Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you refill on the day your service expires or before?

Feedback Score

Can you refill on the day your service expires or before?

My service expires Mar 7, does that mean that i have the day of march 7 to refill or does the service end at 12:01am march 7 in which case i should refill by March 6?

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    From what I understand it is 11:59 or it maybe the same time of the day you refilled last time. If you refill early then you only get 29 days instead of 30. If you refill a week early then you only get 23 days from the last card. I guess the best way is to keep your card handy (buy in advance and refill on the exact day it is due. As their time does not "stack" ------ I prefer the way ptel and boost do it, you just have to have money in the account by the day it is due and they take out the money on that date. St is a pain-------the exact day only.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I thought ST offered auto-renewal. Unless you're getting a much better deal on cards than is available at WalMart (and if so, send me a PM with your source, please), then why not just use auto-renew?

Feedback Score

RE: Auto-renew

Quote Originally Posted by chuckknight
    I thought ST offered auto-renewal. Unless you're getting a much better deal on cards than is available at WalMart (and if so, send me a PM with your source, please), then why not just use auto-renew?
    Sometimes it's hard to get Auto-renew canceled. I'm not comfortable having my CC#s in a bunch of private companies databases. Especially when it's just a matter of getting a card at Wallyworld. If WM was a long drive away, I'm sure I'd be looking at it differently.

Hopefully ST will adopt a more friendly way of re-upping, like allowing a 2 or 3 month prepay, or rollover. I've learned that there is no grace period though! They mean it when they say your service will expire on such and such date.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    They do give you til midnight the day it expires though. I let mine run out just to see what would happen. Then I actually had to call cutomer service a couple of times because the new card wouldn't activate. I guess there was some glitch on my account. I don't mind picking up a card at Walmart. I agree about the credit card security. I try to use only Paypal for on-line purchases too.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I dont think I would want st with my credit card either.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    What happens if you accidentally miss the renewal date and your service lapses?

Can you just buy a PIN card at Wally World, apply it to your phone a day late, and get your service back just as it was - same phone#, without starting from scratch setting up voice mail - or do you lose your number and have to start at square one and re-activate with a different phone#?

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux
    What happens if you accidentally miss the renewal date and your service lapses?

Can you just buy a PIN card at Wally World, apply it to your phone a day late, and get your service back just as it was - same phone#, without starting from scratch setting up voice mail - or do you lose your number and have to start at square one and re-activate with a different phone#?
    I wanted to see what happens so I let my service lapse for 1 day. The service was terminated, but I was able to call *611 from the inactive phone (unable to dial the 800#) and had to speak to customer service. They asked the security question I answered when I used the web activation (next time I just used the 800# to activate and didn't have to fill out anything) and then loaded my new card and the service and same number was restored within a few minutes. I didn't need to re-set the voice mail, but I'm not sure if, when the service was interrupted, it worked or not-I should have tested that!

According to their website you have 30 days before the number is re-assigned, but I'm not sure I would trust that, if the # is important.

Feedback Score

Refill

I have refilled twice now on the date ST listed as the service end date and all went well. I hate to refill early and lose days. By the way, my unused minutes rolled over.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Why do so many say they drive to WalMart for a card when the ST site offers airtime-on-demand in addition to the auto refill? You need travel no further than your computer.
    https://www.straighttalk.com/Refill

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's simple...not everyone is comfortable with the idea of online purchasing, and even worse yet, auto-debit authorization.

I made a similar observation, not thinking along those lines. That not everyone is comfortable with this sort of thing, is not an aspect I had considered.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's smart to avoid autopay. I had it set up with T-Mobile, and they kept trying to bill me after I ported out and was fully paid. They claimed it was a glitch in their system, but it happened for three darn months. Luckily after the first time I informed my bank it was a fraudulent transaction, so they blocked it.

Phones
    LG 290c
    Nokia 6102
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    With numerous people reporting they are seeing their unused time being rolled over, is this a real problem, counting the days/hrs/mins? Supposedly when you pay, you reset the clock and loose any unused time.

We have a few recurring bills set up for auto-pay and so far have never had any problems. We're set up for auto-renew with ST. Receive an e-mail notice the day before renew date saying they are going to take payment tomorrow and then on due date receive another e-mail notice saying they have transfered payment from bank.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier
    Why do so many say they drive to WalMart for a card when the ST site offers airtime-on-demand in addition to the auto refill? You need travel no further than your computer.
    https://www.straighttalk.com/Refill
    I do grocery shopping and pick up a card so it's no special trip made.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno
    I do grocery shopping and pick up a card so it's no special trip made.
    +1

Everyone I know shops at Walmart at LEAST once a week for things....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast