Thread: Using nokia s60 as a bluetooth headset

Feedback Score

Arrow Using nokia s60 as a bluetooth headset

Hi dear friends,

I just had a lil rare question to be asked.

I have recently got my first job and i am placed in a cubical along with my colleagues. I want to use my net to phone to call my girlfriend in another country. But i do not want to be seen sitting here with my headphone like i am in a call center. By boss always walks by.

So i was just wondering if i could use my mobile (NOKIA N86 8MP) as a headset.

I mean it ill look to all, as if i am on the cellphone on a call. I know we can connect the bluetooth headset but can we connect the phone itself.

So is there a way to use my n86 as a headphone , so that i can use skype service .

Thanking you all very much for you help.

Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Shawn Fernandes

Phones
    Sony Xperia U
    Xperia U, Astound, E90
    E61/i, E63, N96, N97 Mini
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    OMG your overcomplicating things.... Just use skype for your phone....

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-symbian-s60fp2

Carrier
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naypalm[]maker
    OMG your overcomplicating things.... Just use skype for your phone....

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-symbian-s60fp2
    my words exactly. Haha

Feedback Score
    K my dear friends.... its not as easy as you think,

I have thought of skype in my s60... Not living under a pebble you know...lol

Anyway the thing is i am residing currently in uae....

i cannot make voip calls to mobiles from here as they have blocked all the voip sites including skype although u can use it if u have downloaded it from another country or a non skype website . But even then they only permit skype to skype and not mobiles.

Hence am using a VPN client to connect to another IP and than use my Skype . If u can suggest me a vpn client for my s60 N86 it ill be great but i am quite sure there is only one called symvpn and it is expensive.

So anyways thanks for ur quick responses and please help me in getting a way through this.....

Phones
    HP Pre 3, Nokia E7
    Nokia N9, Nokia 808 Pureview
    Carriers
    ATT Wireless
    Smart Philippines
    Feedback Score
    You can use mobiola headset for s60 (I do) which lets you turn your phone into a bluetooth headset. It is hard to find but works as you want it to do. It creates a special bluetooth driver that you can use so your phone is basically a headset for your pc over bluetooth.

Carrier
    AT&T (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Wait, so it's not okay for you to wear a headset, but it is okay to be holding a cell phone to your ear?

Feedback Score
    @ kingstu . . . thank you very much for the info. ill definetly try to find it

@ decay: well its okay to hold a phone as he may think i am on a company call or a quick short call or something...(common sense)