Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up UMA WORKING!! Unlocked Bell 9700 -> Rogers Talkspot! OMG

Okay guys its late and i'm worn out from the research but i'm going to take screen shots of everything so you can witness what I have done! It actually works! I'm shocked and i've looked everywhere online and it seems like I am the only one who has been able to get it fully working on a 9700 with Rogers. Keep in mind i'm using an unlocked Bell 9700 but I dont think that makes a difference!

I'll keep you posted but this IMO is huge especially if it works when I travel.

Loth

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lothario80,

Congratulations! Please keep us posted for more details on the configurations / settings
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carrier(s)
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    Feedback Score
    Congratulations, as post # 2 said please keep us posted, specially if you get it to work while out of the country. Now that would be Awesome.

Edit. Lothraio80 called me over UMA/TalkSpot/Wifi with Bell 9700 with Rogers Sim in it & the sound quality is crystal clear, Now it would be awesome if it works out of Canada
    Last edited by psgill2873; 03-09-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Test Call for Sound quality over TalkSpot
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    so how do we do it?
    - fr0zen

Feedback Score
    Replied and subscribed.
    Winner of 3rd Annual HoFies Award.
    Gold Medal for 'Most helpful S60 Hofo'er'
    Bronze Medal for 'Funniest S60 Hofo'er'

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 iphone 4s Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    wow that's big news right there... i would of bought a 9700 longtime ago if it wasent for the UMA... we are waiting on you for instructions buddy!! wow finally uma on a 9700...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Feedback Score
    Do you have to pay to use UMA on BB 9700 or it is free?
    ...if for whatever reason my sentences do not make a lot of sense...if you see it that way, just read it once more, once more and once more...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Any calls made using UMA would come from whatever bucket you would normally be using if making a call using the mobile network. You can add on one of the Talkspot features (local or Canada wide) to get unlimited calling using UMA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kflan
    Any calls made using UMA would come from whatever bucket you would normally be using if making a call using the mobile network. You can add on one of the Talkspot features (local or Canada wide) to get unlimited calling using UMA.
    so if u have free evenings and weekends afte 6pm, all UMA calls after 6pm also are free? What if you leave the country? Lol (or province/local calling area )

Device(s)
    Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ELiTE KiLLaH
    so if u have free evenings and weekends afte 6pm, all UMA calls after 6pm also are free? What if you leave the country? Lol (or province/local calling area )
    Rogers filters by IP address

if you are out of the country, no dice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ELiTE KiLLaH
    all UMA calls after 6pm (of your local calling area's time zone) are free.

If you leave the country. Chances are your IP will reveal to the server that you are not within Canada, thus deny your UMA connection. It generally will not work*

If you leave your province, ur local calling area will be free.

"CRACKBERRY" Webster's 2006 word of the year
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=391655

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothario80
    Okay guys its late and i'm worn out from the research but i'm going to take screen shots of everything so you can witness what I have done! It actually works! I'm shocked and i've looked everywhere online and it seems like I am the only one who has been able to get it fully working on a 9700 with Rogers. Keep in mind i'm using an unlocked Bell 9700 but I dont think that makes a difference!

I'll keep you posted but this IMO is huge especially if it works when I travel.

Loth
    Are you 100% sure this is working?
    You see the "UMA" symbol on your phone?
    You haven't been charged out of your regular minute bucket?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Feedback Score
    Soory for the noob question, but if your minutes are deducted from your minute bucket and 6pm calls are free anyways, then what is the point of UMA?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oujakov
    Soory for the noob question, but if your minutes are deducted from your minute bucket and 6pm calls are free anyways, then what is the point of UMA?
    If you have wifi access and not network access, you can still make telephone calls.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 iphone 4s Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oujakov
    for people who don't have a good cell signal... And plus it's save battery big time..

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast