Thread: lg220c icons

Phone
    lg231c
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

lg220c icons

hi all
    just picked up a 220c for a second phone, and do not understand all the icons across the top. i have a round wheel type symbol with a red line thru it. ( this is next to the btry indicator ) and over by the signal streangth bars is a blue square with a 1 and an x next to it. the icon menu says the round circle with the red line thru it represents ( E911 only ). the square blue box with the 1 and x does not list anything. anyone know exactly what they mean, and what they might be doing up there ??? thanks for any info.
    bob

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I have a different LG, the icons are similar. The 1x refers to the type of data connection the phone has. 1x means 1xrtt which is the standard speed data. (EV-DO is the newer high speed data.) The circle with the line through it means your phone will only send your precise location information back to the towers if you're placing a 911 emergency call. If you change the setting to "location on" it means the phone will constanly the system with your location.

Carriers
    Airvoice
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I would prefer to have the location setting "always on" for emergency purposes... but does anyone out there know if this causes excessive battery drain, as opposed to "911 only"?

Phone
    lg231c
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the info guys, now i have a little better understanding of what i have.
    bob

Phones
    LG 220c
    LG 220c
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    There is an icon glossary on the phone. Hit menu, 9, 8, 3.