Thread: Sending Fido Web Text Messaging & Email Text thru Web .

Feedback Score

Question Sending Fido Web Text Messaging & Email Text thru Web .

http://websms.fido.page.ca/2way/?lang=en

If I send a web text message from the above site or an email text message using [10-digit phone number of recepient ]@fido.ca from my email , does the person/recipient get charged for the incoming text message or email received from me when I send it from the web or is it FREE to receive them .

Note : I am sending both of the above thru the web and not thru my handset so I don't know if they are treated differently than normal text/email sent thru your handset to others .

I am assuming the web text message sent by me must be free to receive , not sure if the email sent by me will be free to receive or not for the recepient .

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    it is free to receive Text messages for Fido Clients if sent from fido.ca or rogers.com. However if its sent as an email number@fido.ca & or numbers@pcs.rogers.com the receiver gets a text message which they get charged for & the message still doesn't come up you have to reply to the message with the word yes to it & then you get it.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    it is free to receive Text messages for Fido Clients if sent from fido.ca or rogers.com.

However if its sent as an email number@fido.ca & or numbers@pcs.rogers.com the receiver gets a text message which they get charged for & the message still doesn't come up you have to reply to the message with the word yes to it & then you get it.
    Is the text message charge which the receiver gets ( when sent as email ) just a normal low charge of say 15 cents to 25 cents or do they get charged some premium charge which is much higher ?