Thread: No E911 address on prepaid accounts

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

No E911 address on prepaid accounts

I have a T-Mobile @Home Linksys router which I use with my postpaid account, and there's a notice on the front of the router box which states you need to call customer care to set your E911 address. I did that for all three of my lines.

I decided I wanted to have it set for my prepaid account as well since I make calls over UMA/WiFi with it using my old BB 8320. I chatted online with prepaid customer care first and they updated my billing address instead of setting the E911 address. I then chatted with another deptartment who told me to call @Home customer care.

@Home customer care transferred me to prepaid. I told the lady I wanted to set my E911 address. She said "Okay, I understand you want to change your address. E911.... What is the rest of the address?" so I told her again that I wanted to set my E911 address, and that it wasn't the actual address. She replied, "Okay, so is E911 located in Hawaii as well?"

As a last resort I used my postpaid 'credentials' to talk to customer care. The guy tried to transfer me off to prepaid but after I explained my difficulties, he tried to do it himself. In the end, he said there's a tab in their prepaid system for an E911 address but it won't let him save it. Apparently UMA isn't supported for prepaid so that tab is grayed out or something.

I hope they officially support UMA on prepaid one day. Doesn't make sense to remove the E911 address location. I guess I'm better off staying on the cell network rather than UMA. T-Mobile prepaid customer care is outsourced to who knows where, but I can't really blame that since I'm sure they don't get many calls about trying to set an E911 address. I only knew about it from my postpaid account.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phone
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carriers
    NTT DoCoMo
    T-Mobile USA.
    Feedback Score
    I had heard that before as well. It is so funny how there not concerned at all about your questions just making sure they can try and get you over to post-paid lol.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Most of the outsourcing is in India, but from the sound/accent of TMO PrePaid reps it seems like they are outsourced to The Philppines.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Feedback Score
    I thought E911 was required unless the device itself didn't support it.