Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Data useage 723487686??

Feedback Score

Data useage 723487686??

I have the Samsung i760. I finally activated it and ported a number from Tracfone. I received a $6 credit and that is what I am using at the moment.
    The phone for reasons I do not understand used some data and about $4 was deducted from the $6.
    I searched the forums a bit and changed the 777 # to 888. I was confident that the phone could not dial out so therefore would use no data. Wrong again, there is the 723487686 number and another $1 deducted??
    Other than calling PP and having the data shut off is there another way to keep the phone from using data?? JIm
    Last edited by DaddyMikey1975; 08-15-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

it might have been behind on the time . mine does that . u got to make sure u change the thing after it does connect to phone or some apps chk evey so often for stuff or updates and it is still connected to the net but calls work fine . dont put the weather channel app on cause that thing is always connecting to the net and it will eat it up

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    also just change the #777 to # 77m and that will stop it

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response. What would be the difference between 77m and 888?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrbus
    I have the Samsung i760. I finally activated it through Kitty and ported a number from Tracfone. I received a $6 credit and that is what I am using at the moment.
    The phone for reasons I do not understand used some data and about $4 was deducted from the $6.
    I searched the forums a bit and changed the 777 # to 888. I was confident that the phone could not dial out so therefore would use no data. Wrong again, there is the 723487686 number and another $1 deducted??
    Other than calling PP and having the data shut off is there another way to keep the phone from using data?? JIm
    Get a free copy of nodata.cab. You can toggle data on/off. It works great.

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

Thanks for the response. What would be the difference between 77m and 888?
    not a thing really . but thats what i did on mine and it never connects like that . you got to watch though . mine will use data from phone and i still get and make phone calls and if i dont see that the data arrows are on i can go around for hrs not realizing it . i usually soft reset everytime it connencts using the phone for data just to be safe . it only takes like 30 sec to reset itself

Feedback Score

Data Usage

I have an lgvx8300 purchased from PP . Every time I turn the phone on a small window appears "searching for app. updates" , less than a minute but every time it bills on this #723487686. I only need the phone for calls. Is there a way to diasable this data search ?

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    if u got it from ppc call them up and have them fix u . my guess is the phone needs a update or you got a problem with it . u could use bit pim to change the filesys so it wont work at all

Phone
    Omnia i910
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    even when i used the nodad app. i still got some bill for 723487686 (3$). anyone experience this?

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jctran77
    even when i used the nodad app. i still got some bill for 723487686 (3$). anyone experience this?
    no what's ur phone model ican help bt need more info

Phones
    Samsung sch-i760
    HTC Ozone
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have the Samsung i760. I finally activated it through Kitty and ported a number from Tracfone. I received a $6 credit and that is what I am using at the moment.

Had the same problem on my i760. On suggestion from Rachel Lewis I use the soft reset. Only takes a couple of seconds and has stopped the data leak. Nodata wouldn't install for me for some reason.

Phone
    Omnia i910
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    i used the samsung i910.

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same thing happen with my Motorola V325 but it's only deducting a penny every so often. How do I do a "soft reset"? And what's this 777 thing? It's not like I'm losing a lot of money, but those pennies add up.

Phones
    LG Chocolate 8550
    Motorola 376G
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Me, too

I'm having the same problem with my LG Chocolate 8550. Pennies do add up! I submitted a ticket on it. In "My Account" it says I only have SMS and Voicemail enable, so I'm wondering why it's doing this.

Phones
    sch-i760
    i880
    bb 8830
    Carriers
    page plus-
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    777 is the number the phone dials to use dat as far as a soft rest it is mostly for smartphones u can google soft reset for ur phones or do a battery pull it may do the same thing .i will look to see if a soft reset is possiable for both of you when i get on my comp i am on my phone doing this rt now as my kid has my computer rt now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast