on my monthly account. I did everything that Boost told me including texting "stop" to the correct number. I have spent no less than 1 hour on the phone with these people at Boost and spent way too much of my time sending emails. First let me start by stating that that Boost email support is LOUSY!!!!!!! They can't do ANYTHING to help with this problem so don't waste any time trying to get anywhere with their email support people. Call them up on the phone, they are much much better to deal with.
    Next, make sure you are on the donotcall.gov site. Even better to call them from your handset directly 1 eight-eight-eight 382 one-two-two-two.
    If you are still receiving text messages after 31 days, THEN you can take action with the FCC.
    Contact the FCC and make sure to include all information about what's going on, when you contacted customer support, who you talked to etc.
    The FCC will send you a .pdf file in a few days with information that you can use to file a formal complaint against PinkFrosty. Also note that the more people that complain about this PinkFrosty company can eventually qualify for a class action lawsuit against the idiots! I'd love nothing more than to bring them down! It's especially important to let them know if you have a minor child that has access to this phone.
    When you get your info from the FCC then you can sent a written letter to PinkFrosty to inform them that you will be filing a complaint. Make sure that it's registered!
    Their physical address is:
    Pink Frosty
    1000 Bristol Street, N Suite 17-322
    Newport Beach, CA 92660
    I am giving Boost 2 additional days (customer service rep asked for that to ensure that my name has finally been removed from their list) and THEN the gloves are off. Oh, I also sent an email to PinkFrosty letting them know I was getting ready to take action against them since I have a minor child that has access to my cellphone.
    Good luck!!!!