Thread: Can Page Plus change my phone number?

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can Page Plus change my phone number?

I recently went to Page Plus and got a Droid. Well long story short the dealer I went to which is in Madison WI activated my phone but for that particular city (Madison, WI) instead of mine (Janesville WI).

So whenever my wife, family friends etc. calls me from Janesville they have to press the area code also. So do anyone know if page Plus could change my phone number to my home area and if so how much would it cost?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    This happened to me when I activated my phone, they can do it but they are dummy.... The girl I spoke tried thousand times to change my number for a local number for me but she couldn't do it, so then she gave me a new number closer and she told me to do the OTA again, and when I did the OTA oh surprise!! I got a local number!! not the number she told me lol. It didn't cost me anything since I called few hours after I activated my number, if you wait days they may charge you. It is possible, you just need to find the right person who know what he/she is doing

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Dealers can do a number change for you, if you find one of them here in the "free services" thread it would be free. You will get a new random number in your chosen ZIP code, if one is available. In areas where there are multiple area codes for one ZIP code you may not have a choice of area code.

Phones
    LG Rumor2 PagePlus
    Samsung Exclaim Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do you have a plan or are you on Pay as You Go?

If you are on a plan you will need to call Page Plus.

If you are on Pay as You Go, you can PM me with your current number, esn and the correct zip code.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wkendrvr
    Do you have a plan or are you on Pay as You Go?

If you are on a plan you will need to call Page Plus.

If you are on Pay as You Go, you can PM me with your current number, esn and the correct zip code.
    Thanks so much. But I have a unlimited min & txt plan. Do you or anyone think that the Page Plus guy that I got my phone from would be able to switch my number for me? Or do I really have to contact Page Plus myself?

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Anyone on a plan cannot change their phone number without first losing their plan. You will have to be converted back to the Standard Plan, then have a number change, then re-add any plan you want by purchasing a new PIN. For this reason, many people choose to wait until the end of their time on their existing plan before going back to standard, since they would not lose any balance/plan time this way.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    Anyone on a plan cannot change their phone number without first losing their plan. You will have to be converted back to the Standard Plan, then have a number change, then re-add any plan you want by purchasing a new PIN. For this reason, many people choose to wait until the end of their time on their existing plan before going back to standard, since they would not lose any balance/plan time this way.

Thanks,
    Kitty
    So I assume it's best for me to wait until my plain to expire, which will be next April 11. At that time can I also switch my plan? I'm going to switch to the 1200 mins & 1200 txt + 50MB of data, plus add a minute card just in case I use all my data.

Thanks everyone for answering my thread.

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you try to make these changes thru PPC Customer Service be sure to do one step at a time.

1. On April 12 call Customer Service and change from Unlimited to Standard plan.

2. Get satisfactory phone number.

3. Change to 1200 TNT.

If you try to do everything with one call to Customer Service you can run into problems that will cost you $ and frustration.

Feedback Score

Exclamation similar question

I bought a used env touch off eBay. The guy had it on a Verizon plan in Wisconsin and it's number is a Wisconsin number. I want to put it on page plus in Alabama with a local number. If i activate it, then immediately change the number before buying the unlimited TNT plan, would that work?

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    if you activate the device in Alabama, they should give you an Alabama number upon activation. No need to 'change' it

Hope this helps

Phones
    DROIDS
    Samsung Mesmerize (USC Galaxy S)
    HTC Touch Custom Win 6.5 (PP)
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Airfire Mobile (Local GSM)
    Feedback Score

I am a Page Plus Dealer and we offer all services free except activation!

We will change your number for free and help educate anyone on how PP works.

Thanks a lot

Madison Page Plus Cellular
    608-218-4362

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    Jamie, you really need to check the forum rules before you find the mods giving you a vacation or a permanent expulsion. Just a word to the wise.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==