Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Detailed Billing

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Detailed Billing

Why does my detailed billing only show voice and not data + messaging? I need all records, not just some...

Does this happen for anyone else?
    LUS Fiber (Lafayette, LA Municipal Fiber)
    "Fiber for the Future!"
    75x75 subscribed
    lusfiber.net

Phones
    Droid Incredible
    Moto Droid(Sold)
    Blackberry Tour(Sold)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Printed bills detailed or not never show text messaging detail. You would need to go online to your My Verizon Account to view/print text/pix/flix details. You won't see message content, but you can get date/time/phone number etc.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That's BS.
    I'm paying for detailed billing, I expect ALL of the details.
    AT&T has no problem giving this to me.
    T-Mobile has no problem giving this to me.
    The "bill introduction" section of my first VZW bill even showed where it should include data + messaging detail.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl91
    That's BS.
    I'm paying for detailed billing, I expect ALL of the details.
    AT&T has no problem giving this to me.
    T-Mobile has no problem giving this to me.
    The "bill introduction" section of my first VZW bill even showed where it should include data + messaging detail.
    I looked at an account with 1 line doing 26,000 text messages in a month on a family plan. So....................what you're saying is, you want a detailed print out of the records of those texts at a bare minimum? You're nuts and definitely not very eco friendly at all. Nobody needs to see those records on a monthly basis and use your online resources to export that info into an excel spreadsheet and print it on your own printer with your own ink at your expense.

You have detailed billing options. Use them. And stop complaining about not getting a paper print out. I think ALL companies should provide online resources and NOT send out these highly detailed bills to save paper, ink, and money. As long as it is available to you online at any time, where does the problem part come in?

Clearly, you have internet access if are posting this. Use it.

Sigh.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe the OP figures that since he's paying for it, then Verizon should be spending the $10 to overnight him 250 pages of activity via Fedex? Like that guy from the news who traveled to Ireland with his iPhone (when it first came out) and didn't realize that he had to pay by the kb for roaming data until AT&T sent him a 200 page bill (double sided) in a Fedex box with his roaming data details showing over $1,000 in roaming data charges?

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007
    I looked at an account with 1 line doing 26,000 text messages in a month on a family plan. So....................what you're saying is, you want a detailed print out of the records of those texts at a bare minimum? You're nuts and definitely not very eco friendly at all. Nobody needs to see those records on a monthly basis and use your online resources to export that info into an excel spreadsheet and print it on your own printer with your own ink at your expense.

You have detailed billing options. Use them. And stop complaining about not getting a paper print out. I think ALL companies should provide online resources and NOT send out these highly detailed bills to save paper, ink, and money. As long as it is available to you online at any time, where does the problem part come in?

Clearly, you have internet access if are posting this. Use it.

Sigh.
    I am paying for detailed billing and I was told by my sales rep that I would receive exactly what I need.

This is for a business account and the line sees minimal usage - the details are simply needed for accounting purposes and they MUST be directly from the company and not printed from the Internet site.

Also, if VZW can send me (in theory) 400+ pages of voice detail, why can they not do the same with data detail?

Calling me nuts = reported to moderators.
    Your username is fitting...

Verizon should not tell me one thing and then do another.

I am fine with voice-only detailed billing for my personal account. In fact, on ALL of my personal accounts, I have e-billing, just as I do for nearly every bill I have (utilities, credit cards, loans, etc.) so don't DARE call me eco-unfriendly.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am paying for detailed billing and I was told by my sales rep that I would receive exactly what I need.

This is for a business account and the line sees minimal usage - the details are simply needed for accounting purposes and they MUST be directly from the company and not printed from the Internet site.

Also, if VZW can send me (in theory) 400+ pages of voice detail, why can they not do the same with data detail?

I am fine with voice-only detailed billing for my personal account. In fact, on ALL of my personal accounts, I have e-billing, just as I do for nearly every bill I have (utilities, credit cards, loans, etc.) so don't DARE call me eco-unfriendly.
    Sounds to me like you have two options....

1. Stop wasting money every month for detailed billing when they're not giving you the information you want and just go online and print out the detail yourself.

2. It sounds like you have a dedicated business rep, so ***** and complain to him and get him to eat the cost of paper and toner and print you out the details you want every month and send it to you.

Phones
    EVO LTE
    EVO LTE
    Wishing for a CDMA smartphone w/ptt
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Detailed billing is detailed calls, nothing more. If a highlighted call log with a data, messaging and detailed download summary isn't enough then your employer is too nosy. Personally wanting a call log on my phone is too nosy in my opinion. What carrier offers a detailed data or messaging log? Google Voice does it only for text but they aren't a carrier.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah
    Sounds to me like you have two options....

1. Stop wasting money every month for detailed billing when they're not giving you the information you want and just go online and print out the detail yourself.

2. It sounds like you have a dedicated business rep, so ***** and complain to him and get him to eat the cost of paper and toner and print you out the details you want every month and send it to you.
    The problem with option 2 is that it has to be on a hard-copy of the bill directly from VZW. It cannot be printed off of the site.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubspoon
    Detailed billing is detailed calls, nothing more. If a highlighted call log with a data, messaging and detailed download summary isn't enough then your employer is too nosy. Personally wanting a call log on my phone is too nosy in my opinion. What carrier offers a detailed data or messaging log? Google Voice does it only for text but they aren't a carrier.
    AT&T for sure does this.
    Our AT&T bills come in boxes every month because of the sheer amounts of call volume. Messaging is MAYBE 400 messages a month. Maybe.

VZW will be no different, so there goes all eco-friendliness.

It makes me cringe, but...

It's not for a phone reimbursed by the company. It's a phone for company use and details are needed for some stupid accounting reason.
    I wonder why I was told it would be for calls and messaging and data and why the bill seems to imply that it would be...
    This is a scan of part of the "understanding your bill" section of my bill.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (out there: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid (AdamZ Enhanced) Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

AT&T for sure does this.
    Our AT&T bills come in boxes every month because of the sheer amounts of call volume. Messaging is MAYBE 400 messages a month. Maybe.

It's not for a phone reimbursed by the company. It's a phone for company use and details are needed for some stupid accounting reason.
    I wonder why I was told it would be for calls and messaging and data and why the bill seems to imply that it would be...

The company is feeding you a line of garbage. Needing a printout of text messages is not an accounting Generally Accepted Practice. The fact that you are paying for a detailed bill means its a small company that probably doesn't even need to follow that.

The fact that they "require" this just means they don't trust the employees.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is because of an obscure and seldom followed provision in the Internal Revenue Code that says that if a company provides an employee with a company owned and paid phone, any usage of that phone for non-business related purposes is supposed to be considered compensation to that employee. The law has been on the books for a long time, but it had generally not been followed. Last year, the IRS announced that it was going to begin cracking down on that, although recently the President announced that he wanted to do away with it, since it would be a monumental task for employers to be able to track all that in order to correctly determine what was business use and what was considered personal use.

Phones
    EVO LTE
    EVO LTE
    Wishing for a CDMA smartphone w/ptt
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    AT&T for sure does this.

I don't see what's wrong, your AT&T bill only has 400 pages of calls, doubt there's a detailed log of messaging and/or data.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I don't see what's wrong, your AT&T bill only has 400 pages of calls, doubt there's a detailed log of messaging and/or data.
    The AT&T bills show all usage, including voice, messaging, and data. I will scan a page from one of our ATTWS bills later showing messaging + data usage.

Phones
    LG enV Touch (VX11000)
    LG enV 3 (VX9200/VX9200M)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

I get a detailed monthly e-bill that provides not only a blow-by-blow of every call, but also the lowdown on my data usage - including every single three-minute VCast news video I've pulled up, by specific "title" - despite my having an unlimited-data plan.

BUT, I don't recall ever receiving a line-item breakdown of my text-messages; only a numerical tally. Perhaps this would be otherwise, were I not also on an unlimited-text plan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast