Thread: GUIDE: Voicemail Guide for PagePlus

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Smile GUIDE: Voicemail Guide for PagePlus

How do I setup my voicemail for the first time?

To set up your Voice Mail, press *VM (*86), then SEND. Follow the set-up tutorial, which will walk you through selecting a password, and recording both a voice signature and greeting for your Voice Mailbox. Please note: If you press *VM (*86) and hear your own or a system greeting, press the # key to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.

When you setup your voicemail for the first time, or are accessing it for the first time, your DEFAULT password will be 9999 on the PagePlus System. You can then change it to whatever you would like!

Note: Voice Mail may not be available in some areas. Voice Mailboxes not set up within 45 days will be cancelled. Your Voice Mailbox is not password protected until you create a password by following the steps listed above. If you are checking your voicemail from your wireless device, you will be charged to maintain your connection to Voice Mail. Which means minutes will come out of your plan or you will be charged for the minutes you use while checking voicemail if you are not on the Unlimited plan.

How do I check my Voicemail?

To access your Voice Mail, press *VM (*86), then SEND. Follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages. Airtime usage applies for Voice Mail setup and retrieval in most areas. If you press *VM (*86) and hear your own or a system greeting, press the # key to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.

When you setup your voicemail for the first time, or are accessing it for the first time, your DEFAULT password will be 9999 on the PagePlus System. You can then change it to whatever you would like!

GUIDE: What options do I have while listening to a Voicemail Message?

While listening to a message, press:
    1 = Rewind
    2 = Pause
    3 = Fast Forward
    4 = Slower
    5 = Envelope Info (date/time message was sent)
    6 = Faster
    7 = Delete Message*
    9 = Save Message*
    0 = Help
    # = Finish/Skip

* = Cancel/Exit

After listening to a message, press:
    6 = Forward
    7 = Delete
    8 = Reply**
    9 = Save
    0 = Help

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Mobile to Mobile Calling minutes do not apply to Voice Mail retrievals; you will be charged to maintain your connection to Voice Mail.
    I just call my phone and let it roll to voicemail, to avoid charges.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Phones
    Moto
    LG vx5500
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    I just call my phone and let it roll to voicemail, to avoid charges.

You call your phone from the same handset ? or from a different phone ?

When I was on Vzn, calling my number from the same handset resulted in no charge.

PP web site terms say "...Your balance will be debited for all calls except for #737 and 911 calls. Balances are debited in full minute increments and in full 8-kilobyte increments, per service. No credit is given for dropped calls..."

So if my VM# is my 10 digit phone number, I have to check if it's charged....

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Calls to your voicemail (*86 or your 10 digit number) from your handset do count as minutes deducted from you plan - unless you are on the unlimited plan, then minutes don't count anyway.

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike05
    You call your phone from the same handset ? or from a different phone ?

When I was on Vzn, calling my number from the same handset resulted in no charge.

PP web site terms say "...Your balance will be debited for all calls except for #737 and 911 calls. Balances are debited in full minute increments and in full 8-kilobyte increments, per service. No credit is given for dropped calls..."
    From a different phone, of course. Otherwise it would not help...

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    How are these threads not exactly what the Wiki was supposed to house?

I said that threads were a better alternative before the Wiki was created but people didn't listen and went ahead anyway and made the Wiki so you should at least be consistent and keep these things in there.

Phone
    Omnia i910
    Carrier
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Note: On my recent activation the other day, I did not need to enter 9999 for the VM. It reorganized that this is a new activation and asked to pick a pin, confirm and then I am all set.

If I am calling to check for VMs from my own phone, it would be nice if it did not ask for the pin each time but its no biggy and I guess it is one of the PP/Pre paid deals.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook
    How are these threads not exactly what the Wiki was supposed to house?

I said that threads were a better alternative before the Wiki was created but people didn't listen and went ahead anyway and made the Wiki so you should at least be consistent and keep these things in there.
    Yeah, I agree.

If someone could add this to the Wiki, if it isn't there already, that would be helpful.

Phones
    LG VX5500
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    It seems to me though that too many new users are NOT accessing the wiki. By making this information available via threads, hopefully this will cut down on board clutter.

Feedback Score
    How about a compromise and this info gets copied to the Wiki AND before these threads are closed a link to that section of the Wiki become the last post in this thread? That way anybody searching(who does that right? )will hopefully find these topics which point them to the exact information they need. I really like the straight forward headline of these posts which is talking about 1 thing to make it easier for the newbies to find the info.

And if they still don't bother to search or weed through the wiki, then we could simply say do a search on "Voicemail Guide" and follow the link to the wiki for the exact details?

What does everyone think? If good descriptive topics like this(with easy to guess keywords like Guide, Voicemail, etc) point to a place in the wiki and get closed they won't clutter the top of the current thread post AND would make searching and finding easier for newbies.

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I apologize everyone, I am not experienced with the WIKI and did not realize I could post it there. Whomever wishes is welcome to copy these guides and move them to the WIKI (I will if I get some time here in a little bit, otherwise feel free to do what you want with them....)

I was just trying to help.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phones
    Moto
    LG vx5500
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    I apologize everyone, I am not experienced with the WIKI and did not realize I could post it there. Whomever wishes is welcome to copy these guides and move them to the WIKI (I will if I get some time here in a little bit, otherwise feel free to do what you want with them....)

I was just trying to help.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Speaking of help, I used your web site to port in from another carrier ....thanks very much for the help....

Feedback Score
    thank you

this will be useful later in the week when i get my phone

Feedback Score

P+

Guys, I'm having a problems with PagePlus Andriod VM indicator or Google Voicemail.

I can't get either one to work any long today 12-17-10.

Any call forwarding now only works immediately!
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 12-19-2010 at 12:24 AM.
    EVO 3D P+ CleanRom