Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Rom Version: ROM_TAVOR_CERBERUS_L
    HWID = 0x04001507

Loth
    Vendor ID is the only thing different there, so it could be what's causing the problem

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007
    HWID is the only thing different there, so it could be what's causing the problem
    The HWID on my rogers 9700 is the same as loth's

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Namueab
    The HWID on my rogers 9700 is the same as loth's
    UGH, sorry, I meant Vendor ID...changed my post to avoid confusion...DERP

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Rom Version: ROM_TAVOR_CERBERUS_L
    HWID = 0x04001507

Loth
    I've briefly skimmed some ALX files from the firmware install. There is nothing that is specific to the Vendor ID 331.

Few vendor ID's stuck out to me is
    107 for Rogers
    100 for T-mobile
    135|215|216 telefonica
    115 tim
    114|123|134|250|170|171|202|271 t-mobile EU
    119|162|175|183|217|280|142|285|147 Orange

and that's it. My educated guess is that by default, all 9700 are basically unlocked. The addition of Rogers' customization killed/disabled the connection preference menu item. Going to try to reinstall my OS by forcing it not to install any Rogers customization to see if it does anything.

Report back later
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    In case you need it: List Of Vendor Id's

Keep up the great work guys!

Device(s)
    Rogers bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hey trafsta, so unless i change my os to 536 or up i cant do what u do right? im new to this programming **** and i feel more lost than ever....

im running the rogers installed os 5.0.0 351

thanks
    frank

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta

Yea I do know about this vendor ID list but the ones I listed are the ones that have customizations specific for those vendors under the blackberry.alx file. The rest all use generic settings. Will look through some of the other files to see if I discover anything else.

Cheers M8

EDIT: Maybe this may help others. I am using the files from 5.0.0.423 and yes I did get UMA working. Next step is to get connection preference working

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.545 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by frankbonaiuto
    hey trafsta, so unless i change my os to 536 or up i cant do what u do right? im new to this programming **** and i feel more lost than ever....

thanks
    frank
    It should work on .351. But man .351 sux big time u should upgrade it to .545, it's much better.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.545 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwammi

Yea I do know about this vendor ID list but the ones I listed are the ones that have customizations specific for those vendors under the blackberry.alx file. The rest all use generic settings. Will look through some of the other files to see if I discover anything else.

Cheers M8

EDIT: Maybe this may help others. I am using the files from 5.0.0.423 and yes I did get UMA working. Next step is to get connection preference working
    Heheh yeah I saw all those in the .alx yesterday too. Dunno why I posted the list lol I had woken up from falling asleep on the couch and was just heading up to bed when I wrote that, I was still half asleep lol.

I didn't see anything it the alx yesterday that would block anything either.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    trafsta and loth, still curious about the Telus 9700 you guys mentioned earlier. Please post when you guys know anything new.
    Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankbonaiuto

thanks
    frank
    UMA works no problem on 351.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So, uh, has anyone with a branded Rogers 9700 (and thus no "Connection Preferences" option) managed to find a combination of settings/commands in the engineering menus to allow successful handover of UMA to 3G/2G or 3G/2G to UMA? Right now when I leave my wifi zone everything will remain disconnected until I disable and re-enable the wireless radio OR until I walk back onto a wifi zone (which brings it back into UMA), which sucks for the car ride home where there is no wifi and therefore no UMA lol... Would be nice if we could at least get that part working ok... hmmrph...

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Just a though..don't mean to bring anyone down..but did you ever wonder WHY rogers never released UMA on a 3G device...? Notice that UMA is on ALL 2G models of phones that rogers offers...I don't think UMA is offered on ANY 3G devices world wide?(Correct me if i'm wrong)...i'm fine with enabling UMA manually as I only need it a few days a week...until a solution is provided by rogers.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeydeep
    Just a though..don't mean to bring anyone down..but did you ever wonder WHY rogers never released UMA on a 3G device...? Notice that UMA is on ALL 2G models of phones that rogers offers...I don't think UMA is offered on ANY 3G devices world wide?(Correct me if i'm wrong)...i'm fine with enabling UMA manually as I only need it a few days a week...until a solution is provided by rogers.
    If you read the dozens of threads on this subject across many forums you'd see that yes, these questions have come up But to answer your question, yes, there are numerous carriers in the US and Europe that offer 3G UMA, including 3G UMA on the BB Bold 9700. Rogers has just been slow to get their 3G network working on the new UMA 3G profile, so they decided to completely disable it on all 3G devices instead of allowing us to go between 2G and UMA (which works perfectly). Initially the 9700 was advertised as being UMA compatible BY ROGERS STORES, I actually ordered my 9700 on that basis that it was UMA compatible and that the Rogers store told me it was UMA supported.. I think it was within a week they changed their advertising to say that although it was a UMA supported device, the Rogers network did not support UMA on the 9700 "at this time". I even spoke to 2 or 3 high level tech's through our corporate business support that we have with Rogers and they indicated that it should work just fine when in 2G mode - even they were being told incorrect information by the higher-ups at Rogers. I believe a lot of people returned their 9700 after hearing this...

As for enabling UMA manually, I agree, I too am happy to do it manually every weekday when I arrive at work and to disable it when leaving. It would just be nice to get it going on our Rogers Branded 9700's the same way that Loth has on his unlocked Bell 9700 that he is using on the Rogers network. He has the "Connection Preferences" screen available to him so everything works flawlessly for him (it's hidden on Rogers branded 9700's).

Last I read May was the date that 3G UMA was supposed to be added to the Rogers network for all 3G devices, whether this is true or not and whether that means it will be on the ROgers network for 'testing' only and not available for the general public yet I do not know... at least this solution works well enough for now.

There's definitely no reason why we shouldn't keep trying to get it work flawlessly. After all, we're all jealous of Loth and his Bell 9700 lol.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    There's definitely no reason why we shouldn't keep trying to get it work flawlessly. After all, we're all jealous of Loth and his Bell 9700 lol.
    That right there is the reason why I keep playing around with it. It's the same phone, the same OS version, clean install. The only immediate difference is that Loth's 9700 was branded as Bell, and ours are Rogers.

I believe e-screen settings are set back to default after you install a new OS fresh, am I correct? Which means that the difference is either in packages that are installed during OS install, or something pushed down from Rogers that is targeted at Vendor ID rather than device type.

Something else to bear in mind is the little tip posted in this thread about enabling delivery status on SMS. New options become available with the SIM card out, meaning that the SIM itself, or the connection to Rogers is limiting configuration options (removing them from the option screens).

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast