Thread: GUIDE: How to Properly Change Plans on PagePlus

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Smile GUIDE: How to Properly Change Plans on PagePlus

Please, please, please, pay attention to this:

If you are using a now-banned device (Blackberry, Palm, some HTC's or a Verizon Prepaid Device), it is EXTREMELY important that you MAKE SURE that ANY plan PIN that you apply to your account - TnT1200, uTnT, Power Texting, ANY PLAN PIN, gets applied CORRECTLY, and does not get mistakenly added as a money balance.

This is important, regardless of which device you are using, since you always want to make sure that your plan PINs get applied correctly, so that you do not burn through your plan PIN as a balance and lose it completely.

To prevent this from happening, you should keep the following in mind:

If you are going UP in plans, you should remove the battery from your device and add the PIN via the website or the 877#. Double check via your online portal that your plan got added correctly and the expiration date was extended.

If you are going DOWN in plans, you should remove the battery from your device, call PPC CS and get moved to the Standard Plan first, and THEN add your TnT1200 plan PIN from the website, via the 877#, or have CS add it for you while you are on the phone with them. Double check via your online portal that your plan got added correctly and the expiration date was extended.

Also, to renew the plan on your account properly... let's say that your EXPIRATION date on your plan is 03/01/2010. That means that at 12:01am on 03/02/2010 the system will automatically try to withdraw the funds from your account balance and renew your plan. MAKE SURE that you have the available funds IN your account before the end of 03/01/2010 so that when it attempts to renew shortly after midnight that night there are no problems. If you are on the auto-pay plan, you don't have to worry about adding funds before it is time to renew.

If you notice that a PLAN PIN you add does NOT convert you over to the plan, and instead adds it as a money balance... You should call PPC CS, as you normally would, to try to get the balance/plan adjusted and corrected. I don't know if PPC CS will correct it on a banned device or not. They may not even ask what kind of device you are using.

Thanks,
    Kitty
    Last edited by Kitty Wireless; 03-02-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My niece had this problem on two different "banned prepaid" phones about two weeks ago.

At that time CS would not fix the problem.

If it happened today, I would be concerned about CS deactivating the phones.

Calling CS about problems with "banned" phones seems to be the exact opposite advice from what has said a few hours ago. Kitty can you explain the change in advice?

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy
    My niece had this problem on two different "banned prepaid" phones about two weeks ago.

At that time CS would not fix the problem.

If it happened today, I would be concerned about CS deactivating the phones.

Calling CS about problems with "banned" phones seems to be the exact opposite advice from what has said a few hours ago. Kitty can you explain the change in advice?
    UncleAndy,

I was reading back through my post and updating it as you were responding. Check my original post now, which is more fleshed out and updated. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you Kitty,

You explained the problem exactly as my niece experienced it.

You also explained the method of changing plans which would have avoided the problem.

I wish avenue would add a "sticky" for changing plans so other people do not experience the problem.
    Last edited by UncleAndy; 03-02-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    kitty, i got a blackberry on the unlimited plan, are you saying that its actually possible for me to downgrade to the 1200 min plan without my bb getting disconnected and then banned from pp? i thought we couldnt change plans?

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY D
    kitty, i got a blackberry on the unlimited plan, are you saying that its actually possible for me to downgrade to the 1200 min plan without my bb getting disconnected and then banned from pp? i thought we couldnt change plans?
    No, it's not impossible. You CAN change plans, even on a banned device, you just NEED to do so in the appropriate method, and double check it!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    hell yeah! thanks kitty! i just wanna get this straight, so this is what i should do right. "If you are going DOWN in plans, you should remove the battery from your device, call PPC CS and get moved to the Standard Plan first, and THEN add your TnT1200 plan PIN from the website, via the 877#, or have CS add it for you while you are on the phone with them. Double check via your online portal that your plan got added correctly and the expiration date was extended. "

so kitty im on the auto pay unlimited plan right now and the next renew date is april 25th. so before april 25th i should take the battery out of my phone then call cs from a different line and tell them to change my plan to the 1200 min plan right? and then can i just buy a 1200 min card through cs during the same call and have them load it for me while the battery is out since im on a diifferent line and then il be all set or do i really have to buy it from the internet? im definitely downgrading so i wanna make sure i dont mess up

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    hell yeah! thanks kitty!

so kitty im on the auto pay unlimited plan right now and the next renew date is april 25th. so before april 25th i should take the battery out of my phone then call cs from a different line and tell them to change my plan to the 1200 min plan right? and then can i just buy a 1200 min card through cs during the same call and have them load it for me while the battery is out since im on a diifferent line and then il be all set or do i really have to buy it from the internet?
    If you are on unlimited, you would cancel your autopay before 4/25, take out the battery, call CS and have them move you to the STANDARD PLAN first, and then apply your TnT1200 PIN.

When going DOWN in plans, it's important to go to the standard plan first, and then add the new plan PIN that you want to be on.

You could purchase the PIN right over the phone from them after they move you to the standard plan and then have them apply it right over the phone for you. That's your choice. Or you could have your PIN ready to apply after the standard plan is in effect on that line and just give the CS person your PIN to apply (or add it via the website or the 877#), your choice.

Hope this helps.

Kitty

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    If you are on unlimited, you would cancel your autopay before 4/25, take out the battery, call CS and have them move you to the STANDARD PLAN first, and then apply your TnT1200 PIN.

When going DOWN in plans, it's important to go to the standard plan first, and then add the new plan PIN that you want to be on.

You could purchase the PIN right over the phone from them after they move you to the standard plan and then have them apply it right over the phone for you. That's your choice. Or you could have your PIN ready to apply after the standard plan is in effect on that line and just give the CS person your PIN to apply (or add it via the website or the 877#), your choice.

Hope this helps.

Kitty
    ok so your saying after i cancel the autopay i can do all of this on the same call from a seperate line i just need to make sure that they change my plan to the 1200 plan before i tell them that im buying a brand new 1200 card and have them load it, correct?

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ok so your saying after i cancel the autopay i can do all of this on the same call from a seperate line i just need to make sure that they change my plan to the 1200 plan before i tell them that im buying a brand new 1200 card correct and have them load it, correct?
    The underlined part above is wrong. You need to make sure they change you to the STANDARD PAY AS YOU GO PLAN before you tell them that you want to buy a new TnT1200 card and add it. Since you are DOWNGRADING from the UTnT, your change must go like this:

UTnT -> Standard Plan -> TnT1200 plan.

Kitty

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    No...not the 1200 plan, but the standard per minute plan. After changed to the standard per minute plan, then you can add the 1200 TNT plan.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    The underlined part above is wrong. You need to make sure they change you to the STANDARD PAY AS YOU GO PLAN before you tell them that you want to buy a new TnT1200 card and add it. Since you are DOWNGRADING from the UTnT, your change must go like this:

UTnT -> Standard Plan -> TnT1200 plan.

Kitty
    ok, thats what confused me. im glad i got that straight. im gonna make sure i tell them that specificly. and then after they load the new 1200 plan i put the battery back in turn the phone on and then im all set right? and then after that when the month is about to expire i can setup the autopay for the 1200 plan?

kitty and then if im upgrading i can follow these specific steps except i wont have to switch to a STANDARD PAY AS YOU GO PLAN first when upgrading from the 1200 plan to unlimited right? i just tell cs i wanna upgrade to unlimited.

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ok, thats what confused me. im glad i got that straight. im gonna make sure i tell them that specificly. and then after they load the new 1200 plan i put the battery back in turn the phone on and then im all set right? and then after that when the month is about to expire i can setup the autopay for the 1200 plan?

kitty and then if im upgrading i can follow these specific steps except i wont have to switch to a STANDARD PAY AS YOU GO PLAN first when upgrading from the 1200 plan to unlimited right? i just tell cs i wanna upgrade to unlimited.
    Correct. Going up in plans is fine, just make sure the battery is out when you apply the UTnT PIN to go from TnT1200 to UTnT.

Thanks.
    Kitty

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    Correct. Going up in plans is fine, just make sure the battery is out when you apply the UTnT PIN to go from TnT1200 to UTnT.

Thanks.
    Kitty
    kitty you dont understand how much i appreciate you helping me. thanks!

Feedback Score
    And no matter what if there is a problem when switching plans do NOT let CS reset your account/ESN to try to fix it! If they don't realize it is a banned device and they reset the ESN it is definitely gone for good. If it were me in this situation and the account got messed up trying to switch plans, I would get a used postpaid phone that checks out as being activatible and immediately have that phone number from the "banned" handset transferred to the postpaid.(via online dealer or the free services forum).

It is just not worth risk losing a phone number to keep playing with fire with a now banned handset once something goes wrong and you've run out of safe ways to try to correct it yourself or with the help of Hofo community.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast