Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Perfect sound quality is the major benefit. Also, if you live in an area that has poor cell reception, you'll still be able to make and receive calls.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I know it's skepticism at it's finest, but I will believe the OP when he posts a little more proof. I would love for this to actually be true, along with everyone else in this thread.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Okay guys its late and i'm worn out from the research but i'm going to take screen shots of everything so you can witness what I have done! It actually works! I'm shocked and i've looked everywhere online and it seems like I am the only one who has been able to get it fully working on a 9700 with Rogers. Keep in mind i'm using an unlocked Bell 9700 but I dont think that makes a difference!

I'll keep you posted but this IMO is huge especially if it works when I travel.

Loth
    Does it involve any debranding or any similar actions?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada ●
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Okay guys its late and i'm worn out from the research but i'm going to take screen shots of everything so you can witness what I have done! It actually works! I'm shocked and i've looked everywhere online and it seems like I am the only one who has been able to get it fully working on a 9700 with Rogers. Keep in mind i'm using an unlocked Bell 9700 but I dont think that makes a difference!

I'll keep you posted but this IMO is huge especially if it works when I travel.

Loth
    it'd be great if you can let us know where this happened (city), and what software version you are running.

Screen shot still needed.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    love to know it as my condo have crappy reception

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Curious to know if you have to force your phone to 2G for UMA to work...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I call BS on this.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^OP is not lying. We will discuss later tonight.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Were you in 2G or 3G mode on the BB when you used UMA?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by big samm
    for people who don't have a good cell signal... And plus it's save battery big time..
    I heard that UMA actually drains the battery faster, since the Wifi radio sucks more power than the cellular one in the device? Although, I heard this a while ago when it was power consumption of Wifi vs 2G. Maybe 3G requires more power than wifi?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.536 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/331)

I'm working and ill post proof later to the skeptics. I sent screen shots to some folks already and called a well known hofo member using it last night. I turned the wireless network off to infact confirm it was on UMA. It appears that there may be a conflict with the 3G to UMA. 2G to UMA flawless but there are work arounds. The next task I'm going to undertake is create a proxy tunnel via my local isp and push traffic through that to avoid foreign IP detection.

Patience!. I've provided proof that it does work to those that need the proof. Once I refine everything everyone else will reap the benefits.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC
    ^OP is not lying. We will discuss later tonight.
    Well oil beef hooked!!! I am pretty interested into what's gonna come of this. Keep us posted.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carrier(s)
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    Feedback Score
    Lothario80 is not lying, those who don't want to beleive him, its there loss, I did a Test call with him last night over UMA & I have seen the screen shots of his Bell Blackberry 9700 connected to UMA & voice quality was amazing.. He is in Alberta & I am in Metro Vancouver
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    Lothario80 is not lying, those who don't want to beleive him, its there loss, I did a Test call with him last night over UMA & I have seen the screen shots of his Bell Blackberry 9700 connected to UMA & voice quality was amazing.. He is in Alberta & I am in Metro Vancouver
    I don't really care for proof or screen shots but if you or OP can provide the settings so I can connect to the UMA That would be awesome!
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast