Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Page Plus Locations??

Hi everyone, I am a current Verizon customer and need to switch over. Not happy with Verizon's rate plans, nor the price I am paying. Forgive me for asking this but are there any stores I can go to for Page Plus? For Straight Talk I can go to Walmart, Verizon I can go to their stores, etc. Does page plus have any stores or is this done online only?

Also, I have heard that Straight talk has delays up to 7 days with porting, is PP faster?

Last question, is customer service good?

Thanks for your time.
    Disclaimer: Any posts I may start or reply to are my opinions only. I am not an engineer, sales consultant, or a wireless phone professional. I provide responses purely for discussion purposes. Always call your Carrier for accurate answers.

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    Check the Page Plus Cellular store locator to find a dealer in whatever state/city you are living in:

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Why%...20Locator.aspx

Plus there are many online dealers as well.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    On the P+ website pagepluscellular.com in the upper right corner you can click on "store locations".

They will show locations of independent wireless stores, gas stations that just sell pins (e.g.Speedway & Hess), and sometimes dealers that are working out of their home.

It is always best to call first.

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    well u didn't say where u live but 1st thing cs isn't the best and at xs u will have very long waits . search at the top for adealer to help activate but . no bb or palm or htc phones that have esns its all up top got to read alittle

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone, I didn't see that store locator. It seems like they are mostly gas stations or indvidual dealers. I was expecting dealers like Best Buy, Wal mart, etc.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by New2verizon
    It seems like they are mostly gas stations or indvidual dealers. I was expecting dealers like Best Buy, Wal mart, etc.
    Those aren't dealers they are retail partners. You're serviced by a 17 year old kid at the big box stores. Its hardly a superior alternative.

What exactly are you looking for at a brick & mortar store that you couldn't figure out yourself online? As a current verizon customer you can just use the handset you have and OTA programming works so I am just curious what, for you, you need more help with?

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by New2verizon
    Hi everyone, I am a current Verizon customer and need to switch over. Not happy with Verizon's rate plans, nor the price I am paying. Forgive me for asking this but are there any stores I can go to for Page Plus? For Straight Talk I can go to Walmart, Verizon I can go to their stores, etc. Does page plus have any stores or is this done online only?

Also, I have heard that Straight talk has delays up to 7 days with porting, is PP faster?

Last question, is customer service good?

Thanks for your time.

1. You have to find a reseller. No Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target stuff on this side of the fence.

2. When I ported from Verizon, it took less than 15 minutes. YMMV.

3. Is customer service good? PP doesn't even have customer service.

Also, don't wanna hijack the thread, but have you considered Boost CDMA? Runs off of Sprint, unlimited everything (including data) for $50, and they actually have CS.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

Lol u just did .

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    New2verizon,

You can try to reach P+ Customer Service (CS) by calling 1-800-550-2436 during the hours that they are open.

You may run into 3 problems:

1. Connecting - It is very helpful if you have a redial button on your phone.

2. Wait times - Expect a 15 to 20 minute wait. It is helpful if you have a speaker phone so you can be doing other things.

3. Customer Service Reps. (CSR) - Some are very good and some are not so good. It is best if you have read the threads and know exactly what you need, otherwise you may end up wasting money that P+ will not refund.

You need to open up an account under MY ACCOUNT on the P+ website. Verify what you asked for from the CSR was actually done. Do not try to do two things at once (e.g. changing plans and adding $).

Phones
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Page Plus: Palm Pixi +
    AT&T:HP Pre3
    Feedback Score
    FYI, the reason you don't see many P+ storefronts is that P+ does not pay any kind of commission to dealers. You get a small discount on PINS and on handsets nobody wants.

It's challenging (to say the least) to sell P+ and bring in enough revenue to pay for rent, heat, air conditioning, electric, salary, taxes, etc based on that business model. Some do it by charging $50 for activations, but you have to find customers that don't know or care that they can get a port done via P+ for free, or an activation on eBay for 99c.

Moreover, if the customer has a problem, you have to try to resolve it using the same crappy CS the customer gets.
    P+ will do nothing to resolve issues with failed PINS. You get to eat that cost or risk the wrath of an angry (former) customer.
    Last edited by johncase3; 03-07-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Phones
    MOTOROLA
    SONY
    NOKIA
    Carriers
    PAGEPLUS
    SIMPLE MOBILE
    Feedback Score

who unlock phones free

Phones
    BOOST
    VIRGIN
    ZAPP
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile
    PAGE PLUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelesswithout
    i do, i do, i do, why?

Phones
    MOTOROLA
    SONY
    NOKIA
    Carriers
    PAGEPLUS
    SIMPLE MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmandick
    i do, i do, i do, why?
    I NEED HELP BADLY I HAVE A BLACKBERRY 8330 CURVE AND OTHER THAT I NEED TO UNLOCK PLEASE HELP

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    New2verizion,
    I would suggest contacting KittyWireless as she may be able to help you get on the PagePlus service using the phone that you currently have. If not she does have some phones available on her site. She has really helped me and I am so grateful. This is all new to me as well but so far I am happy with the PagePlus service. I did have to call PP+ CS yesterday but I was on hold for less than 5 minutes..I think sometimes it is good and sometimes it is bad from what I have read so it is really just a gamble but if you get a really good dealer that stands behind their services, then you are better off using them instead. Kitty can help you in this area as well. Best of luck