Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    I have everything working correctly with UMA on my phone.

However I'd like to be able to disable the cellular network entirely and only use UMA when I'm in the states. I've never been able to get UMA to work with "mobile network" disabled and WiFi enabled.

Is there something I'm overlooking?
    What I'd recommend doing, since the cell radio has to be turned on, is go to "Mobile Network Options", set "Network Selection Mode" to manual, set "Select Automatic Mode When Manually Selected Network is Not Available" to "No", then select your Rogers 3G or 2G network of your choice.

I think this will likely stop your phone from even attempting to hop onto a USA wireless network. But because your radio is still active UMA will work.

Either that, or just use these settings which will stop your phone from using anything other than UMA:

3GPP_GERAN=Disabled
    3GPP_UTRAN=Disabled
    3GPP_GAN=Enabled
    GAN Preference=GAN

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    I have everything working correctly with UMA on my phone.

However I'd like to be able to disable the cellular network entirely and only use UMA when I'm in the states. I've never been able to get UMA to work with "mobile network" disabled and WiFi enabled.

Is there something I'm overlooking?
    On my Bell Branded Unlocked 9700, in the drop down which Rogers' folks can't see aparently, I have a WiFi ONLY option, WiFi Preferred, Cellular Only and Cellular Preferred.

Loth

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Service books:

Please excuse my camera skills, every screenshot app I tried failed (Due to windows 7) or didn't have an ota link. Blacked out entries are just my email service entries.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    All my Berries are magical!
    Ok everyone, you heard Loth, we have to learn some magic to get our Rogers 9700's going

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007
    Service books:
    Thanks d00d. Pretty good camera skills, nice macro shots FYI, BlackBerry Master Control Program is great for screenshots and a 100 other things as well: http://mcpfx.com/download.php?list.2. Works in Win7 x86 and x64 for me.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    lol funny I was going to ask shortly if Bell or Telus offered UMA, I am 99% sure they do not, but wanted to check for the same reason as you.

We have a ton of Telus 9700's and none of them have the connection preference option. I'd love to know if Bell has this option by default (I doubt it does).

I am wondering if unlocking your 9700 somehow gives it to you. I've unlocked a 9000, but never a 9700, so I do not know. Gonna ask a friend who usually unlocks his phones if he's unlocked his yet and if he has the option (he's on Rogers though)...
    Edit: asked him and already received a response. His Rogers 9700 is unlocked and he is on .545 and does NOT have the "Connection Preferences" option under "Mobile Network Options"...
    I'd love to test this on a Telus 9700. And to answer your question NO, it wasn't on the Bell one until I added the UMA profile and it just magically appeared.

Loth..

I think I replied twice to this one

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'd love to test this on a Telus 9700. And to answer your question NO, it wasn't on the Bell one until I added the UMA profile and it just magically appeared.

Loth..

I'd have to borrow a Telus 9700 from work and pay like $13 to unlock it to test it out, so I don't wanna do it lol. But yeah it would be interesting to see if it works.

Go figure that only the Rogers 9700's have this problem so far, bleh

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007
    Service books:

Please excuse my camera skills, every screenshot app I tried failed (Due to windows 7) or didn't have an ota link. Blacked out entries are just my email service entries.

Exactly the same as mine! I wiped my device with BBSAK and Installed .545 and pulled all my service books from BIS. Put the UMA profile back in and the menu poped back up in Mobile Network Options. I am confident this has nothing to do with Service Books.

Loth

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Loth..

Ya, this is strange. When you put in your Rogers sim into your unlocked Bell phone, did you have to change any settings for the data to work? Did the service books just get sent automatically?
    I don't know why these settings would just show up, Bell doesn't have uma either, so this is weird.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'd have to borrow a Telus 9700 from work and pay like $13 to unlock it to test it out, so I don't wanna do it lol. But yeah it would be interesting to see if it works.

Go figure that only the Rogers 9700's have this problem so far, bleh
    Get me the PIN and IMEI and i'll unlock it for you.

Loth

Please DO NOT contact me to unlock your devices folks, I have a resource who is willing to do this one favour for me for Testing purposes!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Namueab
    Ya, this is strange. When you put in your Rogers sim into your unlocked Bell phone, did you have to change any settings for the data to work? Did the service books just get sent automatically?
    I don't know why these settings would just show up, Bell doesn't have uma either, so this is weird.
    Service books were sent via BIS when I provisioned my email. BIS even knew I changed devices and did everything for me automatically. The only changes I made were in the TCP/IP settings from pda.bell.ca to internet.com.

Loth

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well if it's not service books and it's not certificates and its not about being unlocked then what could it be?

Are we missing an installed module when we installed .545?

I think that modules look at the vendor ID when you use AppLoader.exe to load an OS, and based on that vendor ID it determines what 'modules' will be available for install on any given device. For example, I had a Rogers Bold 9000 that I unbranded, and after unbranding when installing an OS via AppLoader I could then install a "Visual Voicemail" option that I could not previously install prior to unbranding it from a Rogers device.

So maybe, as someone else mentioned earlier, Rogers 9700 phones are specifically blocked from installing this missing module somehow... if thats the case, how do we get around it? Hmmm...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Get me the PIN and IMEI and i'll unlock it for you.

Loth

Please DO NOT contact me to unlock your devices folks, I have a resource who is willing to do this one favour for me for Testing purposes!
    Hmm ok I'll borrow someone's tomorrow and get that info.

Heck, I can pull that info up in BlackBerry Enterprise Server from home (I'm at home now). Give me a sec, I'll PM you the info.

I won't be able to punch in the unlock code until I'm at work tomorrow and borrow that person's Telus phone though.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ^ This makes sense also, but his loth's vendor id would be from Bell and in that case wouldn't it block him from having the missing module also?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well if it's not service books and it's not certificates and its not about being unlocked then what could it be?

Are we missing an installed module when we installed .545?

I think that modules look at the vendor ID when you use AppLoader.exe to load an OS, and based on that vendor ID it determines what 'modules' will be available for install on any given device. For example, I had a Rogers Bold 9000 that I unbranded, and after unbranding when installing an OS via AppLoader I could then install a "Visual Voicemail" option that I could not previously install prior to unbranding it from a Rogers device.

So maybe, as someone else mentioned earlier, Rogers 9700 phones are specifically blocked from installing this missing module somehow... if thats the case, how do we get around it? Hmmm...
    I have a feeling its in the firmware of the 9700 on Rogers. If we can find a way to Debrand back to BB Default or Bell for that matter it will completely change the way your Rogers 9700's are working. The modules that installed when I loaded my Bell 9700 with .545 were the same modules the Wind Mobile 9700 took. The reason you were able to load VVM on your unbranded 9000 was because you loaded the VSM for Factory BB or a carrier which supported that feature.

Now that I think of it, there is a .cod in the Java folder called RimGanInjector.cod... Any thoughts?

Loth

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast