Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cellebrite Maintenance Fee

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GetOverIt7
    i'll just bluetooth them, if I can't do that i'll transfer them to a phone that cellebrite still supports without the $250 and bluetooth them from there.....THEN download backup assistant. I promise you I will not lose customers nor revenue if I don't pay cellebrite $1000/yr for my 4 machines... There are other ways and plenty of them
    Freaking ditto, was just going to say the same exact thing. Damn near every phone out there supports bluetooth transfer these days. As for the GSM carriers, you can score a decent quality USB SIM reader for under 50 bucks.

Sim read contacts -- save as .csv file --import to customers new Backup Assistant account --sync to phone. Done.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Phones
    Droid Pro
    Razr Maxx
    Razr
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellphonetransf
    using Bluetooth...that feature is not supported by all devices and when it does work you have to transfer 1 at a time- it is really time consuming I have tried it.

I don't worry about the $250 a year it works out to 68cents a day I would rather use Cellebrite to save time and I charge for backing up customer info to a flash drive or USB stick customers like having all thier info backed up in case they lose their device

Funny how I just transferred ALL contacts from a voyager to an Env3. Granted some of the older model phones don't fully support, but as I said I'll use the machine to transfer to a phone that does and BOOM.

I understand your math, I like my cellebrite but to charge as much as they do for the unit ($1k) then cables are ridiculous ($25-40) then expect me to pay a quarter of the cost of a new unit each year?? come on.

It appears as though you maybe in some way affiliated with Cellebrite, if so you can tell them that their new fee is not being taken well and Cellebrite will be the one losing customers and revenue.
    Good things comes to those who wait.....but they only get whats left behind by those who hustle.

Phone
    Blackberry Curve
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Since '95
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have 6 celebrites in my stores. $1500 a year? Are you kidding me? With Verizon slashing commission in a few months on top of that?

How about fixing the support for the Droid then? Having to fight with the phone to select mass storage mode is getting really tiresome.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Phones
    V9m
    Q-retired
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    This is a pretty intense annual fee. Not quite as bad a QuickBooks which puts a time bomb in your software and disables itself after 3 years.

Does VZW allow the "update fee" to be paid for with co-op funds?

So it sounds like the machine will accept updates even though the one year warranty has passed. You guys who have multiple machines, what is to stop you from buying the update for one machine and installing the provided software on the other machines?

Phones
    bb tour
    ve20(old) lg rythm(old)
    glimmer/ax8600/wave/e815/nokia 6255i(bit the dust)
    Carrier
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Not an agent, but seems like a pc a good selection of usb cables and a couple of free programs(i.e.bitpiim, qpst or others) and you could do without this machine and the $250 fee. I'm no expert at it but I regularly help my friends abd family out when they get new phones and vary rarely have too many problems.
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown
    This is a pretty intense annual fee. Not quite as bad a QuickBooks which puts a time bomb in your software and disables itself after 3 years.

Does VZW allow the "update fee" to be paid for with co-op funds?

So it sounds like the machine will accept updates even though the one year warranty has passed. You guys who have multiple machines, what is to stop you from buying the update for one machine and installing the provided software on the other machines?

Have wondered that myself. Don't see why it would not work. I have multiple machines but never had to buy an upgrade yet, so haven't been able to try it.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_
    Have wondered that myself. Don't see why it would not work. I have multiple machines but never had to buy an upgrade yet, so haven't been able to try it.
    I'm sure Celle will have some system in place where one upgrade fee = one serial number. Meaning you'd have to pay $250 to register one UME serial number onto Cellebrite's "authorized database" of UME's allowed to recieve upgrades, and if you tried to pull an upgrade down on a UME that wasn't on the database list, it would be denied.

Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

do the math

Let's just say that there are 100,000 cellebrite machines out there. (this is probably a low estimate) At $250 each, that is $25,000,000 a year.

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650 with 6.0
    Carrier
    92 Million Strong: Verizon
    Feedback Score
    this is probably why most of the corp stores got rid of their cellebrites in our area..

BB Tour running 4.7/5.0 OS, USB Tethered

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oudidntkn0w
    this is probably why most of the corp stores got rid of their cellebrites in our area..
    No they got rid of them, cause they wanted to speed up customer service line. Unfrotunately, removing them did not really help the Corp. store they still take hella long time. What took place of the cellbrites? Pushing more data devices ie. DEMOING(time) lol...

(example of a CORE store) Hello customer what did you come in for? Oh you have a broken phone? Come over here and let us upgrade you to the DROID look how cool it is and let me show you some features..

Phone
    LG Voyager, LG Ally Android
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hi, Ok, I just finished reading this entire thread. My machine licence expired on 4/19/10. I just went and plugged my machine into my router and the back of the machine and it downloaded the application upgrade. Just got a message that upgrade was successful. Yea! I think they're just trying to get us to their site to buy that maintainence plan. Anyway, thank you for your discussion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clsmith593
    Hi, Ok, I just finished reading this entire thread. My machine licence expired on 4/19/10. I just went and plugged my machine into my router and the back of the machine and it downloaded the application upgrade. Just got a message that upgrade was successful. Yea! I think they're just trying to get us to their site to buy that maintainence plan. Anyway, thank you for your discussion.
    Same here so far.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    lol...too funny. Mine was about to expire so I sold it and bought me another new one. Didn't even try to upgrade it. Just an FYI if you ever have to actually renew the license, it can be paid for with co-op funds.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to dig up old thread, but did anyone get a definite answer as to the question of "can you update a cellebrite" whose license has expired?
    I found sites that have the latest updates available for download. will the update files work on the machine if the license isn't current?

Feedback Score
    I don't believe it will. I've paid for the updates with COOP money for 2 years now. I believe once it expires you're done and it won't allow any updates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast