Thread: Samsung Data/Power Connector

Feedback Score

Samsung Data/Power Connector

I was looking at the Samsung Data/Power connector, but I don't recognize it. Is it proprietary? Is there a name for it? It does not look like a mini or micro USB to me.

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, Samsung does have their own proprietary connector for their data cables/power cords. They do have several types (at least 3 that I know of from my previous/current Samsungs), but they are now suppose to start coming out with phones using Micro USB connectors. On the Samsung Mythic and Flight from AT&T, they do come with a standard Micro USB connector instead of their proprietary ones.

As for the name, they have 2 USB ones with the SAMSUNG S20-Pin connector, a M20-Pin connector and an older 18-pin one which had a USB or a 9-pin serial COM port connector.

Samsung S20-Pin USB (APCBS10UBE)

Samsung M20-Pin USB (PCB200UBE)

Samsung 18-Pin w/USB (PCB115UBEB)

Samsung 18-Pin w/9-Pin Serial COM Port connector (PCB093LBE/PCB113LBE)

Samsung Micro USB (APCBU10BBEB) [for newer phones such as the Mythic/Flight]
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score

Samsung Data/Power Connector

Thank you for the reply. I suspect that the Samsung Memoir has the S20-Pin USB (APCBS10UBE), but it looks like I need to do some more research then.