Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    BB 9900, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    please explain how you got this to work, UMA working on the 9700 would be amazing

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.545 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by serans1987
    please explain how you got this to work, UMA working on the 9700 would be amazing
    Please read this thread... I know it's long, but skim through it all so you understand how to get it going.

Device(s)
    9700R
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    definately a long read but jesus ive waited a long time for this. Have it working on my Rogers 9700 - i might just go and buy a telus one and sell this one to get the menu options but if i can set it to handoff edge-uma (i work at a hospital - there is wireless everywhere but cell is spotty... i walk around and move from AP's so it disconnects often.) Working with the Escreens is acceptable though too...

Too bad it wasnt like when adding themes to the older bb's, text files edited and voila...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.545 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by xkon
    definately a long read but jesus ive waited a long time for this. Have it working on my Rogers 9700 - i might just go and buy a telus one and sell this one to get the menu options but if i can set it to handoff edge-uma (i work at a hospital - there is wireless everywhere but cell is spotty... i walk around and move from AP's so it disconnects often.) Working with the Escreens is acceptable though too...

Too bad it wasnt like when adding themes to the older bb's, text files edited and voila...
    You should be able to get it to hand off between EDGE and UMA well if you follow my instructions a few posts before this one. Experiment with the GAN preference of Cellular vs. GAN as much as you can. I used to have it set to 'GAN' but now I set it to 'Cellular' instead and it works great. I use it at work and roam between my office building (2 floors and 2 wifi AP's) and our manufacturing plant (4 APs) and it works quite well.

Device(s)
    9700R
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    haha thats all ive been doing all day. When setup that way it goes from EDGE to GPRS and kind of hangs there never hopping to UMA. I think that testing is best left for the office, but honestly even being able to set it manually is a breeze. to revert to 3G i turn off wifi (left side key) and to reenable it i turn wifi on and ctrl-alt-h my way directly to Set RAT. Works like a dream, compared to my other option which is not having it at all.

This is huge - i need the 3G for tethering and now can have the best of both. Been waiting to see UMA since i was promised the 9000 would get UMA support back when it was first released...

Thanks for all the hard work figuring this out!!

Quote Originally Posted by trafsta

You should be able to get it to hand off between EDGE and UMA well if you follow my instructions a few posts before this one. Experiment with the GAN preference of Cellular vs. GAN as much as you can. I used to have it set to 'GAN' but now I set it to 'Cellular' instead and it works great. I use it at work and roam between my office building (2 floors and 2 wifi AP's) and our manufacturing plant (4 APs) and it works quite well.

Device(s)
    9700R
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    well im at work and it will indeed handoff from EDGE to UMA here. this is amazing - i am now looking for a TELUS 9700 that i will unlock, and all set! This is more than acceptable for me, i only really need 3G when im off site somewhere and use it for either voice/data simo or to tether.

Quote Originally Posted by xkon
    haha thats all ive been doing all day. When setup that way it goes from EDGE to GPRS and kind of hangs there never hopping to UMA. I think that testing is best left for the office, but honestly even being able to set it manually is a breeze. to revert to 3G i turn off wifi (left side key) and to reenable it i turn wifi on and ctrl-alt-h my way directly to Set RAT. Works like a dream, compared to my other option which is not having it at all.

This is huge - i need the 3G for tethering and now can have the best of both. Been waiting to see UMA since i was promised the 9000 would get UMA support back when it was first released...

Thanks for all the hard work figuring this out!!

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    only works on 9700? Anyone tried for 9000?

Device(s)
    9700R
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeiphone
    only works on 9700? Anyone tried for 9000?
    the 9000 lacks the hardware support for UMA, so yeah 9700 only.

Device(s)
    BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Also have been able to get this to work as per instructions but with same limitations on a Rogers BB 9700. Interested in the program to generate the codes to get into the Escreens. Does ne1 have the program or can help me out please?

Will look into if 3G to UMA handoffs are being worked on and see if I can find any info out for this.

Device(s)
    HTC 1x
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

9700 T mobile os

Hey has anyone tried the T Mobile os to extract the files? I would try but I just don't know how. I get my 9700 this week.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    For some reason today, my Rogers 9700 switched over to UMA when I was on wifi, and came and went away....

Maybe they are doing something?

j.

Device(s)
    9700R
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j0mama
    For some reason today, my Rogers 9700 switched over to UMA when I was on wifi, and came and went away....

Maybe they are doing something?

j.
    thats a good sign - have you enabled it via the e-screens?

I notice it is working better, i get consistent handoffs from EDGE to UMA. in a call, its iffy still...

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yes, enabled it to test once, but haven't played with it since. What I did notice was my reception at my house is poor, it goes off 3G and when in EDGE, it flips over once in a while.

Device(s)
    HTC 1x
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    here are the settings from my old 8900.
    westsegw.uma.rogers.com
    vpn <10.197.95.244> but how do I save the vpn tunnel? and certs

I tried to do edits in m.n.e.s. utilities, session manager, bb button, UMA options, factory provisioning, westsegw.uma.rogers.com

Last edited by shane_fugere; 04-17-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about 8900..............

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast