Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i think i am getting UMA now. called my home phone and *611, it was very clear.
    i need to find someone to test it

i didn't get the connection prefer option nor UMA option under wi-fi tool. maybe this is an OS issue, will update my OS tomorrow.

anything i changed in escreen didn't save after reboot.

i just played around the escreen and it just pop up. now i am not able to duplicate the steps, will try again tomorrow

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    No service books just a security certificate and forcing the phone off 3G. Haven't found a way to make it lock in from 3G to UMA. UMA to 3G works Fine. GPRS/EDGE Handoff to UMA works and vise versa as well.

Loth

PS Tested in Calgary & Airdrie, Alberta (15Km north of Calgary)

@Loth!

Thank you for understanding! You've definately surved me up .... fed my crackberry habit ... and you've got all the pudding that HoFo offers!! Nice job!!

I eat my words.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Awesome work Loth! I'm on a .536 branded Rogers 9700 and have the engineering screen unlocked and have PM'd you. I'll be waiting anxiously for your 2nd set of instructions tonight

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.536 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/331)

Quote Originally Posted by Inclemental
    i think i am getting UMA now. called my home phone and *611, it was very clear.
    i need to find someone to test it

i didn't get the connection prefer option nor UMA option under wi-fi tool. maybe this is an OS issue, will update my OS tomorrow.

anything i changed in escreen didn't save after reboot.

i just played around the escreen and it just pop up. now i am not able to duplicate the steps, will try again tomorrow
    Yep you got it!!!! Welcome to the club! I'm gald you were able to confirm I'm not the only one. Ill have the rest of the procedure up tonight once I forward the files to all that PMed me.

Loth

Device(s)
    Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    @Loth

I am guessing you don't need the rogers security file if you already have a Rogers Branded 9700, correct?

I'd like to help you with the proxy if you want, just PM me

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    if ur phone is rogers branded, u don't need any extra files. u just need the instruction from Lothario80.
    i just accidentally got UMA working on my phone and i think it is temporary solution as UMA was gone after each reset. i am still waiting for Lothario80's instruction.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Awesome stuff guys. I managed adding the Rogers UMA profile which adds the certificate on my Rogers branded 9700. Been messing with the GAN settings now but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to get UMA working on my own lol... still no UMA options under Mobile Network Options either, hmm. Gonna keep messing around with it to see if I can figure it out on my own (its interesting learning how all this works). Chances are I'll just have to wait for Loth's instructions though

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^If you already have a Rogers talkspot device, what else do you need to do? Nothing isn't it?

Does this mean you can find the certificates for ANY Rogers wifi BB., and install / cert sync them with a NON-Rogers BB??
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    Awesome stuff guys. I managed adding the Rogers UMA profile which adds the certificate on my Rogers branded 9700. Been messing with the GAN settings now but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to get UMA working on my own lol... still no UMA options under Mobile Network Options either, hmm. Gonna keep messing around with it to see if I can figure it out on my own (its interesting learning how all this works). Chances are I'll just have to wait for Loth's instructions though
    i don't have UMA options under mobile network options, i just somehow got it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea
    ^If you already have a Rogers talkspot device, what else do you need to do? Nothing isn't it?

Does this mean you can find the certificates for ANY Rogers wifi BB., and install / cert sync them with a NON-Rogers BB??
    i believe so, i was able to search rogers cert on google. and i found it in my 9700 as well.

Feedback Score
    Man, I wish there were US calling UMA options. I have a pretty good signal around where I live so UMA only makes sense for Canada LD calls. I don't know anyone in Canada outside of where I live...well, at least no one I talk to.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i don't have UMA options under mobile network options, i just somehow got it to work.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep trying. Not sure what I'm missing. There is a possibility that the firewall here at work is blocking it, but I think I opened it up fully so it shouldn't be blocking it really...

The WiFi logo is bright white (always has been) so I have a nice BES connection to RIM so I figure that is all I should need, hmmm.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    lol OS 5.0.0.545 For The BlackBerry Bold 9700 leaked out today, and I just went to .536 yesterday, hmm... gonna wait since the OP of this UMA stuff is on .536...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    this is great news for those that need this.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Awesome I just got UMA working, no idea how, I just left it alone for an hour or so then tried it again and its working! yay!

EDIT: Hmm, broke it again.. I disabled the cell radio and UMA went off now I cannot get it back Strange stuff. Hopefully with Loth's instructions it'll work a lot smoother...

EDIT 2: Got it back, seems like it's just lost when I turn off the cell radio... convo seems ok but a bit choppy over wifi so far.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    if ur phone is rogers branded, u don't need any extra files. u just need the instruction from Lothario80.
    i just accidentally got UMA working on my phone and i think it is temporary solution as UMA was gone after each reset. i am still waiting for Lothario80's instruction.
    Do you think you can share your way for now so we call all experiment and build upon your way?
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast