Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint PST Settings with Boost Provisioning

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Sprint PST Settings with Boost Provisioning

First let me state, if anyone happens to know of an existing thread, or existing posts related to this information, please let either myself, or martin know so we can get this information merged.

Anyway, these are the PST settings from a Sprint HTC Mogul, after provisioning on Boost Mobile. These are the settings required if you have a Sprint phone with a Sprint ESN that has been either flashed to Cricket, or Metro, or maybe that has lost it's settings.

I myself, and a few others I have spoke with are not sure if these are Sprint/Boost specific settings, or if they are only settings set to a Mogul. If anyone knows, or can check their PST settings on their phone to verify if they match, or not, please feel free to update this thread. Please, do not post GUESSES, this is an informational post and we want to try and keep things as accurate as possible to help those who are bringing Sprint phones back to Sprint, to use on Boost, or repair.

- - - - - - -

NAM Name: SPCS
    SCM: 42
    Software Version: 3.56.651.0 -varies
    Firmware Version: 3.42.02 -varies
    Hardware Version: 0003
    PRI Version: 2.04_003 -varies
    PRI Checksum: 449def22 -varies

(NAM Settings)
    MDN: <10 digit phone number>
    MIN1: <last 7 of MSID>
    MIN2: <first 3 of MSID>
    MSID: <10 digit MSID>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 00
    NMSI: 00<MSID>
    IMSI: 31000<MSID>
    True MIN1: <last 7 of MSID>
    True MIN2: <first 3 of MSID>
    True IMSI_S: <MSID>
    True MCC: 000
    True MNC: 00
    True NMSI: 00<MSID>
    True IMSI: 00000<MSID>
    ACCOLC: 4

(CDMA Settings)
    A-Sys Primary: 283
    B-Sys Primary: 384
    A-Sys Secondary: 691
    B-Sys Secondary: 777
    MOB_TERM_FOR_HOME: Enable
    MOB_TERM_FOR_SID: Enable
    MOB_TERM_FOR_NID: Enable
    EVRC Enabled: Enable
    Home Page: EVRC
    Home Orig: EVRC
    Roam Orig: Voice 13K

(Home SID/Home NID)
    All settings are 0 / 0

(Modem Settings)
    Slot Cycle Index: 2
    Preferred Serving System: Sprint Only
    Preferred Mode: Automatic
    HDR Hybrid Preferred: Enable
    Clear all MRU entry: No

(Data Parameters)
    Packet Dial String: #777
    Rev.A: Enable -varies (Model Specific)

(M.IP Settings)
    Number of Profiles: 2
    Active User Profile Index: 1
    MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Only
    MIP Registration Retries: 1
    MIP Registration Retry Timeout: 2000 ms
    MIP Pre-Registration Timeout: 30
    Mobile Node-HA Authentication: Disable
    Send a Registration Request Only: Enable
    Dormant Handoff Optimization: Disable

(MID Default Profile)
    Enable Profile: Enable
    NAI: <HEX ESN>@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    MN HA SPI Set: Enable
    MN HA SPI Value(Hex): 4D2
    MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
    MN AAA SPI Value(Hex): 4D2
    Reverse Tunneling Preference: Enable
    Home Address: 0.0.0.0
    Primary HA Address: 68.28.15.12
    Secondary HA Address: 68.28.31.12
    DMU Public Key: 0

(M.IP Customer Profile 1)
    NAI: <first/lastname>@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com -varies (Boost Account)
    Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
    Secondary HA Address: 68.28.89.76

Phones
    Motorola Atrix 2
    Motorola Atrix 2
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Feedback Score

Man U love gettin Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip
    First let me state, if anyone happens to know of an existing thread, or existing posts related to this information, please let either myself, or martin know so we can get this information merged.

Anyway, these are the PST settings from a Sprint HTC Mogul, after provisioning on Boost Mobile. These are the settings required if you have a Sprint phone with a Sprint ESN that has been either flashed to Cricket, or Metro, or maybe that has lost it's settings.

I myself, and a few others I have spoke with are not sure if these are Sprint/Boost specific settings, or if they are only settings set to a Mogul. If anyone knows, or can check their PST settings on their phone to verify if they match, or not, please feel free to update this thread. Please, do not post GUESSES, this is an informational post and we want to try and keep things as accurate as possible to help those who are bringing Sprint phones back to Sprint, to use on Boost, or repair.

- - - - - - -

SCM: 42
    Software Version: 3.56.651.0 -varies
    Firmware Version: 3.42.02 -varies
    Hardware Version: 0003
    PRI Version: 2.04_003 -varies
    PRI Checksum: 449def22 -varies

(NAM Settings)
    MDN: <10 digit phone number>
    MIN1: <last 7 of MSID>
    MIN2: <first 3 of MSID>
    MSID: <10 digit MSID>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 00
    NMSI: 00<MSID>
    IMSI: 31000<MSID>
    True MIN1: <last 7 of MSID>
    True MIN2: <first 3 of MSID>
    True IMSI_S: <MSID>
    True MCC: 000
    True MNC: 00
    True NMSI: 00<MSID>
    True IMSI: 00000<MSID>
    ACCOLC: 4

(CDMA Settings)
    A-Sys Primary: 283
    B-Sys Primary: 384
    A-Sys Secondary: 691
    B-Sys Secondary: 777
    MOB_TERM_FOR_HOME: Enable
    MOB_TERM_FOR_SID: Enable
    MOB_TERM_FOR_NID: Enable
    EVRC Enabled: Enable
    Home Page: EVRC
    Home Orig: EVRC
    Roam Orig: Voice 13K

(Home SID/Home NID)
    All settings are 0 / 0

(Modem Settings)
    Slot Cycle Index: 2
    Preferred Serving System: Sprint Only
    Preferred Mode: Automatic
    HDR Hybrid Preferred: Enable
    Clear all MRU entry: No

(Data Parameters)
    Packet Dial String: #777
    Rev.A: Enable -varies (Model Specific)

(M.IP Settings)
    Number of Profiles: 2
    Active User Profile Index: 1
    MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Only
    MIP Registration Retries: 1
    MIP Registration Retry Timeout: 2000 ms
    MIP Pre-Registration Timeout: 30
    Mobile Node-HA Authentication: Disable
    Send a Registration Request Only: Enable
    Dormant Handoff Optimization: Disable

(MID Default Profile)
    NAI: <HEX ESN>@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Primary HA Address: 68.28.15.12
    Secondary HA Address: 68.28.31.12

(M.IP Customer Profile 1)
    NAI: <first/lastname>@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com -varies (Boost Account)
    Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
    Secondary HA Address: 68.28.89.76
    For sure, this is another great post for this section of HoFo, know I could have used this one back when I was attempting to provision for sprint from pageplus on a BB curve...

One thing I wanted to note is that, if the CS rep created your account without asking for any name to add to the account, your Profile 1 NAI may differ, it may be something like: ivractivated**@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com (the numbers can be different), again bravo to the post...

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the compliment. I'd like to note that the NAI should be set when the phone provisions, so even if you set it to something random, during provisioning it should update on its own.

Feedback Score
    I am a nooby on sprint. how do you view/edit these nam, cdma settings on the mogul?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ##PST# You'll need your MSL though.

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Couple things of notice after reading this thread. Hopefully add a little more information for those reading it and going in and making changes.

For the most part everything above '(M.IP Settings)' should be untouched. Unless you go poking around haphazardly these are either a) hardcoded and unchangeable or b) provisioned by the core 1x CDMA system and not related to EVDO service. (Modem Settings) would be the only exception but should be what deathtrip has posted if you have changed it for any reason. There should be no reason to modify these.

With the first M.IP Profile it should be clarified by 'Hex ESN' it is your MEID (at least on my Q9c this is an A followed by a few zeroes and then a 7 digit hex number, may be different for other devices). The rest is stock sprint stuff and should be left alone.

With the second M.IP Profile it is about the same. The username depends on your account but most of the time it is 'firstnamelastname@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com'. The Primary and Secondary Home Agent addresses are variable though. In fact some devices do not handle 255.255.255.255 very well. Those that do are technically supposed to choose an address of the closest geographical home agent to you. This is uncertain but is claimed on a number of sites. Sprint has a number of home agents spread across the country that can be used here. Generally you would choose one geographically close to you since your data is tunneled to that location before hitting the wide open internet. Most here become provisioned to Kansas City, MO. A good list of known HA addresses you can be used are listed here: http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html

For both M.IP profiles your 'HA Secret' is simply 'secret' in lower case. This is the case for everyone. Your 'AAA Secret' varies as this is your actual data password and is different from everyone. Even though this stuff is provisioned OTA my advice to anyone poking around is to WRITE IT DOWN. If you lose it, you are boned unless you trigger the Vision/Power Vision update in your device.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Just so you're aware, when you flash a device to a carrier like Cricket, you edit the MIP profiles and that is why the MIP profile has been deleted or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vchat20
    For the most part everything above '(M.IP Settings)' should be untouched. Unless you go poking around haphazardly these are either a) hardcoded and unchangeable or b) provisioned by the core 1x CDMA system and not related to EVDO service. (Modem Settings) would be the only exception but should be what deathtrip has posted if you have changed it for any reason. There should be no reason to modify these.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. I guess I should have clarified that. I think it is pretty much assumed that before you go messing with getting an unsupported phone on Boost to flash it back to a Sprint rom/firmware or at least have a clue what you are getting into if you don't. As it is you need an actual Sprint phone in terms of ESNs to even think about getting on Boost's CDMA service.

Edit: Let me reclarify what you quoted Isriam: By 'There should be no reason to modify these.' I mean what I said in that para.: Everything above the M.IP profiles have no reason to be modified. Actually even the Modem Settings section has no use either since that refers to PAM usage which is blocked for us on Boost. The only thing out of there that actually has any use being changed is if you are picky about voice quality and that is changing your voice codec from EVRC to 13k. The M.IP profiles on the other hand I am not including in that warning. But obviously if you have no idea what you are doing and are poking around, document everything! ESPECIALLY with these M.IP profiles as they deal directly with your data, moreso than anything else in the 1st post.
    Last edited by Vchat20; 03-30-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Using both RSD General and QPST I noticed that on my Q9c I have two NAI, one regular and one 'tethered NAI' which shows it as @modem.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com. This would explain why when you try to use the built in ICS that it says registration failure; it tries to connect as the 'modem' name which won't register on Boost's network.

I've attempted to edit the tethered NAI to show the same as the regular NAI without success; while using RSD General the phone freezes up upon reading, and while using QPST it will write back, but when it reboots the phone after the write back, the setting goes back to 'modem.' I'm still reading through similar issues that others have had with programming the Droid (another Motorola device) to see what's going on, but people are treating it like a nuclear secret how to get these setting changes to stick. So if anyone is willing to share, please go right on ahead

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The problem is that, at least with Motorola, is they guard their dealer only software (which QPST and RSD * fall under) with their life. Or lawyers in this case. They don't fool around and often track down people when there's even a slim sign of a copy of their software being on the loose.

As far as the actual data change that is really all that is needed. In your second M.IP/Mobile IP profile which should have your firstnamelastname@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com address as the primary NAI, just copy that to the tethered NAI slot and do a soft reset of the phone. This should in fact work for all Windows Mobile phones and any CDMA phones that have some form of internet sharing system built in.

Why though QPST and RSD are giving you problems I don't know. Though RSD is giving me problems lately myself. Haven't tried QPST yet though.

Phone
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I've tried it all with the q9c. RSD General crashes freezes after it reads in my Q9C. CDMA Workshop (the older version) doesn't read EVDO and I don't have the new version. QPST actually reads the device just fine, and I edit the Tethered NAI to match my regular NAI, but when I write it to the device it reboots (soft reset) automatically and the change disappears. I use EFS Explorer in QPST and the NVM folder is locked, which is the only other way I've seen people mention to make the NAI change and have it stick. I try QXDM which seems to work but it reads all the fields in HEX and I can't tell which field is the Tethered NAI.

I haven't given up yet but I'll give Moto and Sprint credit that they've made it difficult.

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. I've run into the same issue here as well. Particular RSD General (which is the easiest to use imho. It 'Just Works™' without need to use a virtual serial port and such. Worked before. Could get in, read the phone, change settings, write, and get out. Now I can't even get it to read the phone. Hit read and it sits with the hourglass for a good 5-10 minutes and comes back with the settings filled out but a message stating 'Provisioning Failed' and I can't touch what is there. Locks me out.

I noticed as well that for whatever reason the phone info is reading my PRL version as '00000/'.

Honestly no idea what's up.

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nvm. Figured it out. More of a noob mistake. The only version that seems to work at least with the Q and Q9c/Q9m models is RSD General 5.2.9. That one works flawlessly.

I have another laptop that I had RSD loaded on and originally did the modifications on my phone. It had to go into the shop though for motherboard repairs and I had to load RSD up on my desktop. Tried lower versions by mistake and that is where it failed. Loaded up 5.2.9 and it's working again.

Phone
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up vchat20. I have RSD 518 so I'll look for 529 and give it a shot. Really appreciate it!

EDIT With 529 I can now read and technically write Mobile IP on a q9c, but RSD reports 'MIP Username is not supported on connected phone'. and then reverts back to the old tethered NAI. You win this round Motorola. I will get you eventually
    Last edited by pitflyer; 04-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Phone
    Sprint BB 8330m
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can someone plz post the settings of a sprint Blackberry 8330 working on Boost or confirm that these setting will work for one, thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast