Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    Rogers bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ok so now im even more lost i cant find these screens to adjust settings i thought it was because i was on 351 but now i find out different... will anyone have the time to make a step by step... i like my wifes 8520 i load the wifi data and bada bing its on uma.... i dont really need it but u know reading here has me ancious to see my screen with uma...

as for upgrading im worried with all the glitches that come along with software that isnt rogers branded.. i went threw alot of trouble with my storm on telus and too many betas too much to keep up with.... im worried if i change to releases that are not threw rogers and i screw the phone up i wont know how to fix it.... i cant even find these screens never mind fixing a bricked phone....

thanks
    frank

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankbonaiuto
    ok so now im even more lost i cant find these screens to adjust settings i thought it was because i was on 351 but now i find out different... will anyone have the time to make a step by step... i like my wifes 8520 i load the wifi data and bada bing its on uma.... i dont really need it but u know reading here has me ancious to see my screen with uma...

as for upgrading im worried with all the glitches that come along with software that isnt rogers branded.. i went threw alot of trouble with my storm on telus and too many betas too much to keep up with.... im worried if i change to releases that are not threw rogers and i screw the phone up i wont know how to fix it.... i cant even find these screens never mind fixing a bricked phone....

thanks
    frank
    Earlier in this thread I showed where to find instructions on how to unlock the e-screen. Here is my post. You have to save the text in that site to a whatever.html file and open it on your computers web browser, then hit alt+shift+H to get to the help screen and enter the info the .html file requires to get the unlock code. Then type in the unlock code and you will then have the engineering screens for up to 30 days.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankbonaiuto

thanks
    frank
    If you're not comfortable with upgrading your OS, I strongly urge you to not attempt to change the engineering screen settings to enable UMA. Wait until someone figures out how to enable normal UMA options screen and then there will be all kinds of step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007
    That right there is the reason why I keep playing around with it. It's the same phone, the same OS version, clean install. The only immediate difference is that Loth's 9700 was branded as Bell, and ours are Rogers.

I believe e-screen settings are set back to default after you install a new OS fresh, am I correct? Which means that the difference is either in packages that are installed during OS install, or something pushed down from Rogers that is targeted at Vendor ID rather than device type.

Something else to bear in mind is the little tip posted in this thread about enabling delivery status on SMS. New options become available with the SIM card out, meaning that the SIM itself, or the connection to Rogers is limiting configuration options (removing them from the option screens).
    Yes I agree that this in interesting that removing the sim accesses some different options. I have tried removing the sim while in the escreens and did not see anything different either.
    However, has anyone tried to upgrade their OS with the sim card out? I don't know if this is even possible, but would be interesting.
    I unlocked my 9700 this morning, and if nobody tries this by tonight, I may give it a shot. Who knows at this point. All I know is that I recognize myself becoming too obsessed to help try and figure this out!!

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Interesting find here: http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm23496.xml

Basically outlines what to do if the "Connection Preference" option doesn't show up on a UMA enabled T-Mobile blackberry. It doesn't really help us since it refers to the problem being caused by installing old backups onto a new phone.

It does point out something interesting though, it mentions that the culprit is most likely the Handheld Key Store and Trusted Key Store.

So a question for Loth: did you backup your 9700 while it was still on the Bell network, then restore after updating to the new OS? If so, do you remember if you restored the key stores while doing it?

Device(s)
    Rogers bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    trafsta thanks for all ur help but i dont feel comfortable doing this, espcially that i dont need the feature, i have no problem waiting until its much easier to accomplish..

mikeo007 i wouldnt jepordize my new phone of three days for something i dont need...
    it works great the way it is....

thanks
    guys i'll keep an eye to see the outcome...

frank

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007
    Interesting find here: http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm23496.xml

Basically outlines what to do if the "Connection Preference" option doesn't show up on a UMA enabled T-Mobile blackberry. It doesn't really help us since it refers to the problem being caused by installing old backups onto a new phone.

It does point out something interesting though, it mentions that the culprit is most likely the Handheld Key Store and Trusted Key Store.

So a question for Loth: did you backup your 9700 while it was still on the Bell network, then restore after updating to the new OS? If so, do you remember if you restored the key stores while doing it?
    Here is a another scenario that refers to the service books
    http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm23...revPageIndex=2

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Can somebody backup the service books from the t-mobile phone so we can restore it to a rogers branded one?

Maybe that would work
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Feedback Score
    so... you turned the "wireless network off" and got UMA... which needs the wireless network to function... hmm? Now if you turned off the carrier network I would be a bit more convinced and of course, 13 pages of replies and still no public proof available (except those that "need it") I'm sorry but I don't jump on the first bandwagon... tends to be full of manure :P

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deviance159
    so... you turned the "wireless network off" and got UMA... which needs the wireless network to function... hmm? Now if you turned off the carrier network I would be a bit more convinced and of course, 13 pages of replies and still no public proof available (except those that "need it") I'm sorry but I don't jump on the first bandwagon... tends to be full of manure :P
    Wow, what a truly amazing first post! You sir, are a tool. Several of us have the UMA feature working and we are currently trying to find a way to make it easier to enable.

This manure that you're talking about...I think you're the one spewing it

Carrier(s)
    Rogers &
    Feedback Score
    ^ why you even bother to entertain his post/thoughts? Obviously he doesn't have the basic analytical skills or has failed on every attempt to get it working and trying to convince himself that we are all making false claims on our UMA successes!

This is how some people make themselves feel better

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP iPAQ: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I have tested a few routers, UMA works on all of them, airlink, d-link, linksys. Without QoS, it takes longer to connect. Once u setup QoS, UMA connects within seconds.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    Hmm ok I'll borrow someone's tomorrow and get that info.

Heck, I can pull that info up in BlackBerry Enterprise Server from home (I'm at home now). Give me a sec, I'll PM you the info.

I won't be able to punch in the unlock code until I'm at work tomorrow and borrow that person's Telus phone though.
    Again, checking back here. Did you two ever get anywhere with trying this? Did it ever happen?
    Please keep us posted either way.
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Namueab
    Again, checking back here. Did you two ever get anywhere with trying this? Did it ever happen?
    Please keep us posted either way.
    Thanks!
    I haven't received the unlock code from Loth yet

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    I haven't received the unlock code from Loth yet
    Ya, a lot of this is hinging on him. Right now his 9700 is the golden goose...

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast