Thread: Mike Towers ... available here !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mike Towers ... available here !

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

A great update with mikes towers is available now on this website !
    Thanks to the author !

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    What's funny is now in all of eastern Ontario, no Bell towers show up on the map anymore.

It's really cool that we can now see what towers are Mike vs. what towers are CDMA/HSPA. If Telus put HSPA/CDMA on all of the Mike sites in Ontario, they wouldn't need to handoff to Bell much at all!
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    When did MiKE extend coverage to Kitimat? I usually turn on my phone just to check but I missed this one.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Looks like it's just data from Industry Canada's TAFL listing which has frequency and lat/long for every LMR unit in Canada, save for public safety. But good job writing a script and making a Google Map out of it!

Device(s)
    Nokia C3-01
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    There are less than a dozen towers in all of the meritime provinces combined. I'm pretty sure I've made use of at least half of those :P

Feedback Score
    Im pretty sure a lot of those towers are not even active right now.. I was in Regina and I had no service. However in North Battleford I had coverage. This is not on the TELUS MiKe coverage map.

Feedback Score
    Telus CDMA to be linked on MiKe towers??????????????? stop making sense, you can not even piggy back a pcs phone on your mike account or vice versa or should your company wish to have a pcs for a member of their team they have to go through credit aproval again & they say that Govt. is innefecient. Go Figure

Better yet Sprint used to have a model i812? I beleive that had the capacity to swicth from Nextel ([iden) to Sprint (cdma) in low signal area , but us in Canada we were never intelligewnt enough to have that model here. YEAH Telus

Feedback Score
    From what I heard the reason we did not have the CDMA/iDEN device was because of the frequency used and roaming on bell towers. The unit was only capable of using the 1900 MHz CDMA frequency and since a lot of Bell towers in the county are 850 MHz the device would not work on those towers. Also it could have been a Bell roaming issue is the towers were not up to par. This is just what I heard which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dfamusements View Post
    Telus CDMA to be linked on MiKe towers??????????????? stop making sense, you can not even piggy back a pcs phone on your mike account or vice versa or should your company wish to have a pcs for a member of their team they have to go through credit aproval again & they say that Govt. is innefecient. Go Figure

Better yet Sprint used to have a model i812? I beleive that had the capacity to swicth from Nextel ([iden) to Sprint (cdma) in low signal area , but us in Canada we were never intelligewnt enough to have that model here. YEAH Telus

Feedback Score
    They were evaluated and rejected, the battery life was terrible and it didn't do anything that needed doing.

Virgin Mobile India Graphic

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    Beware of one thing about the CanCellSites.htm site: It DOES NOT make a distinction between indoor repeater sites and outdoor macro sites. This gives you the impression that they have more sites than they actually do. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of the sites shown are INDOOR ONLY and have no impact on coverage outdoors.