Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Here are all the modules that get installed when I run AppLoader with .545 (I unchecked "List additional applications that are installed on the connected device" to shrink the list to just RIM stuff:

What do you see in your list Loth? The same?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    Here are all the modules that get installed when I run AppLoader with .545 (I unchecked "List additional applications that are installed on the connected device" to shrink the list to just RIM stuff:

What do you see in your list Loth? The same?
    The exact same thing; I actually install less than you do

Loth

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I used BlackBerry Master Control Program to list all the modules on my device. And I found two with "GAN" in their names"

net_rim_cldc_gan_diagnostics
    net_rim_gan_options

So those two are installed, I dont see any others. Loth, could you run BMCP and list your modules and show us what you have installed, or at least check the list and let us know what GAN modules you can find in your list?

Gotta go eat dinner and relax by the TV for a while with the wife. I'll be back later
    Last edited by trafsta; 03-11-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    I used BlackBerry Master Control Program to list all the modules on my device. And I found two with "GAN" in their names"

net_rim_cldc_gan_diagnostics
    net_rim_gan_options

So those two are installed, I dont see any others. Loth, could you run BMCP and list your modules and show us what you have installed, or at least check the list and let us know what GAN modules you can find in your list?
    I tried installing those to my Robbers Blackberry to no avail. In addition, I found these under a filed called "Blackberry.alx".

Quote Originally Posted by C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700...\BlackBerry.alx
    <fileset WLAN="True" UMA="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_cldc_impl_gan.cod
    net_rim_gan_options.cod
    net_rim_cldc_gan_diagnostics.cod
    RimGanInjector.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    I put these on my berry using BBSAK also, but nth happened. Just need to find a hook to turn on the connection preference and then I'm golden.
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwammi
    I tried installing those to my Robbers Blackberry to no avail. In addition, I found these under a filed called "Blackberry.alx".

I put these on my berry using BBSAK also, but nth happened. Just need to find a hook to turn on the connection preference and then I'm golden.
    Sweet I'll leave the injecting of cod's and all that stuff to you lol. You seem to know more about it than I do.

Be back later, going for real this time, wife will kill me if I bring my BB to watch TV shows with her like I did last night (it went off non-stop cause of HF posts in this thread lol).

I'll check back in a few hours though.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i think it has to do within the cod files themselves.

here's something i found out:
    if you go to SMS options on a rogers phone, and scroll down, there should be a selection menu for delivery reports (i like them, it costs me nothing and gives me a little sense of security). however, it is missing from the rogers BB.

TAKE OUT YOUR SIM, and reboot the phone. if you go to the SMS menu, delivery reports MAGICALLY APPEARS. you can select it to yes, pop your sim in, and you now get delivery reports on your SMS messages (a D symbol much like BBM). it does save the setting even with the rogers sim now in the phone.

why does this occur? i have no idea. it shouldn't add much overhead to rogers to give delivery reports.

maybe there is a special code like the MMS options (MMSC if you want to try that), because we all know there are lots of codes for BB menu's. just a matter of figuring out what it is.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rp_guy
    i think it has to do within the cod files themselves.

here's something i found out:
    if you go to SMS options on a rogers phone, and scroll down, there should be a selection menu for delivery reports (i like them, it costs me nothing and gives me a little sense of security). however, it is missing from the rogers BB.

TAKE OUT YOUR SIM, and reboot the phone. if you go to the SMS menu, delivery reports MAGICALLY APPEARS. you can select it to yes, pop your sim in, and you now get delivery reports on your SMS messages (a D symbol much like BBM). it does save the setting even with the rogers sim now in the phone.

why does this occur? i have no idea. it shouldn't add much overhead to rogers to give delivery reports.

maybe there is a special code like the MMS options (MMSC if you want to try that), because we all know there are lots of codes for BB menu's. just a matter of figuring out what it is.
    Tried playing with various settings while my SIM was out, but nothing seemed to change. Of course UMA wouln't enable even using the workaround because the SIM was removed.

There is the "Gan Control" section in the e-screens, I'm going to play with some of those settings.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Namueab
    ^ This makes sense also, but his loth's vendor id would be from Bell and in that case wouldn't it block him from having the missing module also?
    Hey! Wait a minutes... Vendor ID... What if you were to replace the vendor ID in the Vendor.xml file to the Bell one but for the Rogers Network. Each carrier has a different Vendor number, swap the vendor number and then add the string from TIM or Wind Italy which is what release .545 is for to the Rogers list of approved OS's..

Maybe that would work?

Loth

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I had one of my buddies over with his Rogers 8900, unlocked his escreens and played around in there. From what I was, there was no special setting. I have no clue as to why that phone, or loth's magic 9700, has the "wifi preferred setting"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if it is possible for us (without special software) to change the vendor ID. The alx files that I found does not discriminate between the different vendors for the UMA CODs. All I know is the vendor ID for Rogers is 107

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if it is possible for us (without special software) to change the vendor ID. The alx files that I found does not discriminate between the different vendors for the UMA CODs. All I know is the vendor ID for Rogers is 107
    Not change it on the Phone, but in the vendor.xml file to basically make BBDM think that it is going to load according to Rogers specs but instead since you replaced the Bell ID with Rogers 107, it will load with the Bell Specs instead? You will obviously need to add the string with the OS as well; rather than delete the Vendor.xml file.

Loth

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Not change it on the Phone, but in the vendor.xml file to basically make BBDM think that it is going to load according to Rogers specs but instead since you replaced the Bell ID with Rogers 107, it will load with the Bell Specs instead? You will obviously need to add the string with the OS as well; rather than delete the Vendor.xml file.

Loth
    I was wondering if you know what bell's vendor ID is? You probably know this but

Engineering Screen --> OS Engineering Screen --> Device Info

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The 8900 is a UMA capable device, therefore it would have the wifi preferred setting. My 8220 is also the same type of device and also has this preference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Namueab
    I had one of my buddies over with his Rogers 8900, unlocked his escreens and played around in there. From what I was, there was no special setting. I have no clue as to why that phone, or loth's magic 9700, has the "wifi preferred setting"

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersBB8220
    The 8900 is a UMA capable device, therefore it would have the wifi preferred setting. My 8220 is also the same type of device and also has this preference as well.
    Ya I'm aware that it is a uma capable device. That's why I was trying to find something in the escreen settings that was different than my 9700. Thanks though.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering if you know what bell's vendor ID is? You probably know this but

Engineering Screen --> OS Engineering Screen --> Device Info
    Rom Version: ROM_TAVOR_CERBERUS_L
    HWID = 0x04001507

Loth

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast