Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows Mobile Upgrade

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Windows Mobile Upgrade

The code will soon have a software upgrade to a newer windows mobile version....
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawad50
    The code will soon have a software upgrade to a newer windows mobile version....
    So how different is 6.5 standard from 6.1?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    LG Esteem [sold]
    Carrier
    Take a wild guess
    Feedback Score
    First of all where'd you hear this from?

And secondly...I've done some reading about smartphones/pocket pcs and Windows Mobile...and upgrading windows mobile on the Code from 6.1 to 6.5 wouldn't be that big of an improvement because this is not a touchscreen/Pocket PC. For smartphones, 6.5 only adds MSN widgets, Windows MarketPlace (which you can download anyway), very minor email enhancements (makes it easier to select contacts), and a slighty improved web browser (which is still not as good nor as fast Opera).

I'll pass

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroPieceofShi

And secondly...I've done some reading about smartphones/pocket pcs and Windows Mobile...and upgrading windows mobile on the Code from 6.1 to 6.5 wouldn't be that big of an improvement because this is not a touchscreen/Pocket PC. For smartphones, 6.5 only adds MSN widgets, Windows MarketPlace (which you can download anyway), very minor email enhancements (makes it easier to select contacts), and a slighty improved web browser (which is still not as good nor as fast Opera).

I'll pass
    Wow, bitter much?

Regardless, 6.5 > 6.1 no matter how minor the improvements are...the key word is improvements.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroPieceofShi

I'll pass
    thank you
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Metro Diamond WAP MMS GPS
    Windows Full Flash
    Android Full Flash
    Feedback Score
    this will be interesting to see this upgrade......thanks for the info if it really happens...

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    A lil birdie told me the same... sometime soon 6.5 is coming.
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Phones
    Windows Full Flash
    Android Full Flash
    Feedback Score
    The home screen is better laid out as well on 6.5 vs. 6.1.... I might actually buy my code back again...the caliber is just not cutting it for business uses...

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    LG Esteem [sold]
    Carrier
    Take a wild guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis
    Wow, bitter much?

Regardless, 6.5 > 6.1 no matter how minor the improvements are...the key word is improvements.
    LOL...tell that to anyone who upgraded from XP to Vista. Yeah, probably a bad comparison, but it's how I remind myself that when it comes to upgrading..if the improvements on an upgrade are miniscule or don't offer any real incentives to me, it's a waste of time...especially if you end up having to reset your phone/reinstall/configure apps/games in order to apply the update. (Hopefully this isn't the case.)

It is surprising though that Metro is actually going to let you upgrade the OS anyway.

But on a more important note, I have noticed that there were no major enhancements made to 6.5 that will prevent 6.1 from being able to run a smartphone app made for 6.5...in fact I haven't found a single smartphone app that said "6.5 required" ...they all say 6.0+

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know exactly when or around when this upgrade will be available?

Phones
    Samsung Intercept
    Droid 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    bump for more info

Feedback Score
    Again, does anyone have any further info on this? I am very curious as to if it is still happeneing or when.

Phones
    iPhone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    String and a couple cans
    Feedback Score
    I could use the upgrade. Damn code is sticking over and over! I'll be moving to android when available

Phones
    Windows Full Flash
    Android Full Flash
    Feedback Score
    Yeah moving to android too when it comes out..my code when I had it just froze too many times...hated having to reset it all the time...typical windows...

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I've actually had the Code since the first week it has come out and it never froze on me yet. Maybe I got lucky with a good one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast