Thread: Restricted outgoing calls, pass code for contacts. wth is going on?

Phones
    Samsung Trance
    Mótőrölâ W385
    Mótőrölâ T730
    Carrier
    Včrďzőn
    Feedback Score

Restricted outgoing calls, pass code for contacts. wth is going on?

I purchased a verizon branded used phone. Every time I go to make a new contact it asks me to enter my "code" the 4 digit pass code. Also i get a message saying " Calls restricted, only stored contacts allowed".

I've never had this problem with used phones in the past. I couldn't do a hard reset as this phone as that option disabled from verizon.

It's the motorola w385 if it matters.

what's going on here?

Phones
    Samsung Trance
    Mótőrölâ W385
    Mótőrölâ T730
    Carrier
    Včrďzőn
    Feedback Score
    I knew it would get answered in a sub forum with 3 topics in 10 days, great.

Feedback Score
    It's a security feature. The phone has been locked so that outgoing calls can only be made to contacts. It won't allow you to edit the contacts so the kid that's using the phone can't just add the number they want to talk to and then call them. You have to go in the security section of the phone to disable this. The security code for that section could be the last 4 digits of whatever phone number was last on that phone. Try looking at phone info and see if you can find that. Otherwise you'd need to get that from the person you got the phone from, you're screwed without it.