Thread: How do I get 3 way calling?

Phone
    lg220c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

How do I get 3 way calling?

I've been trying to get my mom's phone set up, but can't figure out how to get 3 way calling to work. I have tried dialing a number while in a call and pressing send, but i get a message "Check call restrictions-5" She has the lg220c model phone.

I called customer service, they told me that the only phones they have that have 3 way calling is Samsung. But on wal marts website it says the lg220c has 3 way calling

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

The customer service guy thought I was either looking at another model phone, or an lg220c that was not a straight talk phone, even though I had the page pulled up and was reading it to him while on the phone. All he could say was the lg220c does not have 3 way calling, only samsung models do.

So is this true, or should I try calling customer support again, or was I just trying to do a 3 way call wrong?

Phone
    LG100 LG200
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    you did the 3 way calling correctly, i got the same error message, check call restrictions - 5, with my lg100c but when i use the lg200c i have no problem. customer support, from my experience, is just guessing because i get different answers from different people whenever i call.

Feedback Score

3 way calling with unlocked phone on straight talk

Can i use 3 way calling with an unlocked phone? my n95 supports 3 way calling.

Feedback Score
    I just did a 6 way call. lol It should work my phone is a unlocked one but to do it was easy. When on call hit the menu hold new call then join,

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl2 View Post
    Can i use 3 way calling with an unlocked phone? my n95 supports 3 way calling.
    Yes, you can, as long as your phone supports it. The older phones had network restrictions, BYOD should not.
    Heck, i even video skype, within the data limits of course.

Feedback Score

3 way calling and call waiting

can I receive another call when i have a 3 way call going? does the data and picture messaging setting come on the sim card already? I'm planning on using a a t n t sim.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm being able to make a 6 way call with a swapped sim from a nokia e71 on an iphone.

It is true certain phones may not have the option of initiating beyond a 3 way call but the aT&T network does support up to 6 way calls with no problems.

Feedback Score

call waiting while on a 3way call with straight talk and data settings

Quote Originally Posted by redneckturtle1 View Post
    I've been trying to get my mom's phone set up, but can't figure out how to get 3 way calling to work. I have tried dialing a number while in a call and pressing send, but i get a message "Check call restrictions-5" She has the lg220c model phone.

I called customer service, they told me that the only phones they have that have 3 way calling is Samsung. But on wal marts website it says the lg220c has 3 way calling

The customer service guy thought I was either looking at another model phone, or an lg220c that was not a straight talk phone, even though I had the page pulled up and was reading it to him while on the phone. All he could say was the lg220c does not have 3 way calling, only samsung models do.

So is this true, or should I try calling customer support again, or was I just trying to do a 3 way call wrong?
    Hi, I just purchased an a t n t sim from straight talk. Will the data settings come alerady on the sim card? Can I receive another call if i'm on a 3 way call? thanks for all your help.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    CDMA phones may not have full multiple calling capabilities.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score

mms setting for straight talk

hi, is there a way to auto setup the mms settings? I got the web working but not my mms. I'm using an unlocked nokia n95. If anyone already has the settingconfigured can you post them so i can just install? thanks.

Feedback Score

adaptor needed to use non nokia headset with boom micrphone on n95

Hi, how can I get a non nokia headphone with a boom microphone to work on my n95 what adaptor will I need? If posssible can you tell me where to get it? thanks.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl2 View Post
    Hi, how can I get a non nokia headphone with a boom microphone to work on my n95 what adaptor will I need? If posssible can you tell me where to get it? thanks.
    Your best bet is an independent cellphone store. Many of them have drawers full of adapters. (I have a few Nokia to 2.5mm adapters, but everything is packed away in anticipation of a move in a month or two.)

Then, again, if that's a cheapie headphone, you can get a cheapie that has a Nokia plug for about $10.

Feedback Score

adaptor for non nokia boom headset

Can you or anyone give me an idea of an adaptor. I only have a t n t or verizon stores here there no help. I would really appreciate your help. thanks.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I believe that ST's TOS say no 3-way calling.

I suspect that they lock it out when they can. CDMA can support 3-way calling, but not 4-way/5-way/6-way.

GSM can support up to 6-way or something like it.

I can confirm that on ST AT&T SIMs, 3-way callling DOES work.

I don't know if it works on T-Mobile - T-Mobile does allow its MVNO partners to lock more stuff than AT&T does, for example, you can't change busy and no-answer call forwarding on T-Mobile MVNOs, but you can on AT&T. So, it's possible that T-Mobile SIMS won't support 3-way calling either - but I don't know.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.