Thread: Driver download for the Samsung Intensity U450

Phone
    Sony Ericsson 518a
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Driver download for the Samsung Intensity U450

I have searched high & low for drivers for this phone. When connected via. USB, it shows up in Dev. manager as drivers not loaded. They are not on Verizons/Samsung website.

Phone is viewable in "My Computer" as "Samsung Phone Browser" .

Have tried using Samsung PC Studio 7, but it will not recognize the phone.

Just want to transfer some ringtones....

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Alias2
    Carrier
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What operating system are you using? Did you try the drivers located at http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/Step2...nufacturerID=4 ? Just click "Download" under any of those phone models as they all link to the same driver. A download prompt should then pop up. Do not worry about downloading any of the V CAST Music manager stuff as that is not necessary.

One quick note, I can confirm these drivers will work for the Intensity on Windows XP and Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), but they will not work on the 64-bit version of Windows 7 (don't know about the 32-bit version though)
    Remember kids... Bribery is illegal but lobbying is not

Mick662: "Someday, you will meet people on the internet who are so dumb, you will find it hard to comprehend. They probably got beat up a lot at school for being this dumb. And they deserved it".

Phone
    Sony Ericsson 518a
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Using Win XP 32 bit - I will dnload those drivers - I was under the impression that I would be charged for the download by Verizon...

So after the driver install, then use BitPim to transfer thew ringtones, or is there more to it than that?

Phones
    gzone boulder (orange) pageplus
    samsung galaxy indulge
    Carrier
    metro pcs family plan $25 unlimited talk and text + $35 unlimited talk text and 250mb 4g
    Feedback Score
    on my intensity when i plug it into the computer the phone has a menu that comes up on the screen, i scroll down to copy/transfer files and select it and the phone shows up as a drive on my computer (kind of like a thumb drive) i havent tryed ringtones yet but music and pics work fine, and i have a memory card if that makes a difference or not