Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know ANYTHING about any new sidekicks/ the prepaid sidekick plan's future

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does anyone know ANYTHING about any new sidekicks/ the prepaid sidekick plan's future

Ok, first of all, has anyone heard ANYTHING of ANY new sidekicks coming out? Awhile ago in the t-mobile prepaid forum, there was talk of eliminating sidekicks all together and having the option to use a NEW android phone? ( a new google android phone that hasnt come out yet, that will be available, and/or if they eliminate sidekicks, or plainly add the google android phones anyway???...) Anyway, I've been really waiting for a new sidekick, for a long time too, and I'm going to be waiting till christmas 2010 to buy one, because full retail priced NEW sidekicks (aka, sidekick LX 2009) are pretty expensive. Does anyone have any information on this matter at all? People are saying their guesses were as good as anyone's in the t-mo prepaid forum.... awhile back , so I was at a lost. I had my hopes up for project dark, but that was just PAY-Go... ugh. I REALLY , REEEAALLY hope that they KEEP making newer sidekick models, and continue the prepaid sidekick plan, I just don't know what's going on at Danger right now ....and t-mo to go for that matter ....except for that they may have payment options for internet usage per kb of usage...
    I'll get there, in due time.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wish I could help, but sorry don't have any idea...

Feedback Score

Sidekick LX 2008

I have a Sidekick LX 2008 for sale - It looks as good as new, had screen protectors on it since day 1. Charger, etc, I think I may even have the box.

I love the Sidekick and used them since the 1st day it was launched in Oct 2002. I had the Original Sidekick, Sidekick Color, Sidekick 2, Sidekick 3, Sidekick Slide, and Sidekick LX 2008.

I have all but the Slide to offer

pm me if you're interested.

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    I think thats it for sidekicks... i stopped after the slide came out and went iphone/android go to poweredbydanger.com(dangers forums) theres a lot of talk on the end of sidekicks.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, for your input. I pretty much just read up everything on project pink, and the phones they're coming out with do not look like they're going to do the sidekicks any justice. There's one that's like a mini palm-pre, and then there's a simple slider concept.....ugh, this is why I wanted new sidekicks in the first place... NO replacements...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clublander32
    Thanks guys, for your input. I pretty much just read up everything on project pink, and the phones they're coming out with do not look like they're going to do the sidekicks any justice. There's one that's like a mini palm-pre, and then there's a simple slider concept.....ugh, this is why I wanted new sidekicks in the first place... NO replacements...
    FWIW Sidekick is just a name that T-Mobile can slap on any phone. Technically they could throw it on one of their Android devices (which seems very likely with the MyTouch Slide).

The Project Pink phones were supposed to be the follow up from Microsoft which includes less than half the Danger staff (since they laid most of them off). Not sure what they turned into since other than the truly ugly designs, no one knows much more right now.

The only thing people know now is that that are technically going to be 4 devices (2 GSM, 2 CDMA) but no news on carriers.
    When our 5 powers combine, we summon Earth's greatest champion: Captain Planet.
    Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick LX 09 (Carbon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA/Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I really don't think Danger/Micorsoft are done with the Sidekicks yet. I don't have any new news on any new devices but I still enjoy my LX 09 and hope there will be a successor to it in the future. With the big data outage from last fall, I think T-Mobile and Microsoft have leanred a few valuable lessons. How they're both going to implement those is just one of the first questions.
    rHG3|

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    look at the project pink phones when they upload a picture to facebook it says "uploaded via danger"....i think sidekicks are done... t-mobile just got rid or the 2008 gecko and 2009 orchid lx... only the carbon is left

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can get a Sidekick LX 2009 for cheap used.. they really aren't worth more than $200
    Bye!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, Archan, I agree with you. I very much hope that they will continue the line and make a sucessor to the lx 09. (TOUCH!!!) A touch screen is the only feature that hasn't been on a sidekick, why wouldn't they implement it now? I would buy that product in a heart beat (or when I have a sufficient amount of money). Just like they built off of every sidekick before (example: sidekick 08 (the smaller sidekick that came out in 2008), sidekick lx 08, sidekick lx 09) I think that they should be able to do a touch screen, and then go from they're, and expand on it. Though none of that is my call, nothing is, it's all up to microsoft/danger.

Thoughts, anyone????

Feedback Score

Its looking like theyll be available on Verizon here in the states and Vodafone in the UK. Originally there was talk about unveiling the Pink phones (Turtle and Pure) at CeBIT but now its looking like Microsoft is going to throw their own events to herald the arrival of the Pink phones and theyre willing to shell out big bucks to make sure its something significant
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    harris
    ---------

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Sidekick is pretty much dead now. Rogers took over Fido and stopped their service. Microsoft took over Danger and pretty much slowed down any research and production going into Danger products. I really hope they bring it back and Canada gets their service again.
    Follow me on:

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Danger and Microsoft are really focused towards Project Pink and alot of the resources are going to that project so really the Sidekick is dead unless after microsoft's lil project that danger will put focus into new sidekicks but right now uncertain.

IMO i doubt Rogers will return the sidekick service, try contacting @RogersMary or @RogersKeith on twitter.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    i think hiptop/sidekick (as you know it) is done, back in the early 2000's when the sidekick 2 was out everyone had one, it was the phone to have but after that it has been a downward spiral, everyone from there went to Blackberry, then everyone went to iphone, now a little android mixed in and still some people hanging on to BB but the "phone to have" is the iphone (note i dont have an iphone, never have had an iphone and would never own an iphone) The sidekick lost its cool factor a while back and the refreshes became minor, it fell from there. Now with microsoft buying danger (the story is for the people, patents and a few other things to create Win7 phone OS it seems like danger is dead my guess is the project pink phones were test designs for a pre7 but Pink will never be released and the hiptop/sidekick is DEAD. Now as someone else already pointed out t-mo owns the sidekick name and can and probably eventually will slap it on whatever they want maybe android, maybe win7 phone, maybe something else!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    the project PINK announcement is 4-12-2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast