Thread: Samsung T401G and Daylight Savings Time

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Samsung T401G and Daylight Savings Time

Hey there,

I'm having a problem with my T401G and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me since I can't seem to find an answer anywhere on the web.

Daylight Saving Time happened last night and I figured the time on my phone would automatically change since when I activated the phone it didn't actually pick up my correct local time until everything was activated and working properly.

So, I just kind of assumed that since it must be in sync with my time zone that it would change the time when DST hit accordingly.

However, it didn't change. I can't seem to find an option anywhere in the phone to automatically detect DST and when I go into the Time & Date section of the settings it only allows me to change the format of how the time and date are displayed, but not the actual time and date themselves.

So, if anyone has any help on how I can change the time on the T401G to reflect the correct time for my area it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Try power cycling the phone.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phone
    Samsung t401g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    If just powering off/on doesn't work, try taking the battery out for a min and putting it back in and turning it back on. Power cycling should fix it tho. When I turn mine on it says it's automatically adjusting date and time. If you see it saying that but it still doesn't fix the time properly, then the time or setup is wrong in the local carrier's equipment.

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    That totally worked. Thank you so much. I wasn't even aware of such a thing as I literally pretty much never turn my phone off and the few times I have I've never noticed the auto adjusting date and time message.

Thanks again.

Phone
    LG 4X HD - LG-P880
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can also get the time to update on your phone by calling your cell phone from another phone. When the cell phone rings, the time will update/change to the correct time.