Thread: Simple Mobile problem w/ receiving calls

Carriers
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Global: Tru, eKit, Mobal, Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score

Question Simple Mobile problem w/ receiving calls

I've been getting a lot of complaints from someone I know well who switched to Simple Mobile last month but is having a problem when he receives calls despite being in areas with a good signal, like downtown: everyone who calls him has to call twice for his phone to ring. His phone never rings the first time around. The other person may get a ring or two or none and go to voicemail. The only way he finds out someone called him is by checking his call log & sees that he missed a call but the phone still never did anything when the call was coming in.

He has tried the usual troubleshooting of turning the phone off & on, checking sound settings to make sure it's not mute, as well as trying the SIM in more than one phone but nothing seems to do the trick. He still has the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or even knows of it? If so, did you ever fix it and if so, what did you have to do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

PS: He has never had this problem before with other operators over the (last dozen or so) years including AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Cingular/AT&T Mobility, Verizon, and even T-Mobile. Also never had the problem when abroad in the UK & elsewhere on foreign networks.

Carrier
    Simple Mobile/Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    I've been getting a lot of complaints from someone I know well who switched to Simple Mobile last month but is having a problem when he receives calls despite being in areas with a good signal, like downtown: everyone who calls him has to call twice for his phone to ring. His phone never rings the first time around. The other person may get a ring or two or none and go to voicemail. The only way he finds out someone called him is by checking his call log & sees that he missed a call but the phone still never did anything when the call was coming in.

He has tried the usual troubleshooting of turning the phone off & on, checking sound settings to make sure it's not mute, as well as trying the SIM in more than one phone but nothing seems to do the trick. He still has the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or even knows of it? If so, did you ever fix it and if so, what did you have to do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

PS: He has never had this problem before with other operators over the (last dozen or so) years including AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Cingular/AT&T Mobility, Verizon, and even T-Mobile. Also never had the problem when abroad in the UK & elsewhere on foreign networks.

if the phone gets the called saved on the call log then its the phone not the service. if the phone wasnt ringing and wasnt showing up in the call log either then it would be the service

has he tried another phone?

Feedback Score
    I have the same problem for the last 48 hrs or so in LA area. Starts to piss me off. Calling and sms works just fine

ANYTHING WITH A SIM

Phones
    Page Plus/T-Mobile
    Blackberry
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917

Thanks.

Have not heard about this with our customers BUT I do suggest that he call Simple Mobile Customer Care in the morning to assist him with troubleshooting the problem. Here is the number-1.877.878.7908

Merchant Circle Moderator/Advisor and Yahoo Answers Participant, Since '08

Freelancer Writer for Examiner.com (Detroit Job Search Examiner) and Bright Hub-Soon to Come-(Cell Phone Plans & Carriers-Follow my articles!

Feedback Score
    Problem Solved

Feedback Score
    no call waiting... just get the voicemail

Phones
    Page Plus/T-Mobile
    Blackberry
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm