Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG 290c shutting on and off on its own.Please Help.Emergency situation

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

LG 290c shutting on and off on its own.Please Help.Emergency situation

Tonight my 290 was low on juice so I plugged it in and was talking to a friend and it just shut off.It came back on by itself and it just keeps shutting off by itself.Sometimes it will stay on for maybe 2 mins but if I try to text or call during those 2 mins it immediately shuts off.Please anyone help.I cant afford to get a new phone right now and its the only phone we have.I have a young daughter(under a year)who has major health issues and this severely hurts us.I have to be able to contact her oncologist at all hours.We cant afford another one.HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by bob24260; 03-13-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    also my email is bob24260@yahoo.com if anyone wants to contact me this way.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Power down the phone, pull the battery and wait for about 30 seconds, replace battery and then let charge for awhile before attempting to text/call.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ive tried tha,I let it sit for 15 mins with batt out and then 15 mins after i put back in.I really appreciate you helping

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ive tried every combination of powering on off and removing battery i can and none work

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had a GSM phone that displayed similar behavior. It turned out to be the battery beginning to go bad.

A quick purchase of a battery on eBay for $3 fixed it right up... but eBay takes time. Local battery stores will be pricier, but well worth a try.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply.If I sound desperate I apologize.This phone is literally a lifeline.I appreciate all who reply

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Because of the short time the 290 has been on the market the battery may still be under ST warrenty. I don`t know if ST can ship on a weekend. The battery may be the same as used in the 200 or 220, or other LG`s. I`ve seen refurbed phones at Big Lots for $8 but you cannot see the battery or the charger in the package (may the charger be at fault?). My LG600 and LG300 both use the same battery & charger.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I went and purchased this morning a new battery and it isnt the battery.Im at wits end because we really need this.We are in a posistion where even 5 dollars seems a fortune.I thank everyone for their concern and help.By the way,the 290 and 220 battery are different.I also tried a new charger(my neighbor had brand new in package)and same results.I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact this phone is shot.Thank you everyone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bob24260
    I went and purchased this morning a new battery and it isnt the battery.Im at wits end because we really need this.We are in a posistion where even 5 dollars seems a fortune.I thank everyone for their concern and help.By the way,the 290 and 220 battery are different.I also tried a new charger(my neighbor had brand new in package)and same results.I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact this phone is shot.Thank you everyone.
    If you purchased the phone at WalMart try to return it. Be aware when they process a return, your phone is deactivated and your phone number could be reclaimed/lost at any time (you WILL loose the remainder of the 30 day plan).

WalMart first needs to pre agree to a refund of both the phone and the 30 day card after the new phone is activated and working. First activate the new phone with a port of your phone number from the old phone (this could take some time), then return the old phone. The charge and then the credit should be the same $ amount.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I tried to return phone today.No go.Over specified time.Straight talk was definitely no help,Thank you folks so much for the help.If I dont respond to any replies after tomorrow its because we are at hospital with my daughter.I dont want anyone to think Im ungrateful if i dont reply right away.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Also any one who has any inkling to donate to a good cause donate to St.Judes or the American Cancer Society.Thanks and God Bless.

Feedback Score
    No offense meant, it sounds like you need a landline. There are prepaid landline companies as well. Check the liquor stores. You will need a calling card for long distance calls. However, some of those companies do come with 1 hour of long distance per month.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If I may speak plainly...it sounds like you have very specific needs, and that you are not in a good position to meet those needs.

If you could tell us what you require, it's possible that we may come up with some other options for you.

My heart goes out to anyone with a hospitalized child...presumably I would not be alone in that position.

Chuck

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thank you

I appreciate all whos thoughts are with us and our family.Chuck I have sent you a private message.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast