Thread: Net10 minute transfer questions

Feedback Score

Net10 minute transfer questions

I have read through the forums and haven't found specific info I'm looking for:

CURRENT PHONE: Net10 Motorola v176 (gsm)
    MINUTES: 1723
    AIRTIME EXP DATE: April 03, 2010
    (the cover on this phone is broken, battery exposed and several keys are loose - but it is still functional).

NEW PHONE: Net10 Samsung T401G (gsm)
    (bought it 2 days ago - still in box/unopened.

My airtime is about up on my old phone, and I'd like to be able to transfer the minutes and phone number to the new phone, but all I hear are horror stories. Can anyone direct me to step-by-step instructions to follow so I don't mess things up (as I can easily do).

I really don't want to lose all those minutes or do things in the wrong order, and I'm a little leery to start with Net10 CS first...

Thanks in advance for any advice or links/referral info.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwing
    I have read through the forums and haven't found specific info I'm looking for:

CURRENT PHONE: Net10 Motorola v176 (gsm)
    MINUTES: 1723
    AIRTIME EXP DATE: April 03, 2010
    (the cover on this phone is broken, battery exposed and several keys are loose - but it is still functional).

NEW PHONE: Net10 Samsung T401G (gsm)
    (bought it 2 days ago - still in box/unopened.

My airtime is about up on my old phone, and I'd like to be able to transfer the minutes and phone number to the new phone, but all I hear are horror stories. Can anyone direct me to step-by-step instructions to follow so I don't mess things up (as I can easily do).

I really don't want to lose all those minutes or do things in the wrong order, and I'm a little leery to start with Net10 CS first...

Thanks in advance for any advice or links/referral info.
    You really have no choice but to call CS if you want to transfer more than 1100 mins.

Feedback Score

You're right

...but I was hoping to be prepared with info on the process in case the CS reps might goof up as well.

Thanks for the response! : )

Feedback Score
    If you got your minutes from airtime cards, and used up the original minutes that came with the phone, you should be OK, However, Net10 reserves the right to kill your phone by mistake and make you spend a lot of time and calls to get it straightened out. This just happened to my wife's phone out of the blue about a week ago.

Sorry to bring gloom. My best advice is to do the transfer, use up the minutes, and then switch to another company. And I don't mean Tracfone! Look at unlocked GSM options or one of the Verizon MVNO's.

Phones
    Motorola EM326g
    Motorola EM326g
    Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    This happened to me with my old phone. Just out of the blue it stopped working. When I called CS they just said I would have to get a new phone. I didn't have any trouble transferring my 3000 plus minutes, but it took at least 2 days for my new phone to start working.

Phones
    Motorola EM326g
    Motorola EM326g
    Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone else had to wait 2 days to use your new phone when transferring your minutes and phone number?

Phones
    Motorola EM326g
    Motorola EM326g
    Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score

transfer

under my name, it says "My mom bought me this phone". I did not put that there and it is not true.

Phones
    Motorola EM326g
    Motorola EM326g
    Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Who is putting the heading on these things?

Feedback Score
    Just went through it with TracFone--started one evening (with a real run-around) finished the following evening (though it took two phone calls about two hours apart), and I lost some days (because they will not transfer more than two years). They did throw in a few extra minutes to compensate for the days which was fine for me becuase I use more minutes than days.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If your transfering from a non-working phone it will take them a few days to varify the minutes you actually had remaining. They have to get the minutes used from the service provider.

HOFO generates the headings under your name and it varies.

First time anyone has posted about a limit on the days of service that can be transfered.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by debbort View Post
    Who is putting the heading on these things?

Those taglines are automatically put up by the computer system. I understand they can be suppressed but don't know how to do it.