Thread: Blackberry 8520 config

Feedback Score

Blackberry 8520 config

If I was to purchase a 8520 (unbranded) other than from fido, will I have issues with configuring the cell ? I don't want to renew or extend my contract so I prefer to purshase one flat out.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    You need to get all Fido settings to program your BB device...Most of the settings are inside the FAQ's in this forum...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Will I have problems with the unit or do I just buy a 8520 from fido?
    One more thing. I have heard the 8520 comes with a gps and others say it doesn't come with one? Confused>?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't have GPS.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    My friend purchased a T-Mobile 8520. Once he had the data plan setup, all the settings downloaded on to his BB including the "My Account" icon. Me on the other hand have a 8900 from T-Mobile. All the settings except the "my account" icon were there.

Not a big deal, but i do really wish i can find out how many minutes i used on the road
    Current Plan
    $50 - T-Bay Unlimited Nationwide Minutes
    6GB
    Call Display/VM/Text