Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Network Restriction Check.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    My 932SH was redrom'd and sure enough- there were red bars when I plugged in a SoftBank USIM.

Bought a 940SH and checked it. Shows up as a triangle even though it worked perfectly with a SoftBank USIM in Japan. Probably b/c I'm using a hypersim with it and it doesn't know what the heck is happening. It'll hopefully still work fine in Japan with a SB USIM~~~
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Sharp SH0902C
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    Hi all, been a while since I've been here! It's been a bit quiet on the 'keitais outside Japan' front so I haven't been compelled to come often...

But anyway, as nobody has worked out what SoftBank's triangle (△) display means in their network checker, I'm posting here.

The triangle typically displays for handsets that still have money owing on them, meaning they were purchased on contract without paying the full price upfront (ie paying up to 2000 yen/month for the handset alone), and the owner who purchased it hasn't finished repaying the handset's cost over the full two years of the contract yet.

The triangle description text says "There is the possibility this handset may be locked in future." This is written because if the handset owner disappears from SoftBank's network without paying out their handset contract, SoftBank will Red-ROM the phone as a consequence.

I've worked all this out from looking for SoftBank handsets at Yahoo Auctions. A lot of the newer handsets (940SH etc) being sold there are marked in the network checker as a triangle because their owners are selling them early after upgrading to an iPhone or such (and they offer guarantees of refunds if the phones get locked because they're still responsible for paying out the phone contract amounts).

So yeah, if there's a triangle on the phone you bought/own, you'll want to hope the previous owner keeps up their phone repayments, or it may get Red-ROMed at some point in the future (although if you never intend to use the phone on SoftBank's network then it's a moot point).
    AL
    Mobile: Sharp SH0902C

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Oh, I see! Hopefully my 940SH's previous owner pays for the remaining duration of the contract...

Is this the only way for a keitai to get Red-ROMed?

Device(s)
    Sharp SH0902C
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    The only way he won't pay is if he disappears from the face of the earth (as far as SoftBank is concerned). It's automatically billed on his monthly plan whether he likes it or not. If he cancels his SoftBank account he'll have to pay it all out on the spot.

So yeah, highly unlikely that it will be Red-ROMed.

Only other way for phones to be Red-ROMed is if they're stolen, can't think of anything else...

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Ah, good. I guess the [email protected] Sin Tat are just disappearing from Japan then- effectively stealing the phone? Seeing as how many of the keitais I bought from there are red-ROMed...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My softbank 740sc has got a red triangle. I purchased the phone in early March on ebay. All these months it had worked wonderfully with a T-mobile SIM card. While it could still receive incoming call and dial out this morning, by the afternoon the signal bar turned into the red "OUT" Does this mean it is red-ROMed and I will never be able to use it? Is there a remedy to the situation?

Device(s)
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    is it SW Unlocked?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Please forgive my ignorance, I am not sure if my phone is SW unlocked or not.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I looked up the ebay page where I purchased the phone. The seller stated that the phone was soft-unlocked and there was no need for a hyper-SIM. So how come it cannot receive any signal?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    phone and location?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    softbank 740sc
    USA

Is this enough?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    turn off 3g and put on gsm

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did turn off 3G and set it to GSM. However, the problem persists. What can I do next?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do you guys think I should get a hypersim to bypass the problem, or take the softbank 740sc to a cell phone store and try to unlock it there? Or both ideas won't work at all?? I apologize for troubling you all with my tiresome questions, but I really like this phone and is unwilling to not use it...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    if you can insert a sim and get into the phone without a hypersim then its unlocked, something else might be wrong, have you tried manually searching for signal? The area you are in has good signal? I am not sure, but by any chance does the 740sc have any selection for band selection? 1800/900 and 1900 gsm? I know a few toshibas did that, but not sure if any samsungs did.

Have you tried to contact the seller you bought it from for an exchange? Are you using ATT or tmoible on it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast