Thread: Can an inactive Tracfone phone be activated thru ST?

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score

Can an inactive Tracfone phone be activated thru ST?

A friend of mine dropped her StraightTalk Moto V3a in the bathtub and drenched it.
    She has an inactive Tracfone which she'd like to use as a replacement for her soggy V3a.

Can she activate the Tracfone phone thru StraightTalk and use the remainder of her 1000/1000/30Mb plan?

I figured that since TF and ST are basically the same company, there was a chance that this could be done.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    No. Same parent but entirely different offspring.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux
    A friend of mine dropped her StraightTalk Moto V3a in the bathtub and drenched it.
    She has an inactive Tracfone which she'd like to use as a replacement for her soggy V3a.

Can she activate the Tracfone phone thru StraightTalk and use the remainder of her 1000/1000/30Mb plan?

I figured that since TF and ST are basically the same company, there was a chance that this could be done.
    Nope, you can't take one device from one Trac/America Movil brand and use it in another Trac-affiliated brand. The handsets, internal software, and networks don't match up. Even if she had an inactive CDMA Tracfone, it wouldn't work on Straight Talk because of the different proprietary software/settings used.

Your friend will have to bite the bullet and buy another Straight Talk handset if she wants to continue using the service. If the individual handset doesn't matter, I'd buy the LG100c at the local Wall of Mart or its website--it's likely the cheapest of ST-branded phones.
    expectations.
    Kyocera 2135 on Verizon Prepaid
    Nokia 3585i on Simple Freedom/Alltel U Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG AX-5000 on Alltel U Prepaid/Verizon Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG 420G on Tracfone
    LG 900G on Net10
    DROID by Motorola on Page Plus Cellular
    HTC DROID Incredible 2 on Verizon