Huawei U7519
    Samsung M510
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Huawei U7519 Unlocking\Flashing

Here's what I found so far;

If I boot the phone while holding talk & end call buttons at the same time it boots into a screen with a red F on it with a mostly white background. My computer will not detect the phone at all via USB. (Win 7 x64)

If I boot the phone while holding the the talk & center button (middle, not the outer edge) it'll boot to a white background that scans to purple. In this mode (emergency download?) my computer does detect the phone as Mobile Adapter - PC UI Interface (COM #) & as a USB Composite Device. It's the same as if I booted the phone normally sans USB Mass Storage Device and the fact that this purple screen allows QPST (2.7 Build 231) to detect the phone as Q/QCP-XXX (Download). Although QPST can detect the phone, if I try to use any of the programs to actually connect to it I'm told, "You cannot use the App ..... because phone is in download state."

I'm trying this because I want to see if T-Mobile's firmware is any better because this phone sucks as is. If I could get some help trying to flash this phone before I post it on E-Bay (or chuck it against a wall!) it would be appreciated.

Edit: I'd also like to backup factory firmware before changing so that I can change it back if needed.

Feedback Score
    I was never able to get this phone detected by my computer even after installing Huawei's software. It would only show up on my computer as a mass storage device but would only show the contents of the phone's internal memory rather than that of the memory card. I gave up trying to get any type of useful connection going with this phone and my computer after a few days. What it comes down to is this: no amount of flashing, modding, or hacking can fix this phone's serious lack of signal strength.

Phones
    Huawei U7519
    Samsung M510
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I think the being unable to get it detected is more of a problem with your computer than anything else as that's the first thing I did when I bought my phone. As for the signal strength, yeah, it does suck but sitting there and saying that it can't be hacked, modded or flashed isn't really helping. Right now I'm more concerned about my phone freezing everytime I try to do something rather than the signal strength.

Does anyone have a copy of the firmware for the Tap?

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    That sucks.

I tried the F thing.

I MADE A NEW DISCOVERY!

Hold the Red button and center then turn on the device. It will ask you for you password so try

"0000" Worked for me. Then a screen pops up asking you to reset your phone to factory default settings!

Feedback Score
    And going to factory settings improves what? I mean it's not like you can use this damn phone on any other carrier here?

Phones
    Huawei U7519
    Samsung M510
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay, so here's what we know so far:

Hold Green & Red during power on and you get a screen with a red "F" on it. Nothing can be done here that we know of.

Hold Green & Centre during power on it'll boot to a white background that scans to purple. In this mode it can be detected by QPST although it says the phones in download mode and won't let you do anything.

Hold Red & Centre during power on and it'll ask to reset to factory defaults after entering your phone's password (0000).

I still think that the green and Centre is an emergency firmware update screen but I haven't been able to find any firmware to try to upload to it.

Phones
    Huawei U7519
    Samsung M510
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's some new info I've found. I haven't been able to test it yet as Win 7 (and Vista) don't include Hyperterminal.

Just boot your phone normally and follow these instruction's:

How to enter my Unlock Code on Huawei ?

1) open Hyperterminal : C:\Program Files\Windows NT (should be there)
    2) you must set com port on modem (Huawei Mobile Connect - 3G Modem)
    3) type following command : AT^CARDLOCK="<you unlock code>"
    4) Validate by pressing Enter.

From Unlockbase.com
    I tested the above method but it just returns with error.

To get your unlock code post your phone's IMEI# here.

When I requested my code they gave me two, one for unlocking and one for firmware flashing.

Also, what kind of commands could I use with my phone?

Current list of AT commands that work:

at - Returns “OK”

at+cgmi – Returns Name of Manufacturer

at+gmm – Model # (Or name)

at+cgsn - IMEI #

at+cgmr – Software Version

at+cimi - IMSI #

at+csq – Radio Signal Strength

at+cbc – Battery Level and Charge Status
    Last edited by kewlblue; 03-10-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Phones
    Huawei U7519
    Samsung M510
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I found a pdf of this manual; Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. CDMA Wireless AT Commands – PN S000294D and I'm about half-way through.

Here's an updated list of all working codes.... well, they at least return an 'OK' !

at - Returns “OK”

at+cgmi – Returns Name of Manufacturer

at+gmm – Model #

at+cgsn - IMEI #

at+cgmr – Software Version

at+cimi - Returns IMSI #

at+csq – Radio Signal Strength

at+cbc – Battery Level and Charge Status

atq (or atq0) – Result code suppression

atv (or atv1) – DCE Response Format

ate (or ate0, ate1) - Echo

Feedback Score
    Any updates on the flashing firmware? Does this phone support downloadable java apps??

Feedback Score
    hi to alll can anyone help me to unlock my huawei u7519 phone
    IME# 356192032333580

please reply

thanks in adavance GODBLESS US ALL

Phone
    iPhone 4, Nexus S, Nexus 4 :-)
    Carrier
    Fido,... Wind
    Feedback Score
    Wind will give you the unlock code for free if you have been there 3 months. The best way is 'live chat' from your account. That way you are sure the other party and yourself get the correct numbers... the code for you and the IME# for them. You can also call in.
    Irresistible35
    $35 ... Unlimited everything!
    ... On a Nexus 4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daveEM View Post
    Wind will give you the unlock code for free if you have been there 3 months. The best way is 'live chat' from your account. That way you are sure the other party and yourself get the correct numbers... the code for you and the IME# for them. You can also call in.

ahmmm actually that phone was given to me by my auntie from canada....i live in the philippines that's why i want to unlock it so that i can use it here.......what should i do...

Feedback Score
    1) open Hyperterminal : C:\Program Files\Windows NT (should be there)
    2) you must set com port on modem (Huawei Mobile Connect - 3G Modem)
    3) type following command : AT^CARDLOCK="<you unlock code>"
    4) Validate by pressing Enter.

Feedback Score
    got a mobi u7519.
    got it back in oct 2010 from Mobi.
    Unlocked and used it on Wind for awhile.
    Now the touch screen does not respond. I don't think it's hardware related.
    If I pop the sim out and boot it, the SOS and power off and number pad responds on the touch pad.
    When I pop a sim in, that's when the touchpad stops responding.
    The odd time, I got it going like there was never a problem. But then sooner or later, it fails and does
    not respond at all.
    I did the reset with the "0000" code here. It had no effect on the touch pad operation.
    Btw: I have tested it with WIND and MOBI sim. Same issues.
    Can I return it to a mobi store for warranty?? I still have a mobi account with the $35 unlimited all plan.
    This phone was not the one purchased with that plan though. The snap was.
    I don't have the paperwork, but they can look it up by number? or serial?
    It is well under 1 year old.

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack025 View Post
    ahmmm actually that phone was given to me by my auntie from canada....i live in the philippines that's why i want to unlock it so that i can use it here.......what should i do...
    Can someone call wind mobile and give him/her the unlock code?