Thread: can't activate voicemail on new Tracfone

Phone
    Samsung T301
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

San Fransisco can't activate voicemail on new Tracfone

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. This is my first paygo phone.

Bought a new Samsung T301 from the TF website a week ago. I can send and receive calls with no problem, but tracfone's voicemail system says my voicemail box/phone # is "invalid".

TF customer service has "reset" my phone 4 times - no change. My last call to customer service (line activation dept) has them doing another reset that would take 48 hours (ending about noon today).

Anyone have any insight about what might be going on, or can suggest something else to try? Was there something I was supposed to do to activate the voicemail myself?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southcity

Bought a new Samsung T301 from the TF website a week ago. I can send and receive calls with no problem, but tracfone's voicemail system says my voicemail box/phone # is "invalid".

TF customer service has "reset" my phone 4 times - no change. My last call to customer service (line activation dept) has them doing another reset that would take 48 hours (ending about noon today).

Anyone have any insight about what might be going on, or can suggest something else to try? Was there something I was supposed to do to activate the voicemail myself?
    http://www.tracfone.com/voice_mail_r...l_ins&AID=VMLN

Feedback Score

Did you get a new Samsung T301g or the combo pack with a refurbished T301g and a 60 minute card?

The new phone comes with an ATT sim card, the refurbished comes with a T-mobile sim. There are differences in the way they react, even with the same phone.

ATT sim begins with 890141. T-mo begins with 890126. Tell us which one you have and maybe we can help.

Welcome to prepaid.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani
    Did you get a new Samsung T301g or the combo pack with a refurbished T301g and a 60 minute card?

The new phone comes with an ATT sim card, the refurbished comes with a T-mobile sim. There are differences in the way they react, even with the same phone.

ATT sim begins with 890141. T-mo begins with 890126. Tell us which one you have and maybe we can help.

Welcome to prepaid.

The type of SIM card is based on the market area you order the phone from not whether it is new or refurbished. If you order from the GSM5AT market you might get either SIM (so it`s possible your posted Info. could be correct for this market).

Phone
    Samsung T301
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the fast responses----

tracnet - Ive been to that activation screen before, tried it again just for the hell of it. No change.

when i get into the voicemail menus by pressing "1", I get two choices:
    -to leave a message in another mailbox, enter the 10 digit #
    -if I have a voicemail box on this system, press *

no prompts for a passcode. If i enter my own 10 digit #, it says "that number is invalid"

Annepani - 890126xxxxx - weird, since I purchased from the TF website, which describes it as NEW. I would never buy a refurbished phone. This sucks.

Feedback Score
    Did you call the cs number 1-800-876-5753? They reset my voicemail in just a few minutes. You have to call during traditional business hours. If you get forwarded to the crummy cs, hang up and call again.

Phone
    Samsung T301
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Lisme, i've been calling 1-800-867-7183. Ill try the number you gave tomorrow morning.

Phones
    w370
    w376
    w170
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the fast responses----

tracnet - Ive been to that activation screen before, tried it again just for the hell of it. No change.

when i get into the voicemail menus by pressing "1", I get two choices:
    -to leave a message in another mailbox, enter the 10 digit #
    -if I have a voicemail box on this system, press *

no prompts for a passcode. If i enter my own 10 digit #, it says "that number is invalid"

Annepani - 890126xxxxx - weird, since I purchased from the TF website, which describes it as NEW. I would never buy a refurbished phone. This sucks.
    I have to reply to your statement 'never buy a refurb'.
    I have had several refurbs , in fact the phones my wife and I are using are each refurbs, and I have only once had a problem with them. Tracfone took it back,sent me a brand new phone in the clamshell,and paid postage to return the defective one.The phones are in excellent shape, and only a couple I have bought had a minor scratch or two.You may want to reconsider .Try one of the bundles where you can buy a 60 minute card and a refurb for less than 20 bucks..that way if you dont like the phone you arent out anything.You can activate the phone for nothing,and if you dont like it ,put the minutes from the card on the phone you have been using.
    You can use the 20 minute activation bonus on the refurb to 'call your mother'!! you know you should

Phone
    Samsung T301
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The latest "we'll reset your phone, please wait 48 hours then try again" cycle ended this morning - still no vm. I called 1-800-876-5753 for help today (thank you Lisme). MUCH better english comprehension from the cs reps at this number. The rep Philip said the voicemail feature had not been added to my account, and would take up to 48 hours to add & activate. He promised a phone call to me when this has been accomplished.

Phone
    Samsung T301
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Problem solved. Thanks again for that other customer service phone number, it made all the difference.

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem. Purchased the phone on the 9th, and activated it on the 11th around midnight. After calling 8 different times and being given the "wait 24 to 48 hours" i finally was fed up and told them i will not wait 24 to 48 hours to fix the problem now. What i was told is that it was Net10/T-Mobile's fault, not mine. I was suprised a cell phone rep took responsibility. Now i have voice mail.

Basically if you have a TracFone you should speak to a TracFone rep. If you have Net10 then you should speak to a Net10 rep, and the same with Net10 Unlimited. I have Net10 Unlimited and tracfone kept resetting my voicemail, which didn't work as it's not a TracFone number. Get it?

Hope this helps others!

Feedback Score
    I thought the same reps handled both Tracfone and Net10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    I thought the same reps handled both Tracfone and Net10.
    No. Apparently things have changed recently.

Two weeks ago I had to call CS because a Tracfone phone didn"t activate correctly. The recording said 'Press 1 for Tracfone, 2 for SafeLink.' Net10 was never mentioned. The number I called was 1-800-867-7183.

BTW does anyone know if Net10 Ulimited has its own CS number?

Phone
    LG 4X HD - LG-P880
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    arp734,
    Is the web browser completely open on Net10 Unlimited? Or is it still the "walled garden"?
    Thanks