Thread: Not able to receive text messages - help!

Feedback Score

Not able to receive text messages - help!

I am able to place and receive phone calls, send texts but not receive them. I have unlimited talk and text on a samsung omnia i910. Is this a page plus problem or phone problem? Any suggestions on how to address? Any help is appreciated.

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    is this a problem that just occurred, has it been this way for a while, did you just switch to the unlimited plan.. more details will net a better answer

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Every carrier, even Verizon, can suffer from a temporary delay in SMS services. Some delays can last a few hours to a few days. If it's a carrier issue, I'm sure others will chime in soon.
    You should also check your phone settings to see if there are any restrictions placed on incoming text messages. This applies particularly to used handsets.

Feedback Score
    I just activated yesterday, and was receiving texts. When I switched to the unlimited plan I have been unable to receive texts. Is page plus that screwy where that would be the problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shagvan
    I just activated yesterday, and was receiving texts. When I switched to the unlimited plan I have been unable to receive texts. Is page plus that screwy where that would be the problem?
    Did you have the battery pulled/phone off when switching plans? That has seemed to cause problems with others if not... Try reprovisioning(OTA) phone again and see what happens. Also do you have data MMS working after the switch?