Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have the URL to the code generator site they could PM me. Thanks.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bboy9700
    Does anyone have the URL to the code generator site they could PM me. Thanks.
    This is where I found it (it's alllllll over google though). You can copy and paste that into an .html file (using notepad, etc) then open that file in a web browser.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i am on the phone with rogers now using UMA to deal my bill

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inclemental
    i am on the phone with rogers now using UMA to deal my bill
    lol feels awesome, doesn't it?

I really only ever wanted UMA for use at work, because where my desk is I get next to no 3G signal (goes from 0 to 1 bars all day long), and zero 2G signal. I end up receiving voice mails and txt msgs anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes after I leave work and am driving home (which is crazy annoying). Now with this I am hoping that txt and VM message waiting alerts will show up when in UMA mode. Also, when I'm working in one of the two server rooms at work I get absolutely no signal, so it's nice to be able to use my cell now while I am in there (one of the two server rooms has a land-line phone, the other doesn't, so it was a huge pain sometimes...).

I'm sure other people out there will benefit a LOT more from UMA on their 9700 than I would, as I know some people talk 1000's of minutes a month on their phone since they do not have a land-line at home (I don't talk much on the phone period, BBM and WLM for me baby!). And of course its awesome for peole who have poor cell signal when at home too.

All in all it really does help out a lot of people. It's a shame Rogers didn't get this working for everyone from the get-go.

Last I read, they were looking at upgrading their network to support 3G --> UMA/UMA --> 3G handoffs sometime in May of 2010 (for all phones, not just the 9700 nor for just RIM devices)... dunno if thats still the case, but hopefully in time they will enable it for everyone so this workaround isn't necessary for us... I believe there are a few 3G non-RIM phones available on Rogers as well that support UMA but that have it disabled due to the same 3G --> UMA handoff issues...

Feedback Score
    Can somebody send me the CA.ROGERS.COM certificat please ?

Thanks,

Marc

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marc3k
    Can somebody send me the CA.ROGERS.COM certificat please ?

Thanks,

Marc
    The thread I linked earlier has it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/uma...ml#post4238041

I have a branded Rogers 9700 so I didn't need to try the cert from that thread, so I dont know if it will work for sure, but give it a try... otherwise I am sure you could find it via a google search. If not PM me and I'll try sending it to u

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Part Deux (Two in English)

Good Evening everyone, and thanks for waiting around for me... I work some really strange hours!

if you read through this thread you have all sucessfully have done what I was about to explain in detail.. So I will make this short and sweet...

In the escreen:
    Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    Utilities
    Session Manager
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    UMA Options
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    New

Display Name = Factory Provisioning
    Operator Name = Rogers
    UMA Protocol 3GPP rev. 6
    UNCHECK default....
    Provisioning Address = hbsc.uma.rogers.com
    Port 14001
    UNCHECK Default...
    SEGW Address = segw.uma.rogers.com

SEGW certificate = ca.rogers.com

SAVE IT

Go to MANAGE CONNECTIONS
    Mobile Network Options
    Set Connection Preference to WiFi Preferred

Set Network Mode to 2G = NOTE 3G WILL NOT HANDOFF TO UMA SO IF YOU MUST USE UMA YOU WILL HAVE TO FORCE OVER TO 2G. HANDOFFS FROM UMA TO 2G ARE WORKING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Assuming you have followed the instructions you should get UMA to lock in within 2-3 minutes of acquiring a WIFI signal.

Router setting changes aren't needed unless you have some crazy firewall settings. You're on your own.

Good luck and PLEASE post all your questions in this thread, I am reciving toooooo many PM's to reply to everyone.

Lothario80

Give it a couple minutes

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    +1 - And yes, you'll receive all your txts and mms, email etc. It works exactly as if you were live on the network. EXCEPT you can't call special numbers like the radio stations using #660 for AM 660 in Calgary etc.. Ans unfortunately you will have to be on 2G to get the UMA to connect HOWEVER once connected you can move right back to 3G, if WiFi Preferred is your setting in the mobile connections menu, it will remain on WiFi until the signal is gone then it will hand off to EDGE/GPRS. Once the call is done your phone will go back to 3G automatically.

Loth

Quote Originally Posted by trafsta
    lol feels awesome, doesn't it?

I really only ever wanted UMA for use at work, because where my desk is I get next to no 3G signal (goes from 0 to 1 bars all day long), and zero 2G signal. I end up receiving voice mails and txt msgs anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes after I leave work and am driving home (which is crazy annoying). Now with this I am hoping that txt and VM message waiting alerts will show up when in UMA mode. Also, when I'm working in one of the two server rooms at work I get absolutely no signal, so it's nice to be able to use my cell now while I am in there (one of the two server rooms has a land-line phone, the other doesn't, so it was a huge pain sometimes...).

I'm sure other people out there will benefit a LOT more from UMA on their 9700 than I would, as I know some people talk 1000's of minutes a month on their phone since they do not have a land-line at home (I don't talk much on the phone period, BBM and WLM for me baby!). And of course its awesome for peole who have poor cell signal when at home too.

All in all it really does help out a lot of people. It's a shame Rogers didn't get this working for everyone from the get-go.

Last I read, they were looking at upgrading their network to support 3G --> UMA/UMA --> 3G handoffs sometime in May of 2010 (for all phones, not just the 9700 nor for just RIM devices)... dunno if thats still the case, but hopefully in time they will enable it for everyone so this workaround isn't necessary for us... I believe there are a few 3G non-RIM phones available on Rogers as well that support UMA but that have it disabled due to the same 3G --> UMA handoff issues...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i think lothario80 has a non-rogers branded 9700, so he is able to save changes in escreen and having the option to select connection preference. so a force handoff from 2g to UMA is easy for him meanwhile a branded rogers 9700 has disabled the connection preference option.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8300, 9000, 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Good Evening everyone, and thanks for waiting around for me... I work some really strange hours!

if you read through this thread you have all sucessfully have done what I was about to explain in detail.. So I will make this short and sweet...

In the escreen:
    Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    Utilities
    Session Manager
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    UMA Options
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    New

Display Name = Factory Provisioning
    Operator Name = Rogers
    UMA Protocol 3GPP rev. 6
    UNCHECK default....
    Provisioning Address = hbsc.uma.rogers.com
    Port 14001
    UNCHECK Default...
    SEGW Address = segw.uma.rogers.com

SEGW certificate = ca.rogers.com

SAVE IT

Go to MANAGE CONNECTIONS
    Mobile Network Options
    Set Connection Preference to WiFi Preferred

Set Network Mode to 2G = NOTE 3G WILL NOT HANDOFF TO UMA SO IF YOU MUST USE UMA YOU WILL HAVE TO FORCE OVER TO 2G. HANDOFFS FROM UMA TO 2G ARE WORKING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Assuming you have followed the instructions you should get UMA to lock in within 2-3 minutes of acquiring a WIFI signal.

Router setting changes aren't needed unless you have some crazy firewall settings. You're on your own.

Good luck and PLEASE post all your questions in this thread, I am reciving toooooo many PM's to reply to everyone.

Lothario80

Give it a couple minutes
    Thanks for the info. The only issue is that I don't have the option to "Set Connection Preference to WiFi Preferred"
    I want a new phone!!!

I wish Rogers would have the same speed I have at school.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inclemental
    i think lothario80 has a non-rogers branded 9700, so he is able to save changes in escreen and having the option to select connection preference. so a force handoff from 2g to UMA is easy for him meanwhile a branded rogers 9700 has disabled the connection preference option.
    I'd like to talk to you about your findings, if you can PM me and i'll call you up if thats alright... Over my house phone of course since i'll need to look at the settings that seem to be different. And yes I am using an unlocked Bell 9700.

Loth

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwammi
    Thanks for the info. The only issue is that I don't have the option to "Set Connection Preference to WiFi Preferred"
    Try this for me...

in escreen
    WiFi 802.11 Engineering Screens
    One Radio
    BLACKBERRY Button
    Enable
    SAVE

See if that does anything.

Loth

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Try this for me...

in escreen
    WiFi 802.11 Engineering Screens
    One Radio
    BLACKBERRY Button
    Enable
    SAVE

See if that does anything.

Loth
    tested, but still no connection prefs.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcity
    tested, but still no connection prefs.
    Under Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    PLMN Selection
    Blackberry Button

Is there an option that says Enable RAT_GAN ?

Loth

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Under Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    PLMN Selection
    Blackberry Button

Is there an option that says Enable RAT_GAN ?

Loth
    no..

my options are
    Manual Mode
    Disable BBNS
    Disable RAT_GERAN
    Disable RAT_UTRAN
    Disable RAT_GAN

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast