Thread: How to get JAVA jar games on your Net10 T401G

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score

How to get JAVA jar games on your Net10 T401G

I have been trying to get some of my .jar games onto my T401G, but all bluetooth and USB cable tranfers had failed, and going anywhere besides the net10 / trac portal gets the "403 forbidden" error. There might be a better way, but I finally did it. Here is what I did -

1. On your PC, login to gmail, and attach your favorite 172x220 .jar file to an email and send it back to your own gmail account.
    2. Now on the T401G go to browser, email and networking, gmail. while there you might add this to your favorites, to save a couple of page loads.
    3. Login to your gmail account.
    4. I wasn't able to download the attachment while on the mobile site, so go to the bottom of the gmail site and change to "basic HTML".
    5. The page will be all mangled up but navigate the best you can to your message, click the message with the attachment.
    6. From there you should be able to download the attachment, and run it. It will from then on show up in your games.

This takes about 4-6 minutes for me, and I have tested it with 3 games.

This might be a way to install the Opera browser, I will have to test this.

This might also work for other NET10 / tracfones, maybe the R451c ? I'm not sure about others, but this does work for the NET10 T401G.

If there is an easier way please let me know!

Phones
    HTC Dopod C730
    Pinapple PinPhone 3GS
    Nokia 6015i
    Carriers
    China Unicom
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did it work for Opera Mini?

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TProphet
    Did it work for Opera Mini?
    I tried it with Opera Mini generic advanced MIDP2, and it installed. But I got a can't access internet message or message similar to that.

I should have started with the generic basic MIDP1. I might try that this weekend or if someone has a suggestion as to which version to use on the T401G?

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You might want to try this.

Samsung XXXX Java Uploader v1.1

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcweb
    1. On your PC, login to gmail, and attach your favorite 172x220 .jar file to an email and send it back to your own gmail account.
    that should be 176x220 - and please don't ask me where to get them.

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    You might want to try this.

Samsung XXXX Java Uploader v1.1
    What does this program do? I'm not too sure about using it. Its shows it contains malware at a 37% rate on virustotal. VIRUSTOTAL SCAN

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded opera mini from http://www.opera.com/mini/download/g.../basic_midp_1/ but it couldn't connect to the internet either.=/

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What does this program do? I'm not too sure about using it. Its shows it contains malware at a 37% rate on virustotal. VIRUSTOTAL SCAN

I'm sorry I've never tried it myself since I know I can't put games on my R810 but I just had happened to see it when your post went up.... and I wouldn't use it if it contains ANY malware. I ended up with a virus a couple of weeks back from malware that piggybacked in on a video that my son downloaded while he was visiting without scanning it first, what a nightmare! I had to re-install my whole OS and I was lucky... most people who get this virus aren't even able to do that...

Anyhoo.. lol Sorry the link was a bust.

Phone
    Samsung t401g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Big thanks, this actually worked! I've tried many different ways to install some jar's on this net10 t401g and this has been the only way I've found to do it. Thanks again

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    No luck with Opera Mini, if someone has it working please tell how.

Quote Originally Posted by path0s
    Big thanks, this actually worked! I've tried many different ways to install some jar's on this net10 t401g and this has been the only way I've found to do it. Thanks again
    All the games I have tried have installed, but only a handfull, actually run correctly. Some kick out with a Java error or such. Could you post what phone or OS the games that are working were originally made for.

Phone
    Samsung t401g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    No luck with Opera Mini, if someone has it working please tell how.

All the games I have tried have installed, but only a handfull, actually run correctly. Some kick out with a Java error or such. Could you post what phone or OS the games that are working were originally made for.
    Oh, I just manually downloaded some stuff onto my PC from umnet.. Then emailed the .jars from the PC to the gmail acct and etc like described up top in this thread.. umnet has some tags/categories for the t401g.. Check here:
    http://www.umnet.com/phone/2726-Samsung_T401G

A good tip is to attach all the stuff you want to install in the same email. That way you dont have to go browsing through seperate emails with the fone chewing up minutes.

Wonder how long till net10/trac closes the gmail workaround too

The 403 forbidden messages and stuff you can't access isn't a problem of the browser software in the phone. It's likely because there's a proxy server being used that blocks access to those urls. If we could find a hidden menu to access the proxy settings on the t401g, we'd be all good to go. I suppose it could be the result of there being a url filter on the "line" the fone connects to for net access, but a proxy is much more likely.

Also whoever started the rumor about browsing for free with opera wasn't very smart. Of course connecting to anything at all with the fone is gonna charge minutes heh.. Maybe it bypasses the proxy and lets you browse unrestricted though.

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If anyone knows how to get Opera to connect to the net please send me a message. Much appreciated. I have the Net10 Unlimited so i'm not charged minutes for web usage.

Carrier
    Net-10
    Feedback Score
    Whenever I attempt to scan and download I get the message "Not Supported Content." I followed everything listed, yet I can't get any of the files.