Thread: LG Dare - How to change from world clock to local clock?

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

LG Dare - How to change from world clock to local clock?

The clock (world clock I assume) disappears from the main screen when there is no reception. How do I change it to local clock so I get time 24/7?

Phone
    black berry strom
    Carriers
    cricket
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    go in to the main settings it should be in there

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I looked and couldn't find it, that's why I'm asking for help!

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    The online PDF doesn't even have it!

Phones
    iPhone
    Blackberry
    Droid
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey i have read this information on the same forum some where:
    So adding this, hope it will help you
    It never said anything about where you can find clock settings but it has to be in phone settings. The rest of the information is right here

When selecting a clock type, click the icon to the left of the clock description. When the photo comes up, click, hold, and drag the clock to your desired location.

Also, while in the clock placement screen mentioned in the first post you can cycle through all the different clock versions by swiping your finger to the side like scrolling. You can then test out each clock version and reposition them to your liking before making your final selection.

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellTechie
    Hey i have read this information on the same forum some where:
    So adding this, hope it will help you
    It never said anything about where you can find clock settings but it has to be in phone settings. The rest of the information is right here

When selecting a clock type, click the icon to the left of the clock description. When the photo comes up, click, hold, and drag the clock to your desired location.

Also, while in the clock placement screen mentioned in the first post you can cycle through all the different clock versions by swiping your finger to the side like scrolling. You can then test out each clock version and reposition them to your liking before making your final selection.
    All I see is Settings > Tools > World Clock. There are no phone settings?!?!

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    In phone settings there's only Airplane Mode, Media Mode, Voice Commands, Language, Location, Security....

Phones
    LG Dare (VX9700)
    Balckberry Pearl (8100)
    SGH-T339
    Carriers
    cricKet
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Best way i have seen is when people make the swf wallpaper which have the clocks integrated in the design you should try and do the same but with whatever background you want so it stays when theirs no signal

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonycgb2
    Best way i have seen is when people make the swf wallpaper which have the clocks integrated in the design you should try and do the same but with whatever background you want so it stays when theirs no signal
    I have no idea how to do this.

And it's getting more complicated than I thought.

Sigh.

Phones
    LG Dare (VX9700)
    Balckberry Pearl (8100)
    SGH-T339
    Carriers
    cricKet
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Code:
    This guide instructs you on how to replace the stock "Fun Animations" on your phone with Flash clocks/wallpapers.  This guide only applies to flash clocks/wallpapers which have a .swf extension.  If the file has a .gif extension, this guide does NOT apply to those type of animated wallpapers.  Gif files should be loaded on your Dare the same way as normal jpg files (i.e., they should be saved to the my_pix folder).

You can have a maximum of seven flash clocks/wallpapers on your phone.  This is because you can only overwrite the existing seven Fun Animations.

1. Go to www.bitpim.org and download the latest official version. Currently 1.0.6

2. Once Bitpim is installed, run it and plug in your phone.

3. Click OK when Bitpim says it has detected your phone.

4. In the far left window of Bitpim you will see a menu (Basically, this is your phone), click on Filesystem.  (If you don't see Filesystem in the far left window, then go to the top menu and select View then select View Filesystem)

5. This will open a middle window with a folder icon. Click on the + sign to expand that folder. It might take a couple of seconds to open, as it is reading your phone.

6. Click on the + next to the folder labeled Flash.

7. Click on the + next to the folder labeled UI.

8. Click on the folder labeled Wallpapers. The window on the right will now show all the stock "Fun Animations" currently on your phone.

9. Right click on each Fun Animation file one at a time and save them all to a folder somewhere on your computer.  This step is very important because you will need these original files if you ever want to return your Dare to its original condition.

10.Right click on the wallpaper you wish to replace and click on overwrite. Select the Flash clock/wallpaper you have saved on your computer (make sure that you have unzipped it, and it shows as an swf file) and click open. This will replace the stock animation with your custom one. You do not have to rename your files before overwriting the ones on the phone.

Try to remember which number wallpaper you overwrite, because they will still have their stock names and icons when viewed on the phone. If it's wallpaperType3.swf then it will show up as the third wallpaper down in the "Fun Animations" menu on the phone.

To display these, on your phone go to Settings & Tools ► Display Settings ► Wallpaper ► Fun Animations and then choose the corresponding wallpaper that you replaced, and press set.

If you need to restore the original wallpapers, simply redo these steps, but replace your custom swf files with the stock ones that you backed up earlier in this guide.
    Now that you know that... You can go to (not sure if you can link to other forums but mod can remove)
    Code:
    http://www.lg-dare.com/index.php?topic=7570.0
    You have to register to see it.. But Their you can find a forums full of premade wallpapers with clocks integrated in them.. Something like this..